Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2003, 07:12 AM   #1  
she who must be obeyed

Thumbs down May 1st and forward.....Daily Chat

Hi Ya'll!!!!!!! Said in my best southern accent........I don't have one.......sorry

So what is new with everyone??

Update on my Mom. She is doing well, yesterday she started her radiation treatment.......which will last for 7 weeks, 5 days a week. She and Dad have a good outlook, which is a BIG part of the battle. Mom and Dad are planning a trip to the Keys for July, after treatment is completed.

Hazel and I have started a Mall walking program. Right now we are going 3 days a week. We do not really live that close to each other, but as Hazel puts it, "I have a car." We meet about halfway between our houses........we are having a good time. Hazel brings her two cute babies and as long as the younger of the two keeps his feet off the older one they are happy The little guys are terrific and Hazel gets an extra workout pushing a double stroller.

Not a bunch planned for today. I hope to get some bedding plants in the ground today, I have ONLY had them since last Thursday Ruth, I need you and your green thumb!!

Have a terrific day all!
Old 05-01-2003, 07:31 AM   #2  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Nice to see you are doing well deb, I hope all goes well for Mom and Dad. I will be thinking of them.

Good going on the mall walking. keep that up and you will be at your goal in no time.

be well,
-L
Old 05-01-2003, 07:34 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Sheesh! I can't help with gardening until I get Big Hair and it's pretty short right now. I'm glad your Mum is doing well and has a good attitude. Planning a trip after the treatments is a great idea.
I didn't know you and Hazel lived in the same place. It must be great to have a walking buddy.
Old 05-01-2003, 07:54 AM   #4  
she who must be obeyed

Hi L!!!!

Ruth if I make you an honorary "Big Hair" gal will you come plant my bedding plants??

And........Hazel and I are both in the burbs of Atlanta, she is south of Atlanta and I am east of Atlanta, about 30 or so miles apart.........so we meet in the middle!!
Old 05-01-2003, 08:18 AM   #5  

Good morning everyone!!! I am so lucky to have Debbie as a walking buddy!! We have such a great time! The time flies by and you don't realize just how far you have walked!

I have been down for the last few days I got on the scale and I had gained 3 lbs. But talking to Debbie makes me feel so much better, I know it will come off, it is just so hard sometimes.

But on the bright side I feel wonderful, I love walking and getting out of breath and sweating! It is such a wonderful feeling of accomplishment. After we walk I feel like I can take on the world!!!

Today is my oldest sons birthday, he is 16!!! We got him a car. We picked it up last night it is a 1993 Toyota Camry. It was painted on monday and looks so nice he will be so excited. He wanted an Eclipse but there was no way I was getting a 16 year old boy a sports car.

He has no idea and the funny part is he has seen it because we have it parked in our next door neighbors driveway. At the top of the driveway for everyone to see. But he still has no idea.

Ok I guess this is long enough!!!

Hazel
Dr. Daly~Lap RNY 02/05/03
314~08/16/03 (did one last diet drug)
282~pre-op
241~Today, I have lost 2 of the 3 lbs I gained!!! WHOOO HOOOO
Old 05-01-2003, 10:48 AM   #6  
Hang In There

Hazel, how exciting for your son! Ole Alvin has been on a plateau (I guess) hasn't lost anything in about three weeks, and we ALL know it can't be fromwhat he's been eating.

If last night diidn't make him sick, I am sure nothing will. We went to a Mexican resturant and he order an appitizer of FRIED JAPLANEO and a Taco sslad. Of course he only ate tow pf the5 peppers and picked at his salad, but just the though bothered me!
Old 05-01-2003, 12:53 PM   #7  
she who must be obeyed

It is now almost 1PM and the plants are NOT........I repeat NOT in the ground........Ruth hasn't shown up yet

Hazel your son will be so excited!!

Barb I have been meaning to ask.......what caused ole Alvin's pouch to burst?

peachie if your lurking...........how are ya??
Old 05-01-2003, 01:13 PM   #8  

I'm waiting for the mailman, who always seems to be late on the first of the month

Then I have the "menial" tasks of going to the bank, the store (cupboards are getting quite bare ), and then I can go get my monthly haircut!

I have some little sprouts finally coming up in my flower garden the past couple of weeks; and we are expecting storms tonight ! Let's hope they aren't too bad......
Old 05-01-2003, 01:27 PM   #9  

I have tomatoes!!!! My plants have baby green tomatoes 3 of them!!! I feel like a farmer!!! I have a black thumb so these tomatoes are a miracle!!!!

Hazel
Old 05-02-2003, 08:20 AM   #10  
she who must be obeyed

Lori and Hazel........you mean you MUST plant them to get them to grow

Hazel and I are missing our Mall walking today........my daughter has a 9am doctor visit........she may have pink eye. My Mom's guess is she does not. But......Hazel and I plan to walk tomorrow.

Jiff how are ya????

Hazel how did your son like his birthday gift?? Bet he was shocked!

The scale started moving again...........and in the right direction this time

It's the dang "W" words..........works every time. Walk and Water, Walk and Water!!!!!!!!!

Off to take the child........back later
Old 05-02-2003, 08:23 AM   #11  
she who must be obeyed

Okay...........I MUST protest!!!!!!!! My daughter is wearing MY clothes, they are a bit too big..........but now I have nothing of my own!!!!!! She just came downstairs in my shirt........one of my favorite shirts. It's just the beginning, isn't it.
Old 05-02-2003, 08:59 AM   #12  

WHOOOOO HOOO I have lost the last pound of my 3 pound gain, and 2 extra for good measure!!!!I love my scale today!! I weigh 238!!! On Monday I weighed 243, on Sunday I weighed 240!!! Gotta love my crazy body!

I sure am missing my walk!!!! But since i have this horrible cold I guess it is ok!!!

Matt was so shocked to get a car. He stood there staring at the car like he could not believe it. My brothers wife asked him to trade cars with her! It was so funny. He has never hugged and kissed me as much as he did last night!!! I started to cry! It was wonderful. He is still my baby.

Ok enough of the mussy stuff! Debbie call me so we can figure out what time we want to walk!!!

Hazel
Dr. Daly Lap RNY 02/05/03
314 ~ 08/16/02 last diet drug
282 ~ pre-op
238 HOLY MOLY TODAY!!!!
Less than 40 lbs to be under 200!!! Whooo hoooo
Old 05-02-2003, 01:23 PM   #13  

I weigh and measure myself on Sundays, and hopefully, the scale and tape measure keep moving in the right direction!
Old 05-03-2003, 06:10 AM   #14  
she who must be obeyed

Early Saturday Morning to all of you!!

As I thought, my daughter does not have pink-eye, but she does have an eye infection. We have cream for her eye and horror of horrors for a 17 year old girl, she must leave her contacts out and wear her glasses for 5 days or so. You would think someone was beating her the way she complains about her glasses.

After our walk this morning, I plan to FINALLY plant my bedding plants.......you know.........that Ruth didn't show up. Gosh, guess I will plant them myself.

Lori I need to do the weighing thing once a week also. I was thinking on Monday's, makes me watch it over the weekend.

Hazel the happy dance is for you!!!

Jiff.......work must really have you bogged down.......post and say hello when you can.

to everyone

Need to fill the coffee cup........back later.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!
Old 05-03-2003, 06:49 AM   #15  

Good Morning!!! Debbie I see you are up getting ready for our walk??? Me too!!! I am so excited I have lost another pound!!! I am so loving this walking thing, who knew? So it is official I have lost 45 lbs in 3 months!!! Not to shabby!

Well my three month mark is on Monday, but heck by then I may gain a pound so I am counting it today!!! Unless I lose more !!!

I wish you all could walk with Debbie and I we have such a great time!!

Bye bye, Hazel
Closed Thread