Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 06:09 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default IP Daily Chat - Tuesday, 8 March 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Happy Not-so-Fat Tuesday! Let's celebrate today in style with lots of fun and perfectly on protocol.

To see what you missed yesterday: Monday, 7 March 2011
Old 03-08-2011, 06:38 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 139.1/132.4/119

Height: 5'2"

Hi Everyone - I am one disappointed camper. Yesterday was 1 month on Ideal Protein and this will be my last week. I want to use up the packets I bought and as of yesterday total weight loss in the 4 weeks was only 8.9 lbs. I followed the regime perfectly, and never went into ketosis. My coach felt it was related to menopause, but realistic am I the only person that is post menopausal doing Ideal Protein. It cost me close to $450 to loose 9 lbs.
and I could float a boat with all the water I have consumed. I feel so lethargic and still have cravings, but no ketosis. Last week I did the boot camp, no restricted foods, and still only lost 1.4 lbs. My start out weight was 139.1 and yesterdays WI I was 130.2 lbs. So am hoping this last week will bump me back into the 120's but have lost all faith in the program - if any one has any alternative ideas, I would love to hear from you.

Last edited by Sister Kate; 03-08-2011 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Adding ticker scale
Old 03-08-2011, 08:17 AM   #3  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Good morning all. Here is to another 100% IP day.

Yesterday's and the start of todays thread seems to be filled with frustration, anger, disappointment and wanting to quit. I want to offer some words of encouragement to all of those who may fall in these situations. I know first hand this protocol works, I have seen it work wonders for my mother and father in law. My 2 sister in laws are doing this as well with great results.

This program really is no miracle. It does not work overnight as many of us did not get where we are overnight. This protocol takes dedication and the want from ourselves to change our ways and physical appearance. We have to dig down deep to resist the urge to say "screw it" and give up. It is not torture or punishment, this protocol, it is drastic change of how we were living and eating. Sure many "things" have been taken away from us but not for good. Everyone is having success on this plan, some slower than others, some faster than others. I do believe it greatly depends on the amount of starting weight to lose and being male or female. Those of us who have more to lose, it does seem to come off quickly. For those who do not have that much to lose, it is slower. I too am waiting for my weight loss to slow as I get closer to my goal each day.

We have to give our bodies time to adjust and relearn how to eat correctly. This is not a race, it is a marathon. Yes the IP protocol is expensive, but so is the "old" lifestyle we were living in more ways than just money. Many of us have children and want to enjoy them more than our "old" selves could. Some of us have grandchildren that we want to be healthy for and enjoy. The cost can be offset if you look into "alternative" products. Follow the same protocol just with different "packets". This method does work, but I will tell you it takes a bit more dedication on your part to follow.

I am 50+ pounds into this journey. I do not want to look back only keep on trucking to the finish line of a healthier me. Have I struggled, yes. Will I struggle again, yes. Might I gain a few pounds here or there later on, probably. But I know now how to counteract a bad day or a few bad days. I know how to eat better. I have motivation to not "screw" up and ruin what I have worked so hard for.

We can all do this. At times we will have to dig really deep to find the courage and will power to continue, we can all do it. Find support with your family, friends, coworkers and even strangers. Don't be ashamed you are on a diet or protocol. Be encouraged you are changing your life for the better. Who cares what we onced weighed, embrace what we are becoming and what we will look like after the marathon is over. Find your support, be it here, home, work, gym, moms group, church or whatever. Find support and do not do this alone.

I am not a great writer, but just wanted to share some thoughts. WE CAN ALL DO THIS! Some peoples marathon is longer than others, but we all have the same goal and finish line ahead of us. Please continue the journey to the new "US". This is life changing for the BEST.

Make a committment today and finish our marathon! Get closer to your goals and reevauluate those goals come time you are closer. Some may want to lose more, some may really say I am happy with where I am and don't need to lose that last 10 pounds. This is all a personal choice.

Together we can finsih. Have a great day and here is to 100% protocol!
Old 03-08-2011, 08:33 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 185/182/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post

Yesterday's and the start of todays thread seems to be filled with frustration, anger, disappointment and wanting to quit. I want to offer some words of encouragement to all of those who may fall in these situations. I know first hand this protocol works, I have seen it work wonders for my mother and father in law. My 2 sister in laws are doing this as well with great results.

This program really is no miracle. It does not work overnight as many of us did not get where we are overnight. This protocol takes dedication and the want from ourselves to change our ways and physical appearance. We have to dig down deep to resist the urge to say "screw it" and give up. It is not torture or punishment, this protocol, it is drastic change of how we were living and eating. Sure many "things" have been taken away from us but not for good. Everyone is having success on this plan, some slower than others, some faster than others. I do believe it greatly depends on the amount of starting weight to lose and being male or female. Those of us who have more to lose, it does seem to come off quickly. For those who do not have that much to lose, it is slower. I too am waiting for my weight loss to slow as I get closer to my goal each day.

We have to give our bodies time to adjust and relearn how to eat correctly. This is not a race, it is a marathon. Yes the IP protocol is expensive, but so is the "old" lifestyle we were living in more ways than just money. Many of us have children and want to enjoy them more than our "old" selves could. Some of us have grandchildren that we want to be healthy for and enjoy. The cost can be offset if you look into "alternative" products. Follow the same protocol just with different "packets". This method does work, but I will tell you it takes a bit more dedication on your part to follow.

I am 50+ pounds into this journey. I do not want to look back only keep on trucking to the finish line of a healthier me. Have I struggled, yes. Will I struggle again, yes. Might I gain a few pounds here or there later on, probably. But I know now how to counteract a bad day or a few bad days. I know how to eat better. I have motivation to not "screw" up and ruin what I have worked so hard for.

We can all do this. At times we will have to dig really deep to find the courage and will power to continue, we can all do it. Find support with your family, friends, coworkers and even strangers. Don't be ashamed you are on a diet or protocol. Be encouraged you are changing your life for the better. Who cares what we onced weighed, embrace what we are becoming and what we will look like after the marathon is over. Find your support, be it here, home, work, gym, moms group, church or whatever. Find support and do not do this alone.

I am not a great writer, but just wanted to share some thoughts. WE CAN ALL DO THIS! Some peoples marathon is longer than others, but we all have the same goal and finish line ahead of us. Please continue the journey to the new "US". This is life changing for the BEST.

Make a committment today and finish our marathon! Get closer to your goals and reevauluate those goals come time you are closer. Some may want to lose more, some may really say I am happy with where I am and don't need to lose that last 10 pounds. This is all a personal choice.

Well said!! That's exactly what I needed to hear this morning, after my slow couple of weeks. Thanks!!!
Old 03-08-2011, 08:46 AM   #5  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. This is an excellent post, I hope everyone will read it and think about it. It should be reposted often, so more people will catch it or filed in the forum for further refrenence.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:46 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Quote:

What a great post, thank you for that this morning!
Old 03-08-2011, 09:04 AM   #7  
Slowly Shrinking!

S/C/G: Size 18/Size 18/Size 12

Height: 5'8

Default Wi #2

Thanks Juiceman! Very motivating.

I had my second WI last night and was down 5 lbs for a total of 11. I'm pretty pleased that the scale agrees with all my pants! I know I'm losing inches and feeling great, so it was a very positive reinforcement to see a good loss even after a two day work conference.

Have a great day everybody!
Old 03-08-2011, 09:13 AM   #8  
Started IP on 1/3/2011

S/C/G: 308/308/150

Height: 5' 2"

Juiceman - wasnt going to quote you since if too many people do it I am sure it will block up the thread - but I wanted to say thank you for the motivating and inspiring comments this morning. All the weight we have added to ourselves did not happen over night and weight loss will not happen over night either. One day at a time.

I call my IP life style my Journey....When folks say "Wow Ally you look so beautiful", or "Ally how much have you lost?" I just say thank you and that I am enjoying my Journey. I have even been blogging it so I do not forget the experience I am having.

Hoping for a "whoosh" week! Trying to keep it very low carb this week and hoping for some good results on Friday's WI...Need the whoosh fairy to sprinkle me with weight loss dust this week....lol.

I hope everyone has a great day and I can not wait for todays weight losses and NSV's to be posted during the day.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:24 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 164.6/138.5/135

Height: 5'7"

Juiceman: Thank you! All you have said is true and an inspiration! I had some discouragement here and there but it's important to come back on track if you really want to do this!

And WE ALL CAN DO THIS! One day at the time.. and a lot of reading on 3FC always keeps me motivating thanks to all of you!
Old 03-08-2011, 09:24 AM   #10  

Height: 5'2"

Awesome post Juiceman!! Your post got me thinking - I know I come here when I'm feeling down and needing support. I read through old threads and checkout progress photos but what if we had a motivation thread? Somewhere we can post these types of pep talks, inspirational quotes that we look to, reasons to continue etc.

Being a newbie - I thought I'd check and see if any one knows if there is one of these already, I've read of lot of the old threads but have not come across one.

Thoughts?
Old 03-08-2011, 09:35 AM   #11  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
Thanks Juiceman! Very motivating.

I had my second WI last night and was down 5 lbs for a total of 11. I'm pretty pleased that the scale agrees with all my pants! I know I'm losing inches and feeling great, so it was a very positive reinforcement to see a good loss even after a two day work conference.

Have a great day everybody!
Great job! Another 5 lbs gone for good. You are doing great, keep at it!
Old 03-08-2011, 09:39 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 162/132/130

Height: 5'3"

Juiceman - thanks for the positive post. I think everyone needs to realize this is a journey - not a quick fix. There will be obstacles along the way. Just as there is in everyday life. I think everyone struggles at some point in time - we just need to learn to manage them - and continue on. Thanks again!
Old 03-08-2011, 10:19 AM   #13  

S/C/G: HW255/IP223/ticker/GW160

Height: 5'6"

good morning everyone! it's fat tuesday here in cajun country...the last day to binge before lent starts. and i wonder why i'm fat when i've grown up in a culture like this. lol

i'm counting down the hours until i'm in onederland. cant wait!!! this is the first real diet that has ever worked for me. it is true what juiceman said...if you just stick to it, it will work!
Old 03-08-2011, 11:11 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

good morning everyone! I remember someone asking if they knew the nutritional facts for the apple and cinnamon soy puffs, well here it is.

CALORIES 150
FAT 5g
saturated 0g,trans 0g
CHOLESTEROL 0mg
SODIUM 140mg
POTASSIUM 150mg
CARBOHYDRATE 15g
FIBRE 0g
SUGARS 5g
PORTEIN 15g
VITAMIN A 0%, VITAMINS C 2%, CALCIUM 30%, IRON 15%

Hope this is the right place to put it!
Old 03-08-2011, 11:15 AM   #15  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

thanks [B]juiceman[B], I really appreciate your post.
I thought about my frustration with my weight loss right now (or lack thereof) and I had the opportunity to go off plan last night and chose not to. So again I will say I will remain OP for today and tomorrow when I wake up I will say I will remain OP for today and so on.
Have a great day everyone
Closed Thread