View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 03:43 PM   #63
Karen3

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Good afternoon...all social obligatons are now done. Amen! The lunch was really good and they ate well. They eat their main meal at 12N. Have enough leftover for a couple of lovely omlettes or fiatattas. MOstly I want a martini....no 2 martiniis....maybe 3. Since am a cheap drunk 3 will put me out for 3 days.

The biscuits forgot to rise and i flew downtown for loaf of good bread. They ate the whole loaf. The tarts and even the toll house cookies are gone, too. So except for the martini I'm OP. Old time friends are nice to have.

DH and I stopped in to see Pete while on our first date back in 1957. Dh and I have known each other since I was born. He and I share a birthday. My Dad delivered us both 3 years apart. I was 17 when we started to date. We were laughing today about how young we all were. And how much we thought we knew. DH and I got older but Pete's the same....not fair.

Hope you all are having a pretty weekend cause it is beautiful here. We ate out on the lania and just now the sun is starting to cross the table. The roll up blinds died last summer.....got to look for some new ones. Love that disfused light they give....seen those mesh ones but must be expensive...hard to put something out that will be in the weather. The roll ups were less than$10 each...need 5!

I tried another prepared meat dish from the butcher...this was pork loin florentine. It was long strip of pork with spinach and parm cheese rolled into a pinwheel. Bake at 400 for 40 minutes. Excellent. Easy. Portion wee bit over sized but still okay. Great way to try new things....cook in tray comes in so not pan to wash, toss steamer vegies in microwave...so easy! Think am retiring a chef!!!!!!!

The sun must be over the yardarm some where....where's my martini?????karen3