View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 09:50 AM   #158
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good morning all,

So glad to have a day off. Boy, it has been a stressful few days at work (since the lay offs). People on edge as they are stressed ~ trying to do their jobs plus new responsibilities that have been put on them. Or, doing their jobs now with less help than before. I had not worked in my position during the week before (except during orientation) and it is a faster pace. Thank goodness, I had had time to learn my job working on the weekends when it was a little quieter. Hopefully when the smoke clears things will settle down. I felt more tired after these 8 hour shifts than I did working those 16 hour shifts. I had a routine worked out at work, now I've got to develop a new one.

Got to develop a new one at home too. Just gotta keep trying it different ways and "tweaking it" unitl I get it all figured out. I'm having to eat things at different times. My walking is kind of on hold for now until I get that figured out. I have to find a new time/day to go to weight watchers meetings. I am sad about that ~ I liked my leader. Eventually it will all work out.

Had taken a vacation day today ~ our town has these free outdoor concerts in the spring, summer and fall. The band playing today is "Toast and Jam". They play 70's - 90's music. We have seen them before and so when I saw them on the schedule ~ got today off so we could go see them. Hope the weather cooperates.

Gotta get off here now and get ready for church. I am excited about that ~ have not been able to go for a while (because of the work schedule) and miss it.

Hope you all have a nice day.

Take care
One day at a time ~ never giving up!!

Nobody can force you to have a certain attitude. But life will go so much better if you will simply choose to be positive. When you wake up, choose to be happy. Choose to be grateful for the day. (Joel Osteen)