View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 11:25 PM   #101
maryea

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrosey49 View Post
Hi everyone..another sunny day..i had aphone interview from dr todds office..im abit late on my lab work but that becuz while my dh is healing im stuck here..anyways i had a nice conversation as to why im not loosing faster or more,the nurse reassured me that im doing fine,just watch the carbs, she made me feel better..i have this horrible fear of failure after going to such drastic steps..Bobbie sry you had another headache hope its better..zoe you are going to luv retirement..Karen31 am so sry about your son.it must be frustrating and hurtful interesting conversation about what others eat.im going to googel it so i can see what youall are talking about..jess have u heard from your friend who had the surg? hoping your day is going well everyone,stress free and following your food plans..im making meatballs and spaghetti for supper tonite my dh fav i love to spoil him..i'll save a few meatballs and salad for me and he gets the sauce and noodles and salad..im so craving something oeey and gooey like a double choc chip muffin heated in the micro then topped with ice cream and drizzeled with choc suace yup been there ate that no wonder im so round..im drooling on that note ttfn for all rosey
Rosey - bless your heart. I think you are doing wonderful. Not sure I could do nearly so well. Can you eat any carbs...I mean like whole grain or can you only eat vegetable and fruit carbs? I love the fact that you love to spoil your hubby cause I'm that way too. I have a good man and still feel so privilegedthat he chose ME to share his life. Good idea to have the meatballs with a salad instead of the spaghetti...not sure I'd have thought of that. I am also drooling over your description of the cooking ...uh, oh...again, you have taught me something to say to myself when tempted...been there, ate that, no wonder I'm so round. I'll try to remember that.

At our dd's house she had a little box of chocolate kisses out ...probably leftover from Christmas. She and her dh eat mostly healthy and have no weight/food issues, so no problem for them. But I sat there staring at the candy and wanting them SO badly! I did eat a few and determined I would stop and buy some when I got to a store. I esp wanted the cherry kind, but so far have not found any. Maybe just a holiday thing? Today I was at the commissary and they didn't have the cherry ones but I was REALLY tempted to buy the regular kind, but I reminded myself all I would do is gulp them all down and then regret it both for my weight and also for my bs. And I managed to get out the door without buying them, thank God! I can't say for sure but I THINK I would have done the same if they had been the cherry ones. Every day's a challenge but I love it it when I do triumph now and then!