Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 10-14-2010, 11:56 PM   #1  

Default Diet-to-Go

Ok starting this new thread since this is my new diet that I am on for now. I did Diet-to-Go (DTG) back in may for 10 weeks and lost a total of ``19 pounds. Then switched to Bistro MD Biggest Looser for about 6 weeks then they abruptly stopped the Biggest Looser Meal Plan and I stuck around for another 6 weeks on their normal plan. Bistro is great I loved it when I did the Biggest Loser Meal Plan and loved it after when it was the normal program. I did notice alot of things stopped showing up and things felt like they were being repeated so I got bored and needed a change and also weight wise I wasn't loosing. I knkow it wasn't the program it was more me because I am in a stressfull period right now. So wanted to jump start things again so went back to DTG Low Carb. (note: I contiplated doing the eDiets Bigget Loser Meal Plan that started but lots of issues that didn't make me feel warm and fuzy...see thread http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/diet...47-ediets.html)

So as I stated I decided to do DTG Low Carb. Their meals are picked up on Tue evening and Fri evening. I had some left over items from the first time around in my freezer so I started on Sun. I gave myself one day off cheat day between Bistro and DTG. I weigh in on Sat (believe it or not I am a Weight Watchers member so I go in every Fri to weigh in) shhhhh don't tell them I am doing DTG Low Carb I am not a fan of mushoorms and most of low carb meals for DTG have mushrooms. I tried all meals the first time around and concluded I would just pluck the mushroom outs and only sub the meals that were just nasty.

So I called last Fri said I wanted to restart and they said sure Tue you are all set and my preferences were still in the system. Awesomeee. In the past you paid for subbing foods out. I read on the back of my packing slip a note tha local delivery charges would go up from 3 to 4 BUT they were redesigning their website to allow you to manage your substituted food items online and see your preferences and would stop charging for subbing things out. Sweeeeeeeettt The website doesn't looked changed yet and charges still 3 so my guess is this is still comming. It was supposed to be in affect on Sept 15th or something so they are behind obviously.

Anyway onto their food...I so missed their Breakfast meals ... their eggs just rock. Today I had their Rosted Pork Loin for lunch and it was great. I will say with DTG you get 3 meals and that is it. Bistro I had 3 meals and 2 snacks which I miss snacking between meals. the LC plan is so high in calories on some days that you can forget snacking. Looking forward to Sat Western Omelete for breakfast and Andouille Sausage for lunch mmmm.

speaking of breakfast while on Bistro I thought of some ideas of swapping out their meals but never did. I love the eggs as I said on DTG so I reasearched online to see if anyone sold prepackaged eggs since Bistro's food was frozen I figured others might sell them...heck bistro may not even make their own eggs for all we know. Anyway found a couple of sites that if I had a large freezer I would consider trying them out.

The whole egg
http://www.sunnyfresh.com/cb/sf/Prod...sics/index.jsp

Egg Whites
http://www.sunnyfresh.com/cb/sf/Prod...ions/index.jsp

Those sites give you info about the products but I think you can order them from here
http://www.foodservicedirect.com/ind...gg-Patties.htm
http://www.foodservicedirect.com/pro...ee-3-Ounce.htm
(be sure to check how many in a case...the egg white patty has 50 for about $38 and the normal about 100 for about $36)

I do alot of research on line for these kinds of things just so I know what is out there for when one day I will say hey I can do this on my own why pay an arm and a leg to someone else hehehehe.

Anyway it is late time to sleep for now zzzzzz Will keep you posted on my pickup tomorrow
tzoavva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 01:57 PM   #2  

drummmmmm role.....and the results are in. 1lb loss. OK not bad switching from Bistro MD to DTG LC and on plam for 6 days that is great. Last time I switched form DTG to Bistro I had a gain so will take this over that anytime. Next week should be more of a realistic weigh in to see how things go. DTG sausages are great I truely missed them. Wonder if they make them or buy them. The seals on the package are so much tighter than the Bistro ones. Wish tehy did theres that way too but difference is Bistro you microwave with the plastic and it pops versus DTG you open it up and then cook.

Lunch time off I go to have the Week 2 Sat Sausage Aundu....something
Old 10-16-2010, 03:59 PM   #3  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

Congrats Tzo!!! That's really good....I'm root'n for ya! Please let us know how next week goes
joyfulloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 10:49 PM   #4  

Thanks Joy. I just picked up food for Week 3 excited to see that tomorrow night I have the Crab Stuffed Flounder. I soooo love this. Wish I had doubled up on this for some other times when the foods are not so hot....o well next time. I am so busy lately can't even plan things right anymore I am just eating what I am told when told. Cant wait for this week to be over with to slow down a bit. Yea right. have family comming in town for several weeks starting tomorrow so hope I can still stick to my plan/schedule. I am also hopeing to start back up my Tue and Thu spinning classes next week and once i rest up a bit start running again. I had to slow down for several weeks because of my part time job that had me working late on Tue and Thu and just exhausted on the days in between.

Speaking of exhausted I can feel the decrease in energy of the Low Carb plan so started to take vitamins again. With Bistro I had stopped them since I was eating a variety of food on their plan now with Low Carb DTG need the extra vitamins I am missing. Hopefully energy level will kick in soon.

Anyway excited with tomorrows menu all day to be honest:
Cheese Omelet w/
Spinach and Salsa

BaconChicken Pesto Cheddar
Melt with a Mustard
Green Mix
Broccoli Florets

CauliflowerCrab-Stuffed Flounder
Cauliflower w/ Creamed Spinach
Green Beans & Parmesan
Old 10-20-2010, 05:45 PM   #5  
I'm a SWIMMER!

Tzo - Wow...that menu sure does sound DELISH!

I have an 11 yr old candy junkie and as such I've become immune to temptations...haha...

It wasn't easy at first, but I had to force myself to do things like bake homemade choco-chip muffins and cakes and cookies and NOT allow myself to have any. I had to establish some level of self-control or else I knew it would only be a matter of time before I was doomed!!! Kinda like confronting a fear (i.e. skydiving for people afraid of heights)

Point being, plan to succeed. Sure...having family over is a big temptation, but remember all the money your paying for these meal plans...or how hard it is to lose even a lb...or whatever scares you into being good! Paying all this $$$ for food is definitely a HUGE motivator for me....but everyone has their motivator.

Wise person once said, "if you don't plan for success, you're planning for failure"...forget who said that though...but sounds good..eh? haha

Well...can't wait to hear more good news about this plan...

Me...I've got about 3 more weeks worth of food and then I'm going on my own. Still got some great recipes and I'm going to utilize what eating Bistro has taught me about portion sizes and ratios. I'll probably become a calorie counter and continue to increase my exercise. Maybe in the future I can grab a week here or there of Bistro when I get tired of cooking!

In any event, I'll still lurk about here...please keep us up to date on your progress and much success to you!
Old 10-30-2010, 02:25 PM   #6  
I'm a SWIMMER!

Anddd....the verdict is?????

How does DTG compare with Bistro MD in terms of weight loss? Food Quality? Taste? Filling the Belly in general?

drummmmmmmmmmmmmrolllllllllllle................... .........
Old 11-09-2010, 11:51 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfulloser View Post
Anddd....the verdict is?????

How does DTG compare with Bistro MD in terms of weight loss? Food Quality? Taste? Filling the Belly in general?

drummmmmmmmmmmmmrolllllllllllle................... .........
They all have their positives and negatives, so it kinda just depends on your preference for everything, so I'm kinda anxious to see what people have to say
as well.
FattyFatFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 09:31 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 164/130/135

Height: 5'9"

I did Diet to Go for about a month this summer when I started my weight loss plan. With the exception of a few meals, I liked almost everything on the menu and I lost about 5 pounds the month I used the plan. However, I discovered that I could replicate the program for about 1/2 the price by shopping at the grocery store and counting calories.

I've been losing weight steadily that way since August, but I would recommend DTG to someone who doesn't want/doesn't have the time to shop on their own. In my opinion, it's far superior to Ediets (which I tried once before and couldn't eat AT.ALL.) and MediFast/Wonderslim (same). I also found it to be reasonably priced and fresh for a meal delivery program.
montanawildhack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 09:22 AM   #9  
I'm a SWIMMER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by montanawildhack View Post
I did Diet to Go for about a month this summer when I started my weight loss plan. With the exception of a few meals, I liked almost everything on the menu and I lost about 5 pounds the month I used the plan. However, I discovered that I could replicate the program for about 1/2 the price by shopping at the grocery store and counting calories.

I've been losing weight steadily that way since August, but I would recommend DTG to someone who doesn't want/doesn't have the time to shop on their own. In my opinion, it's far superior to Ediets (which I tried once before and couldn't eat AT.ALL.) and MediFast/Wonderslim (same). I also found it to be reasonably priced and fresh for a meal delivery program.
Thanks for your feedback!!!

You are at my GOAL weight. At 145, I'm a size 5...your goal is 135? In any event...keep us posted on your progress...wishing you all the best!
Old 11-27-2010, 06:39 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 164/130/135

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfulloser View Post
Thanks for your feedback!!!

You are at my GOAL weight. At 145, I'm a size 5...your goal is 135? In any event...keep us posted on your progress...wishing you all the best!
You're very welcome! Glad I could help.

I just hit 145 yesterday... Happy Thanksgiving to me! I've been wearing size 8 pants since I got to the low-150s, and now they are pretty loose on me. But I'm not a size 6 in pants (though I am for most dresses/skirts) unless I'm in the mid-130s, because I carry a lot of weight in my thighs.

Good luck with your journey, as well!
montanawildhack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:49 PM   #11  
mcz1970

S/C/G: 245/240/125

Height: 5'4.5"

So is everyone still doing Diet to go?
mcz1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 05:32 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 185/185/140

Height: 5'8"

Default New to DTG

Hello All,

I placed my first order to DTG last week and my first shipment is due to ship on Monday (I think). Anyway, I am pretty excited to see what becomes of this adventure. I have tried Medifast/Wonderslim and Nutrisystem...All worked for a bit, but I just couldn't manage to stick with it. Ever the optimist, I am ready to begin again!!
JenAngel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:00 PM   #13  

Default Still Waiting

Hello All,

I am still (not so patiently) waiting for my first shipment. I thought for sure that I would receive it yesterday. I order a lot through the mail so I sadly know when the FedEx guy comes and when the UPS guy comes...aside from pacing back and forth in front of the window and holding myself back from practically jumping in front of their trucks when I heard them go by....I think I am going nuts....LOL Just a little bit eager on my side...on a good note, my house is TREMENDOUSLY clean... I have been reading back posts on here about how some people were satisfied and some not so much... I am kind of actually worried about what I will find in my box when/if it actually arrives. Since today is only Thursday, I only have until Friday at Noon to cancel my next shipment. I also have been reading how difficult that task seems to be. I guess time and my own experience will only tell. Well, I guess that is all for now....will be in touch.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:45 AM   #14  

Default Update

Ok...so I did fianally get my food on Thursday evening. It was frozen and in good shape. I sorted everything out by days and labeled with a sharpie...just because I am a tad OCD . I did the same thing with my nutrisystem meals...LOL...anyway, So far the food has not been that bad. I have cooked everything in the oven because I don't want the "watery" sensation that everybody is getting with the microwave. I do have another order that will be coming next week, but I honestly don't think that this isn't something that I can't do on my own, now that I see how they are portioning things out. It will take some massive iron will (which is not my strong point) and some organization...which I am pretty good at. I guess it all boils down to how badly I want to lose weight and if I can get my mind in the right frame of mind. Always easier said than done.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:29 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenAngel7 View Post
I guess it all boils down to how badly I want to lose weight and if I can get my mind in the right frame of mind. Always easier said than done.
You said that so perfectly... there's nothing else that can be added to that statement.:-) If you were able to say that though, then it shows you are at least secure in understanding what to do. Only thing left is... well... to do it.
FattyFatFat is offline   Reply With Quote