Old 03-10-2011, 09:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 251/238/151

Height: 5'5"

Default C25K ladies

So I started yesterday, I plan on doing monday, wednesday and friday, but Ill also go to the gym a couple times other than that, and do yoga on saturdays.

But ummm holy smokes, my body is feeling that I ran yesterday! I have been working out on the eliptical for over a month and have never felt like this from it! My thighs are so sore, and I assume its from all of the planks I did yesterday but wow, my abs are sore too!

How long does it take to not feel like I got whacked across the thighs after running?
Ishisnowcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:24 AM   #2  
Determined to reach goal!

S/C/G: 224/201.0/150

Height: 5'7

I'm a little C25K obsessed at the moment. When I first started out, I didn't have much belief the programme would work for me. The first week's short intervals were well tough, I simply could not see me ever ever running for 30 mins straight.

I'm starting week 5 tomorrow (also run Mon, Weds, Fri) and am finally starting to believe that maybe, just maybe it'll work! Today (non C25K day) I added a ten minute jog to the end of my workout, and I did it, it was hard, but not *that* hard. I actually crave jogging now, and have to stop myself from doing any 2 days a week.

In the beginning I was sore after it, but not for long. Now my legs have got a lot more used to it, and barely even hurt when I'm running.

I hope you stick at the programme, and that you'll feel the same as I do in a few weeks!

Good luck!
takingcontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:18 AM   #3  
You mad bro?

S/C/G: 228/164.6/128

Height: 5'3"

I totally want to do this as soon as I get in better shape. I can jog for about a minute but it kills me. I can't imagine alternating for 20 minutes. Spend some time on the elliptical first, then I'll move on to the treadmill.

I've never been good at running, or anything that involves moving my legs because I'm severely knock-kneed. It makes fun things hard
Laneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:53 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 236 / T(176*) / 145

Height: 5' 5

I can't say that my thighs in particular were really sore after jogging, but I definitely have noticed over the last several weeks that I feel like jogging has gotten easier. Not just in terms of breathing / heart rate staying more sane (which certainly helps a lot! ) but also in terms of leg strength.

I've been working pretty hard on strength training hamstrings, calves, and quads to help with knee stability for a missing ACL. The advantage is that those muscles are rather helpful with running as well, and I can actually tell a difference just over the last few weeks with the improved strength helping during actual activity! Yay!

So I don't know how long the soreness will really last, since I'm still getting sore legs after about every other or every third workout. But, I do recommend to just keep up strength training simultaneously with C25K, and it will probably help the problem go away faster.
kaebaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:35 PM   #5  
!

S/C/G: 225/tick tock tick tock/130

Height: 5'4"

I just started c25k too. My thighs are fine, but my calves are killing me after each session! I stretch before, after, and right before I go to bed. That's why c25k is only 3 days a week ... to give you time to recover! Push through the first couple of days, and then see how you feel over the weekend.
theresac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 12:24 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 187/siggy/120

Height: 5' 3"

I plan on starting this next week! Have to get some shoes that'll work, my DC's don't seem like the best idea
setsysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 12:47 PM   #7  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Yay for C25K!!!!!!

I just graduated from the program in the end of January and cannot say enough good things about it!

Stick with it! The soreness will go away the more you work on the program. As you get into the coming weeks, you will actually start to look forward to your running days. You will start to want that soreness. As crazy as that sounds. LOL

I loved the program and still run faithfully because of it. I wish you all the best of luck with it!!!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 04:46 PM   #8  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

I'm not doing it quite yet, but I am starting the c25k on April 1st! I'm a little nervous about it because I am still pretty heavy, but I've read some great stories from people my size and even larger, so it gives me some hope. I'll be getting fitted for a proper pair of running shoes once I get a chance to drive up to the city, so that should help decrease the risks for injury as well. I'm excited by the challenge, and I really hope I'm able to find a way to manage it at my size and fitness level.
opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:58 PM   #9  

So I did it again today, and it went well, but once again my thighs are screaming!!! I told them to shove it and that they had better get used to it ;P

Last edited by Ishisnowcone; 03-11-2011 at 09:58 PM.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:09 PM   #10  

Ok so Im doing every other day, because the monday wednesday friday made me think it wasnt enough. Anyway, today was my third day, and it was easier! I thought it would be hard but it wasnt, and I am looking forward to my next go!
Old 03-17-2011, 01:11 PM   #11  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

I've tried this program a few times, it certainly has been no fault of the program that I've fallen off. I think jogging is just as physical as it is mental.

I was complaining to my housemate that I didn't want to go to the gym today because it's too nice to be stuck inside (especially after being in the office all day!). She suggested I go for a walk around one of the big lakes we have here (I think it's about a 3 mile trail).

PERFECT! I have the C25K app on my phone so I figured that would be a good way to step it up a little bit. I'm excited! Also, I'm excited to see how it is running outdoor vs. on a treadmill (I know it's WAYYYY different, but I'm wondering if I'll like it more).

YAY!
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:22 PM   #12  
You mad bro?

S/C/G: 228/164.6/128

Height: 5'3"

So I went to the gym the other night and jogged a bit on the treadmill, and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I think what I'm going to do is go 3 nights a week for C25K (gotta figure out when to start) and then other nights do yoga or some other kind of strength training.

I need to get my work schedule sorted out before I can get my workout schedule sorted out. I'm terribly excited though, I've never been able to keep up a jog for more than 2 or 3 minutes at a clip.
Laneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:27 PM   #13  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

I did the C25K, and let me tell you... that week you go from like 8 mins to 20... KILLER! LOL.

But worth it.

Of course, then I got walking pneumonia, and have to start over, but... still. At least I know what I'm getting into.
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 04:11 PM   #14  

Im on week 2. Today will be my second day of it, and its harder than week one (haha right) but doable. Im thinking of downloading the podcast that tells you when to switch and stuff because its sort of a pain to have to watch the timer.
Old 03-17-2011, 04:30 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 214.3/200.4/150

Height: 5'9

Im going to be starting week 2 tomorrow. My right calf burns so bad when I walk during the intervals but kinda numbs itself halfway through so I can finish it. No pain, no gain, right?

Keep it up ladies!
gnat7 is offline   Reply With Quote