General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 03-09-2011, 12:41 PM   #1  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

S/C/G: 189/14x/138

Height: 5'3"

Default Fat Smashers 2011

Is anyone currently following the Fat Smash or Extreme Fat Smash plan and would like to post their menus, share their experience, or just support each other?
DEDIKAYTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 01:38 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

I was planning on starting today. I'll join you. So, this is day 1.

Last edited by tyla; 03-09-2011 at 01:40 PM.
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 01:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 155/Ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEDIKAYTED View Post
Is anyone currently following the Fat Smash or Extreme Fat Smash plan and would like to post their menus, share their experience, or just support each other?
Hey I tried extreme fat smash for a week. I've done this diet before two times. It's amazing, you'll see results, but I never completed the full 3 weeks. I lost 4 pounds in 5 days the last time. I can't remember what I lost the first time, but it was more than 3 pounds or so. I think what stops me is the fear of eating the cereals and carbs on week 2. I really have binge eating problems and the thought of having those foods tempt me to eat more than just one serving. I think if trying EFS again, do week 1 a couple of times before hitting the meals on week 2.

I've also just checked out Ian's other book, 4-day Diet, at the library. Haven't read it yet, but it also has good reviews on Amazon.

I like Ian's meals cause they're simple and vegetarian/pescatarian friendly, which I am. So hope it works for you!
Beila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 04:25 PM   #4  

I made it through breakfast and lunch today. That's a big deal.LOL
Old 03-09-2011, 09:35 PM   #5  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beila View Post
Hey I tried extreme fat smash for a week. I've done this diet before two times. It's amazing, you'll see results, but I never completed the full 3 weeks. I lost 4 pounds in 5 days the last time. I can't remember what I lost the first time, but it was more than 3 pounds or so. I think what stops me is the fear of eating the cereals and carbs on week 2. I really have binge eating problems and the thought of having those foods tempt me to eat more than just one serving. I think if trying EFS again, do week 1 a couple of times before hitting the meals on week 2.

I've also just checked out Ian's other book, 4-day Diet, at the library. Haven't read it yet, but it also has good reviews on Amazon.

I like Ian's meals cause they're simple and vegetarian/pescatarian friendly, which I am. So hope it works for you!
I go on and off fat smash.. I really love the plan. I have done both the Original Fat Smash and the Extreme Fat Smash and both worked pretty good. Sometimes when I don't feel like being creative and just want someone to tell me what to eat, I'll do a round or at least a week or so of the Extreme version. I exercise alot anyway, so extreme is right up my alley. You are right though, you definitely see the changes! Taking pictures is really good to do because sometimes you can underestimate the actualy physical changes that are taking place.

The first time that I did the Extreme version, I went through the 3 cycles. The last time I did it.. like YOU, I didnt want to have the cereal or the sandwiches. I LOVE LOVE LOVE cold cereal but I dont LOVE just having 1 cup! LOL! I always want to eat more, so instead, the last time I did EFS, I just did almost 2 weeks but just repeated cycle 1 twice. I just figured since it is the week where I lose the most, why not repeat it. I know the book doesn't recommend it, but oh well. I work the plan, they way it works for me !

I also like the fact that I dont have to eat meat if I dont want to while on this plan. I am definitely NOT a big meat eater. I much rather have a veggie burger anyway.. I have my mother doing the diet right now, and she has been doing pretty good as well. She doesn't mind because she still gets to eat lean meats. So I guess its a win-win for everyone!

Thanks for sharing your experience.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:36 PM   #6  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyla View Post
I made it through breakfast and lunch today. That's a big deal.LOL
Good job!!! Are you doing the original version or the extreme version?
Old 03-09-2011, 11:10 PM   #7  

Day 1 done!

Dedikayted, I got the info off the internet. I suppose it's the original, where I can have yogurt, veggies, fruits, oatmeal, tofu, etc.

I requested the first book from the library today.

Good luck to us all!
Tyla
Old 03-09-2011, 11:50 PM   #8  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyla View Post
Day 1 done!

Dedikayted, I got the info off the internet. I suppose it's the original, where I can have yogurt, veggies, fruits, oatmeal, tofu, etc.

I requested the first book from the library today.

Good luck to us all!
Tyla
Oh ok. That sounds like the first 9 days (detox) of the Original version! When I did that the first time around, I did lose my 9 pounds in 9 days! So good luck to you!

Don't forget to get some exercise in as well

See you around on your Day 2 !!

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 03-09-2011 at 11:51 PM.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:34 AM   #9  

I feel great today! On to day 2.

Dedikayted, I don't expect to lose 9lbs in 9 days, but that would be great if it happened. I had a cup of coffee, so I'm not completely detoxing. Plus I had coconut water, which is really good for the immune system.

Other than that, I ate what was on the list. I want to get back to my goal weight, because I've gained a few lbs. since Christmas. I can't seem to get rid of them, and hoped this would help. (I did this plan once before. I didn't lose much but my clothes fit better, and I felt more in control.)

I got on the elliptical for 30 minutes yesterday and used my weights, so I'm exercising, too.

What exercises do you do? What version do you follow?

Good luck to us today.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:29 PM   #10  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

I am not on fat smash this week. I just finished doing about 10 days on the Extreme version to break a plateau. At this point, every time a break a plateau, I sit at the next weight for a few weeks and drives me insane!

Currently I do the treadmill - walking at inclines, running, sprinting, jogging
Elliptical
recumbent bike
cybex machine

I usually exercise 6 days a week

There's another 3FC member that expressed that she was on Fat Smash so I thought I'd start a new thread for fat smashers to support each other. Like I said, I use the plan as needed and love it. Whether I am on or off the plan, I love to help support others in their journey as well!

Hope you are having a great day 2!!! Keep working the plan - it will work for you!!! I'll check on ya this evening to see how things are going..
Old 03-10-2011, 10:54 PM   #11  

Day 2 done! On to day 3.

I actually don't have any cravings. Something about this plan makes me feel satisfied. I guess it's because I'm not eating processed foods or items with flour in them.

Dedikayted, What is the extreme version of Fat Smash?

I'm very impressed with your exercise routine. Excellent work! I try to get at least 30 minutes daily, because I feel so much better after I exercise.

Thank you for being here with me, even though you're not doing Fat Smash. It helps to know someone else is working at it and has done this plan, too.

Tyla
Old 03-11-2011, 10:19 AM   #12  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Great job with Day 2. I just talked to one of my friends on the phone that wants to do fat smash detox til next Wednesday so I told him I will be there for him as well. Until I find out what my next plan of action will be, I will do the detox as well. Its the simplest thing for me and doesnt require too much thought (which I need right now).

So anyway...

Today so far:

Breakfast:
1/2 cup oatmeal
1 cup fat free milk
1 small apple
Old 03-11-2011, 07:29 PM   #13  

Day 3 done. On to day 4.

Just wondering when protein like lean meats are allowed? I was concerned that I am not getting enough protein. I still feel great, though.

Talk to you on Monday, Dedikayted.

Tyla
Old 03-11-2011, 07:47 PM   #14  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

The first 9 days - no meat allowed.. protein comes from egg whites, beans, yogurt, and milk only....

I usually use plain greek yogurt, because at least thats almost 20 grams of per serving..

After the 9 days, lean meat is allowed.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:04 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 224/212/140

Hi ladies,

I'm thinking of trying out Fat Smash (not extreme). Can someone fill me in on some of the basics before I order the book (which is only like $5 and change on amazon right now)? Not sure if it's manageable or not for me and I'd like to learn more.

Thanks!
Ann72 is offline   Reply With Quote