View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 05:49 PM   #123
glynne
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 4' 11 1/2"

Good afternoon,

It's been kind of a stressful few days ~ stuff at work. I knew from a few things that had been said that there were going to be some changes, but I had no idea how many people were going to be affected. Finally found out today. More lay offs (there had been layoffs back in the fall) more people were going to be let go and were being told today. Thankfully I wasn't one of them. It will affect me by a change in my hours. Actually for me, it will be better. I am going to be working now ~ eight hour shifts ~ 10am to 6pm ~ 40 hours a week. It will be every other weekend. So now, I will get to do stuff with the family again. And, I won't have to get up at that terrible hour of 4:30 am, and I won't have the 16 hour shifts back to back with the short night (4 1/2 hours) of sleep on Saturday nights. I feel bad for the people who will lose their jobs. I feel bad too for the people who are left ~ we were already working short a lot of the time ~ sounds like it will be even worse now.

They worry so about patient satisfaction ~ I can't see how that will improve when the nurses are expected to do more with less help.

My new hours start tomorrow morning. I've gotta develop a whole new routine.

Guess I'd better get on the ball ~ lunch to pack, laundry to do.

Hope you all have had a good day.

Take care

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance. (From Karen31's post)