Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 06:35 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default IP Weekend Chat - 11-13 March 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To see what you missed yesterday: Thursday, 10 March 2011
Old 03-11-2011, 07:59 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Hello everyone..wow another day and a little more fat gone...I like it...
this weekend we are going to Dallas for the weekend..My ideal protein is packed and expecting a great trip..taking my walking shoes..I want to start moving my butt more and enjoying life...
Wake up and tell yourself lets enjoy living today...find one thing to do this weekend that you normally wouldn't do...
take a walking trail...go bowling-skating-swimming-dancing-zumba-belly dancing- rock climbing- martial arts class..judo is great for the body--anything...
just get out and move and leave your comfort zone..then Monday we'll see how many fun stories we have from the weekend...I'll be looking for fun stuff this weekend in Dallas...
Hugs to all...

:runnin g:
Old 03-11-2011, 08:15 AM   #3  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Good morning to all IP troopers! My little man is home from his stay in the hospital with RSV. He is still struggling, but we are watching him. Thanks for all the thoughts and kind words yesterday. Being a stay at home dad yesterday and the day before, was difficult and tempting with staying on Protocol. I did though.

Here is to another 100% day!
Old 03-11-2011, 08:31 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 164.6/138.5/135

Height: 5'7"

Good morning fellow IPer's !! Already the week-end.. Spring is almost there!!

This morning is my WI #9, I have a good feeling! I will post my results later on! Don't give up, this diet is SOOO good for you. Enjoy your day!
Old 03-11-2011, 09:10 AM   #5  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

Morning y'all! Good luck, Vanessa, bs safe Judy, and way to stick it out Juice!. I feel ya with the stay at home making it harder, I try to get out with the girls everyday so I'm not staring at the pantry.

Today I'm going visit my aunt and uncle, bringing my packets along. So ready for some crawfish. I know the sodium is bad....but HOW bad? Could I just drink extra water to counteract?
Old 03-11-2011, 09:11 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 288/268.2/130

Height: 5'5"

I am due for weigh-in number six? today. I don`t feel like I have lost much at all this week. Especially since having my wisdom teeth out a couple of days ago - eating is a huge challenge - I don`t have much for an appetite, my mouth is sore, and all I want is a mcd shake to make my mouth less sore. Even eating the crispy cereal is a challenge! I haven`t had all my water most days, and am just getting stressed out. I know it is a temporary hiccup, but I don`t want to slow my progress.
I hope everybody has a great OP weekend.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:14 AM   #7  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Good morning to all IP troopers! My little man is home from his stay in the hospital with RSV. He is still struggling, but we are watching him. Thanks for all the thoughts and kind words yesterday. Being a stay at home dad yesterday and the day before, was difficult and tempting with staying on Protocol. I did though.

Here is to another 100% day!
That is great news that your little guy is home. Have a great weekend and way to go on staying OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa333 View Post
Good morning fellow IPer's !! Already the week-end.. Spring is almost there!!

This morning is my WI #9, I have a good feeling! I will post my results later on! Don't give up, this diet is SOOO good for you. Enjoy your day!
Good morning Vanessa, I meant to ask you if you did give blood last week and how it went... I found because I am drinking more water it is so much faster.

Yesterday was WI #4, 3.5 lbs gone never to return. Very happy with the 20.5 lbs in a month It is a great way to start this lifestyle..
Everyone have a great weekend, I am off to an Agility trial all weekend with my two dogs. Looking forward to the warm weather that is suppose to start on Sunday.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:16 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Hello everyone!

This is my last weekend before I start the IP Plan on Monday. I will be going to the gym to buy my first "groceries" on my lunch hour today. Any suggestions for what I absolutely must have/try and what to avoid would be greatly appreciated!

I already bought the three IP vitamins (Cal-Mag, Potassion and Multi-Vita) and one package of the new IP ready-to-drink shakes even though they are kind of expensive. I have some Pure Protein bars from Costco hidden away in the pantry at home as well but I will try to hold off on those for a while since they are restricted. I am now ready for some packets. What did you start with and what are your favorites?

I plan on having a shake for breakfast on Monday morning and I have an appointment at the gym to start my file, inlcuding my official "before" WI and measurements on my lunch hour. I will eat lunch afterwards.

I will also be doing real grocery shopping, for the vegetables, on the weekend. Suggestions for this are also welcome.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 03-11-2011, 09:26 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 168/148.5/140; start 01/19/11

Default Going off IP foods

I posted a few days ago about not being able to afford the IP packets this week and someone gave me some helpful tips, however, I apologize I cannot find that thread now and am unsure who gave me the tips.

My question is this, the reply said I could try doing real food proteins and protein shakes this week. Do real eggs as a meal (w/o the yolks of course), canned tunna, EAS, muscle milk... etc., etc., is this in place of my IP packets or is this my protein for the day? I am still a little confused as I have only been on Phase I and am not sure how to do it on my own and what is required for daily "counts." Is there a thread on here that outlines what exactly I am supposed to be doing if not using the IP packets?

Again, I apologize for my confusion but I have really just gone along blindly with what the coach says, eating what I am supposed to eat along with the IP packets, but don't really know what my total carb, fat, protein is actually supposed to be for a day. I have had AWESOME results on this plan and wish I could afford the packets forever but it is just not possible. I really don't want to gain back any weight I have lost so I want to do this the right way.

I found this forum to be so inspirational and motivational! It really makes me want to stick with it harder and not have any cheats! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Btw, down another 2 pounds this week! Have a great day everyone!

Old 03-11-2011, 09:34 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyloser2011 View Post
I posted a few days ago about not being able to afford the IP packets this week and someone gave me some helpful tips, however, I apologize I cannot find that thread now and am unsure who gave me the tips.

My question is this, the reply said I could try doing real food proteins and protein shakes this week. Do real eggs as a meal (w/o the yolks of course), canned tunna, EAS, muscle milk... etc., etc., is this in place of my IP packets or is this my protein for the day? I am still a little confused as I have only been on Phase I and am not sure how to do it on my own and what is required for daily "counts." Is there a thread on here that outlines what exactly I am supposed to be doing if not using the IP packets?

Again, I apologize for my confusion but I have really just gone along blindly with what the coach says, eating what I am supposed to eat along with the IP packets, but don't really know what my total carb, fat, protein is actually supposed to be for a day. I have had AWESOME results on this plan and wish I could afford the packets forever but it is just not possible. I really don't want to gain back any weight I have lost so I want to do this the right way.

I found this forum to be so inspirational and motivational! It really makes me want to stick with it harder and not have any cheats! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Btw, down another 2 pounds this week! Have a great day everyone!

I think it was showgirlaz that posted the info for you. Just do a search for her posts. There is also a sticky thread with alt products others have used.Good luck
Old 03-11-2011, 09:38 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieB View Post
Hello everyone!

This is my last weekend before I start the IP Plan on Monday. I will be going to the gym to buy my first "groceries" on my lunch hour today. Any suggestions for what I absolutely must have/try and what to avoid would be greatly appreciated!

I already bought the three IP vitamins (Cal-Mag, Potassion and Multi-Vita) and one package of the new IP ready-to-drink shakes even though they are kind of expensive. I have some Pure Protein bars from Costco hidden away in the pantry at home as well but I will try to hold off on those for a while since they are restricted. I am now ready for some packets. What did you start with and what are your favorites?

I plan on having a shake for breakfast on Monday morning and I have an appointment at the gym to start my file, inlcuding my official "before" WI and measurements on my lunch hour. I will eat lunch afterwards.

I will also be doing real grocery shopping, for the vegetables, on the weekend. Suggestions for this are also welcome.

Have a great weekend everyone!
SusieB, I am just finishing week 1 so am pretty new. I tried the turnip fries this week. You should try them. Never dreamed I would like turnips. Not sure which thread I found the recipe in.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:43 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 168/148.5/140; start 01/19/11

Deve67: Thanks! Found it! I wish I had all day to read all of the information on this site! LOL!! Too bad I have to work!
Old 03-11-2011, 09:46 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 265/244/185

Height: Started IP 12/8/14

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Here is the main thread for ideal protein. So just scroll down and find the alternative products and also helpful threads
Old 03-11-2011, 09:53 AM   #14  
Kathy

S/C/G: 165/120/120

Height: 5' 1"

Three days until our vacation. Coach said to go onto Phase two during our trip. I'm a bit nervous about it and eatting out for all our meals. Always feels like your cheating when you are not following phase one especially when you are not cooking your own meals. I'm hoping I'm prepared. I got my individual salad dressing packets, travel salt, and IP products ready to go. I'm hoping I can stay strong and still manage to loose while I'm gone. I've got some great tips from other IPers on traveling while on IP to Disney World!! Thank you guys!! Gotta get ready to head in for weigh in number 9. Have a fantabulous day!
Old 03-11-2011, 09:55 AM   #15  
New to IP

S/C/G: 170.6/152/130

Height: 5'3"

Hi,
I am done with the diet and have lots of IP packets left. Would anyone want to buy them? I will sell them for a cheaper price than regular. Let me know if anyone is interested.
Closed Thread