View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 10:46 AM   #5
4star
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

Height: 5'9"

Well they say you can get a the blues after after kidney donation, much like childbirth. It's a happy time but there is still physical strain and expectations/limitations to manage. A bout of blues is common after surgery too. I did gain some weight with all of my surgeries. It's what happens when an otherwise active person is forced to stay at rest. You may also be retaining water. Are you through your post-op appts? Have you been released from your doctor's supervision? I would talk to them about feeling "wrecked". You might have become deficient in something with all your body has been through.

I am going to be very honest here. You have done a wonderful thing for him but you made a huge sacrifice of yourself. PLEASE, spend time feeling bad about the few pounds you've gained. It will go away when you're back on your feet. It's more important right now that your recovery doesn't suffer. You're barely a month out from a major surgical procedure. Your body will take some time to adjust.

Calorie counting gave me a method to fix the madness.

A high protein, moderate carb balance gives me control over cravings.
4star is offline   Reply With Quote