Old 02-27-2011, 09:21 AM   #1  
Amanda

S/C/G: 240/236/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Any Tae Bo ppl out there?

I have quickly become a fan of Billy Blanks Tae Bo Amped workouts and would love to have some daily tae bo accountability
jasmtnljj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 04:11 PM   #2  
Big Miss Sunshine

S/C/G: 280/See Ticker/175

Height: 72.5"

DH and I got out the old Tae Bo tapes the other night. I used to love doing tham but I have a bad back now and I'm not in good enough shape to do the kicks! As soon as I am able I will certainly join you - I've always thought Tae Bo was a fun workout.

Even more fun is sitting there watching my two-left-feet got-no-rhythm hubby doing those moves! Looked like he was trying to stamp out a camp fire. Poor guy. And he actually boxed in college.
MissKoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 04:36 PM   #3  
Finally Happy :)

S/C/G: 175|113|125

Height: 5'4

i love tae bo. as a matter of fact mostly all my progress is from tae bo. i love it so much that i give it EVERYTHING i have everytime i put the dvd in.. now im doing turbofire which is just like taebo except better music, and you dont stop to catch your breath
Ashley89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:13 PM   #4  
Finding the Real Me

S/C/G: 303/270/150

Height: 5'6"

I love Taebo. I lost 50 lbs last year doing that as well as Biggest Loser Cardio Max and eating better. Then I had a knee injury and halted my progress for a little bit. Just got back into the swing of things a few weeks ago. Sad thing is youtube took down taebo last week. I have the videos at home but find time to work out at work so needless to say it's been missed. RIP Youtube Taebo
lionessavv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:40 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 221/Ticker/165

Height: 5' 8"

Cool Tae Bo 4 Me 2!

Hi all, I love Tae Bo and used it a lot last year on my initial trek to lose weight and become healthy. I am doing Chalean Extreme right now, but am going to add some Tae Bo for extra Cardio. I have tons of Billy Blanks Tae Bo DVD's, including Bootcamp Elite, Amped and T3........................would love to follow with you guys too...... And I also do belly dancing..........
thenewjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:08 AM   #6  

Default Hello Out There

Where did everyone go???? It's nice to have someone with interests in the same thing to chat with. It's pretty lonely here, LOL......
Old 03-15-2011, 10:18 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 280/172/170

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

I sometimes do Tae Bo dvds! I don't have all of them, have wanted the amp series for a while.
But I have the boot camp ones, all of them, and those bands. I found them at a thrift shop for only $20! I was soooo happy that day!! Most of them were new and the receipt was still in the box...over $70 or so for that collection I think! I felt like I was stealing, lol
It also had a paper on a diet outline (which I did not use) and a routine/schedule of the workouts for 3-4 weeks. So, I followed that the entire month...I don't think I lost "weight" on the scale, but I felt like my arms and shoulders became more defined...
Dagny18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:32 AM   #8  

Know what you mean. I find that Tae Bo is sooooo addictive. I think I have almost all of his, LOL. I have them listed on my Blog too. I love Tae Bo for toning and as you said, you can notice some definition when doing it. I was doing some form of it everyday for about 3 mths then started changing things up cause I seemed to be at a plateau.....and then christmas fat, LOL......here we go, trying again.........................I am not giving up
Old 03-15-2011, 10:40 AM   #9  

Yea, I change it up because it gets repetitive.
Right now I seem to be rotating Bob's Workouts (cardio and strength) a step dvd for cardio, and Jillian's Kettlebell dvd and her 6 week 6 pack for an "active" rest day. But, I did throw in a Tae Bo dvd last week to change it up.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:12 PM   #10  

Right now I am doing Chalean Extreme, throwing in a Tae Bo Cardio when I can along with my belly dancing. Sometimes not enough time in the day, LOL Plus I do a bit on the elliptical in the morning before work. Seems like you can never do enough,
Old 03-15-2011, 09:51 PM   #11  

I don't have the Chalean ones I have heard of them though....but can't find them in Walmart and can't buy online...
I look for them at yard sales and thrift shops though =D
Old 03-16-2011, 10:24 AM   #12  

You can get them on the beachbody site or her own I think. I don't know about ebay. They are pretty expensive to buy outright, I know that much. They are also an intense workout with the weights so instead of building up my single free weights collection I got a set at walmart that you can dial in the weight like the bow flex ones but for half the cost. I love them they are the cats meow.....................

Last edited by thenewjan; 03-16-2011 at 10:26 AM.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:56 PM   #13  

Yeah but I don't have/want credit/debit cards...:/
Plus, yes there is the price...I usually buy the dvds that are only $9 @ Walmart or less than that at yard sales
I think the most I paid for dvds was maybe $20 and that was either Billy Blanks Tae Bo Celebrity Sculpt/Cardio (2 dvds) or a walk away the pounds (the 5 mile walk) that I found at a mall.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:58 AM   #14  

Cool

Well you know, you don't need the expensive stuff to get to your goal....anything that you are consistant with will work.......consistency, thats the key..

So I see from your weight tracker on the side there that you have already lost quite a bit of weight...

How did you do it, please tell your secret, LOL. I would love to be where you are...................
Old 03-17-2011, 04:58 PM   #15  

No, you don't need the expensive stuff to succeed! I've found most of my dvds at yard sales or thrift shops!
That is what I do for exercise. I can't afford a gym...I buy what I really needed from walmart and also pick up things at second hand places.
Like, my weights are new (I have 5, 8 and 10 pounders) and a 10 and 15 pound kettlebell...umm they got expensive so I haven't gotten any new of those yet.
I found it good to buy a set of bands (3 bands) for less than $15 at walmart
We had a step machine since I was a kid, may have paid $20 or less for it
I bought a stationary bike at a thrift shop for $10
I found lots of dvds at thrift shops or cheap places. My mom found me Power 90! Not p90x but still good. only $3
I found the Billy Blanks Boot camp w/ bands at a thrift shop for under $25
Other dvds I picked up at walmart but only under $10...like WATP, Jillian dvds, Jackie Warner dvds, Biggest Loser dvds ect. But I buy one maybe every other month...only when one new comes out that I want

That is exercise, but eating is important too. When I started I didn't know about this website but I found sparkpeople first and I spent most of my time there. It is sooo helpful to track your calories there...they tell you how much to eat! and its free!! woo hoo!
I pretty much try to eat healthy, more whole foods than before. Like....oatmeal, skim milk and raisins for breakfast, maybe kashi if I am feeling bored of that; I like tuna sandwiches for lunch, or stiry fry like broccoli & shrimp, or a soup. Snacks are usually greek yogurts, fruits, nuts, or maybe a protein bar. Dinner is always different usually. My mom cooks but if my family is eating something I don't like, I will have like a lean cuisine. But usually my mom makes something like a healthy protein and there will be veggies ect. and that is good
sometimes I do eat food that isn't umm...healthy lol but that is ok. I am not perfect and its a lifestyle and one day or meal won't ruin it you know? Usually I will just pick a day and have something that I've really been craving all week like a favorite cookie or candy bar, or ice cream ect.
I used to buy into all the diet foods like the yoplait light yogurts or special K chip/crackers or bars...but not so much anymore. They don't taste good and I'd rather have a small portion of the real thing and really be satisfied, you know? Kashi is a good product though...
Oh, and I don't see food or exercise as punishment. Food and calories aren't just what makes me fat or something I have to reduce..food is fuel. It makes my body healthy. The calcium keeps my bones healthy. The fats keep my skin, hair and nails healthy. Veggies/fruits have anti-oxidents and vitamins ect. and so we NEED food!
Also, exercise isn't a punishment either. It is a way to get stronger to live life. I want to be fit enough that if a guy asks me to go for a walk with him, that I will be able to keep up! Same with riding a bike, or playing basket ball with friends...
Make sense?