View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 08:50 AM   #158
glynne
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 4' 11 1/2"

Good morning all,

So glad to have a day off. Boy, it has been a stressful few days at work (since the lay offs). People on edge as they are stressed ~ trying to do their jobs plus new responsibilities that have been put on them. Or, doing their jobs now with less help than before. I had not worked in my position during the week before (except during orientation) and it is a faster pace. Thank goodness, I had had time to learn my job working on the weekends when it was a little quieter. Hopefully when the smoke clears things will settle down. I felt more tired after these 8 hour shifts than I did working those 16 hour shifts. I had a routine worked out at work, now I've got to develop a new one.

Got to develop a new one at home too. Just gotta keep trying it different ways and "tweaking it" unitl I get it all figured out. I'm having to eat things at different times. My walking is kind of on hold for now until I get that figured out. I have to find a new time/day to go to weight watchers meetings. I am sad about that ~ I liked my leader. Eventually it will all work out.

Had taken a vacation day today ~ our town has these free outdoor concerts in the spring, summer and fall. The band playing today is "Toast and Jam". They play 70's - 90's music. We have seen them before and so when I saw them on the schedule ~ got today off so we could go see them. Hope the weather cooperates.

Gotta get off here now and get ready for church. I am excited about that ~ have not been able to go for a while (because of the work schedule) and miss it.

Hope you all have a nice day.

Take care

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance. (From Karen31's post)