Old 03-12-2011, 07:50 PM   #1  
Back in the saddle again

S/C/G: 249/ticker/149

Height: 5'6"

Unhappy One of those days...

Ugh... one of those days! You know, the days when you look at pictures or look in the mirror and you can't see the difference, even when everyone else can. One of those days when the plateau is really getting annoying

What's weird is that this kind of mood usually hits when I've been bored all day or eaten poorly, but today I started the day with productive chores, went hiking (and it was absolutely gorgeous), hiked all three hills in the trail for the first time ever, began a reorganization of the garage, and I've eaten well. I'm on point with regards to calories, and I have no urge to binge, but I'm just annoyed.

I'm not fishing for compliments here (it would be kind of hard, considering I haven't posted any progress pics ), just venting. I've been writing in my journal for about 20 minutes, and I'm not feeling any better about myself. I think I'm freaked about moving across the country solo and away from everyone I know (moving at the end of June), and that's compounded by the fact that the chores and garage work are all related to the move. I think it's just putting the move in the forefront of my mind, and the move makes me wish I were losing more weight, and that wish makes me even more frustrated by my recent lack of weight loss, which makes it hard for me to see my progress....now how's that for a long sentence?

I've gotten back on track wrt food and exercise (I was "flailing" recently). I've upped my protein intake, I've been posting here more, and I've got a reason to hit the gym/park even more frequently starting Monday (my roommate is starting tutoring two 13 year-olds), so I'm sure I'll move past this plateau and into better headspace soon. However, today, I am apparently feeling the need to write about my own neuroses...aren't you all so lucky
spixiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 08:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/167/140

Height: 5'2"

Hmmmmm...........sounds like a case of my former (thank you, God!) PMS issues!
MonicaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 11:19 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 285/211/165

Sometimes you have to go through the lows to appreciate the "highs" - doesn't make it suck any less at the time though. Hang in there!! You have made amazing progress and that shows a lot of strength and commitment. Hope you are having a better day today!

Juliana
juliana77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 11:58 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Vent away girl!! We're here for you. Hope you're feeling better today!
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 12:42 PM   #5  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

You've had an enviously marvelous day! I commend you! You're right. That's the kind of day that puts me on top of the world, so I think your issue sits deeper.

It's ok to move somewhere not quite at your ideal weight. I moved to my current house exactly one month before beginning this journey. Yeah, I wished then that everyone I met would only know me thin, but now it doesn't matter. And it gives everyone something to talk about. I've been more motivational to neighbors since they've watched me go through it, whereas if I'd been already thin, no one would have known any different.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 02:35 PM   #6  
Back in the saddle again

S/C/G: 249/ticker/149

Feeling better today. Started off with more productivity - taking boxes of books to sell, items to drop off at a donation center, getting some cooking done...my move is in the center of my mind again, and yet today, I'm feeling good about myself

Thanks for the well wishes!
spixiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 02:36 PM   #7  
Geek

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'8"

Glad you are feeling better about yourself today! We have to take the "bad days" in strides -- they will happen, but we all know the saying "this too shall pass"!
Phae is offline   Reply With Quote