Old 03-04-2011, 10:13 PM   #1  
gym bunny

S/C/G: 210/168/140

Height: 5ft 6

Default why wont my butt fit?

I know that going by clothing size is crazy, since it varies so wildly from store to store, I know this. But I dont understand how I can be 30 pounds lighter, and get jeans from the same store, and these jeans be tighter than jeans I owned at the same size. is it not even standard across brands? my old 15s are very big, but when I try on the new pants, they are too tight. The cut is the same, so I dont get it? Is this reverse vanity sizing?
nickyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 10:39 PM   #2  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

They may have changed their reference for sizing in the time between you buying the same brand pants.

Just get the size that fits you and don't stress out about whatever number they call it.

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 11:23 PM   #3  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 227/208/140

Height: 5'6

sometimes pants can get worn out after wearing them so when they get worn in they get stretched out a bit, but what astrophe had said is probably true many stores are making their clothes much smaller now. IMO I think it's to encourage people to become smaller, like the media and fashion magazines often do. this is my own opinion so it does not mean I am actually correct.
Lrn932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 11:41 PM   #4  
slim endgame

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

I have the same problem too. I try to not worry about it but I have several new pairs of jeans in my closet I'm just waiting to get to wear. I found 2 brand new pairs of jeans at the thrift store and brought them home- same size- same brand- one darker blue than the other. One was really tight, one was modertly tight??
They are really cute but I just can't wear jeans unless I am completely comfortable in them. I have a very curvy body. I'm one of those people who have to buy jeans big enough to get up and zip and button. And then they are so big they stick out in the back. I have found some brands of jeans that do fit my curves better. I mostly wear 18's and a few 16's. Most women I know that are my weight are already in 14's and 12's even.
goal4agirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 10:28 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/132

Height: 5' 3.5"

I have weird jeans issues too. The waist is always loose, the thighs always tight. Then a friend turned me on to a brand of jeans that are made for women who are built like women and not teen-age boys

Google "PZI Jeans". They aren't cheap, but jeans that actually fit and will last a while are totally worth it IMO.
Pacifica Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 10:50 AM   #6  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Jeans that fit/are totally comfortable are pretty much impossible for me to find.

My "I'm at goal" gift to myself is going to be custom made jeans from here: http://www.indicustom.com

They are 167.00, but when I first wanted them years ago when 'dieting' They were 150.00. I was pretty much 300 lbs, so I think I"ll buy buyself two different pairs to celebrate. That'll be just over 300.00$ ha. I'm ridiculous.

This is one style I want:

Last edited by lottie63; 03-05-2011 at 10:51 AM.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 12:10 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 305 / ticker / 175

Height: 5' 10"

I had the same problem. I just had to cave and buy myself a pair of jeans because the one pair I still had that fit, finally wore through in the thigh and I had holes in them that were too big to hide. So I went back to the store to buy the same jeans, thinking I could try the next size down because these had been getting looser as I'd been losing weight. Well the next size down was still way too small. So I got the same exact jeans.. same size I had been wearing. They didn't fit either!

I ended up, at 20 pounds lighter, having lost 11.5 inches, actually having to buy pants the next size larger just to get them to fit! WTF?

I needed the jeans, so I bought them. And as I wear them, I'm noticing that they fit on my hips, but are getting saggy in my butt and gapping at the waist, which frustrates me. These don't fit, but the size smaller, I can't even get over my hips. My butt is still so big that to get it to fit over my butt, it gaps at the waist, but then with the shape of my butt, I fill out the top half, but not the bottom half, so that sags.

These are not flattering on me anymore. The same jeans I had been wearing for over a year. They just don't fit right on me anymore. I think I'm going to have to find a new brand/style to wear... and jeans shopping is my least favorite kind of shopping.

I cannot WAIT to be able to walk into a store, grab a pair of pants off the rack and slide them on and have them fit without having to do anything special.

to you! I feel your pain!

I bet jeans companies are making things smaller to save money - but still market them as plus size to get the extra price when they sell them. It's a damn conspiracy!
sabrinalecompte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 12:15 PM   #8  
unabashed

Have any of you tried the new right fit line? They changed it, and it seems way better than it was when they were doing that weird 1-9 vanity sizing.

There's a review of them on my blog:

40% off at lane bryant today and tomorrow (entire store!) might be buying a pair today!

http://beyondwillpower.blogspot.com/...ne-review.html
Old 03-05-2011, 01:54 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 335/313.6

Height: 5'4

a few years back i bought 2 sweaters at the same time, same design just different colors, same company, same stinkin store, sitting next to each other on the rack..i only tried one on in the store...oh it fits....yeah the other one didn't fit...what the heck!!!

yeah i was in lane bryant a few weeks ago. and saw they redid their sizings..at that point i didn't have much energy...i tried on a 28 yellow...ummm lol...yeah that wasn't happening.or maybe it was a 30 yellow even...i was looking for something around 26-28 red or blue...and couldn't find it...ended up getting a pair of skinny jeans 28 that wasn't right fit...but i love them so much
i loved the old right fit, i was just glad to find jeans in my size...the way it was they had to order them off the website and ship them to myhouse. 28 blue petite....yeah now thats an odd size!!!!they screwed up and sent me yellow one time, and wanted me to pay for the shipping..even though it was their workers that had ordered it in the store...oh well... i also can wear 8 red or maybe 7 red...i have always been a baggy clothes type person...so who knows what my size is...i sure don't

nice blog by the way lottie...think im going to go back and read more
reptogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 02:02 PM   #10  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Okay, this was just my experience --

I discovered that I was stretching out my jeans. For example, I might be buying a 24 but by the time I had worn them for a few months, i had stretched them out to a 28. So even when I washed them, they were still much bigger than when I bought them. When I lost weight and I would walk into the store to buy a 24 again -- they were absolutely smaller than the pair I was currently wearing.

I don't know! I might just be me!
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 03:28 PM   #11  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddess Jessica View Post
Okay, this was just my experience --

I discovered that I was stretching out my jeans. For example, I might be buying a 24 but by the time I had worn them for a few months, i had stretched them out to a 28. So even when I washed them, they were still much bigger than when I bought them. When I lost weight and I would walk into the store to buy a 24 again -- they were absolutely smaller than the pair I was currently wearing.

I don't know! I might just be me!
This! I was going to say almost this exact thing. I'd bought a pair of 24s at a Maurice's here a couple months ago, and they were just getting way too saggy. Even with a fresh wash, they were noticeably loose. So, thinking "Hey, I've lost about 15-20 lbs since I bought them, maybe I need to get the next size or two down...", I went into the store the other day, fully expecting to have to get a smaller size.

Nope. Unfortunately, I'm still fitting into their 24s when they're new. I could at least put on a 22 now, but it was too snug for sitting comfortably. Like Jessica said, I think I just stretched out my old 24s to about a 28 as well, because I do a lot of bending and lifting where I work. I can literally pull them off of me without undoing any buttons or zippers; it's kind of ridiculous. I think they just get worn out fast there. I was actually thinking of buying their next size down and "wearing them in" to be a proper fit, since they get so loose so fast. Seems silly to have to do that, though. I want some quality material! It's a shame the town I live in doesn't have a lot of options to shop from, so I'm kind of stuck with Maurice's at the moment.

Last edited by opheliaphoenix; 03-05-2011 at 03:30 PM.
opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 02:45 AM   #12  
gym bunny

S/C/G: 210/168/140

Height: 5ft 6

All of what you guys said made sense. I went back and measured them against each other, they seem to be the exact cut and size, but the front seems to allow for more belly space. I dont know, maybe I was wearing the wrong size all along, made them bigger, and now its my right size, but seems tighter. Its still fustrating, to say the least.
nickyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 09:30 AM   #13  
unabashed

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptogirl View Post
nice blog by the way lottie...think im going to go back and read more
Thanks!

I'm having a good time with it.
Old 03-06-2011, 01:48 PM   #14  
Krissi

S/C/G: 240/174/145

Height: 5'8''

I also have to agree with Goddess Jessica. My pants are way too big on me, even freshly washed and dried, but when I went to buy new pants, the exact same size was rather snug. I've been in them for months, so I think I've just stretched them out. Stores do change their sizing at times though too, so that's also possible.
theskinnychickinside is offline   Reply With Quote