Old 03-03-2011, 08:06 AM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #251 Bale of Turtles Welcoming March!

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 08:07 AM   #2  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
I started this new thread because we had gotten long. I want you to know that Terri posted a wonderful weight loss on the last thread. Yay! :

Yesterday was a good day. I am tracking very carefully and trying not to "grab" a bite as I walk through the kitchen.

Here's to a good day for everyone.
Judy
234.6/191.4/180's and thinner

Last edited by Itryharder; 03-03-2011 at 08:09 AM.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:18 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good morning all and a very happy Thursday to everyone! Another sunny day here, chilly but not too bad at all, they are calling for very wet weather to start tomorrow, ugh, but there is no stopping mother nature so we will just roll with it. Basement is dried out for the most part and only the carpet had to be thrown out so we are happy.

Yesterday I took the stairs at least three times, stopped counting after that LOL, and walked the halls and stayed within my daily points... things are looking up! I will continue to working on ME and getting to where I want to go. I have finished a few knitting projects, made a darling beenie hat for the grandbaby, and a couple of others. The knitting keeps my hands busy because you can't eat and knit at the same time... LOL.

The grandbaby is sweet and wonderful and I am loving being a grammy!

Bandit: How are you... how is your ex? I hope and pray for the very best outcome for him and your family. How is the new TOPS chapter working out so far? I may volunteer for the secretary position at ours but nothing else... I need to draw the line somewhere.

Judy: How are you feeling lately? Are the hives going down any? You sure sound happy and busy! The boardwalk will be hopping here in the next couple of months!

Loopy: You sound like you are doing really well and have a pretty clear path forward, that is half the battle!

Life: Good luck for a positive W/I and a wonderful week!

Lizzie: Back to work! Ugh, well at least you had some really productive time while you were off. Have a great visit with your family! I took the dogs to the park on Tuesday after work, they about pulled my arms off trying to sniff everything and run everywhere... ugh, but they had fun!

Terri: Any big plans for the weekend?

Cherry: How are you doing?

I sure hope I did not forget anyone... it hard when we start a new thread because I cant look back at everyones recent posts to refresh my memory... LOL.

Have a great day all!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:44 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/204/155

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning Turtles - another beautiful morning in Colorado - supposed to get colder and maybe some snow this afternoon.

Yesterday I played with the WW online tools and got much more comfortable with using them for tracking points. I'm still figuring out the recipe builder. Maybe I'm not putting in enough ingredients, but I can't get many recipes as yet.

I've been cleaning out the pantry & freezer - today I plan on a big grocery trip to stock up on lots of healthy foods. Also need to stock with easy items for my hubby while I am out of town next week.

Will get the girls to the doggy park this afternoon as we all enjoy the exercise & fresh air.

Have a great day!

Lizzie
FetchLizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:52 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles:

Congrats to all of you who lost weight this week!

I have my weigh in tonight & we have elections at our chapter as well.

The operation for my ex was disappointing. When they cut him open they noticed his appendix was abnormal & had to remove it which leaves hole in bowel which has to heal before they do the bypass which is about a month.
So in a month he has to go through this again. So not nice seeing his abdomen & legs are already cut. And they couldn 't do both, since if there is leakage from the bowel then is too dangerous for other surgery.

Sunny but cold up here & we are suppose to get same weather as Princess,
very wet coming up.

Have a good day, everyone.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:15 PM   #6  

Bandit: Very sorry to hear the news about your ex... I sure hope the next time is better... Good luck tonight! I am not holding out a lot of hope for my W/I but I am getting better and on a good path right now so I will just put one foot infront of the other. Take care of you!
Old 03-03-2011, 02:51 PM   #7  
Crazy Avon Lady!

S/C/G: See tracker in signature

Hi all! Down another 0.4 pounds at weigh-in last night. I feel good about this, because I'd been losing an awful lot (2+ pounds per week) and I feel safer if it's slower. I haven't changed how I follow the WW program. I still eat my 32 points and no allowance/activity. I'd rather have it be slow and steady so that it will be a lasting change in my life. I think that my body is finally adjusting to getting less fuel.

Went today for my annual lupus-related blood testing. This is an illness which can attack any organ, joint, muscle, or soft tissue in the body. So the blood tests are a doozy. Anywhere from 14-17 vials, depending on which lab I go to. I've been feeling quite excellent, and decided to go at lunchtime, then get back to my desk and eat lunch.

I've never had this problem before, but I almost fainted when I stood up in the lab after the blood draw. I'm not afraid of the sight of blood (heck, when I was in EMT classes, I practiced IV insertion on my OWN arms!) so I guess that it was just too much, too fast.

Anyways, my lunch was sitting on my desk two miles away (bad planning on my part), and they weren't letting me out till I ate something. They went next door to the newsstand and got me a Zagnut bar. I'd noticed a few days ago that Zagnuts are a fairly low-point candy because they have more protein and even a gram or two of fiber. Also, they're not chocolate, which is a trigger-y food for me sometimes.

So I was sitting in the lobby of the blood lab, entering the nutrition info into my calculator (6 points for a full-size bar, by the way), and it suddenly occurred to me that all foods are exactly the same thing: a combination of protein, carbs, fat, and fiber. There's nothing to be frightened of when choosing food. Every food on earth can be reduced to two measurements: (1) its Points value, and (2) whether it fits the Power Foods and Good Health Guidelines.

This was a very liberating realization (or maybe I was still just dizzy from blood loss!). I simply wrote down the Zagnut, rejiggered the rest of my food plan for today so that all the Good Health Guidelines are still being met, put my sandwich back into the refrigerator for tomorrow, and ate my popcorn, grapes, and banana.

I still intend to carry my meals with me whenever possible, because that's the way to make the healthiest choices. But I feel more comfortable inside my identity as a Weight Watchers member today.

And holey moley, was that Zagnut ever delicious! Wrote myself a note to see if they come in snack size bars.
AuntLoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:16 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Hey All TGIF!

Sounds like everyone is in a "Weight Watching" kind of mood this week! Staying on track with only a few bumps in the road.

Judy Thanks for mentioning me! I need all the encouragment (accountability too) I can get!!!

Princess no big plans here for the weekend, try to get some excercise, family dinner Sunday, the usual house stuff! Husband is still on his 7 day work week, this is what happens when you are self employed! Few things coming up he will take time off so thats fine.

Well happy Friday, glad the turtles are keepin on, Feeling good and I know we can do this!!!!

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 08:19 AM   #9  

Morning all! I'm with Terri, TGIF!

Hoping today goes fast, have lots to do both here and at home. They are calling for very bad rains to come thru here, it has started already, just hoping that the worst holds off till I can get home. It is not even Spring yet but the flooding has started so that keeps my stress high but will do what I can to avoid the damage and the stress that the rains bring.

Well, I was down .8 yesterday at W/I, I was happy with that since my scale said that I had lost nothing. Like Bandit we had our elections last night, I was voted in as the Chapter Secretary, I don't know much about the position other than you take the meeting notes, etc but will do the very best that I can. To be honest I was glad that we had the elections, the currect leader group, while very good, was tired and burned out I think so maybe it will do us all good to have some new leaders - we will just have to wait and see.

We had plans for this weekend for DH birthday but with the storms and some other things popping up they have kind of gone away now so it looks like we will have our normal weekend with a family dinner and cake with presents on Sunday for DH.

Terri: I know how you feel, while not self employed my DH is working two jobs right now - we are trying to start our remodel the kitchen fund so he is pulling the extra hours which helps but will wear him down quickly since neither one of us is in the shape that we used to be Have a great weekend!

Loopy: Wow! Scary about the fainting! I have fainted once from a blood draw but was pretty sick when they did it, the being very ill and them taking so much blood did the trick and over I went. Take care of you! Hope you have a wonderful and fullfilling weekend!

Bandit: How did you do last night? Any change for your ex? I hope your daughter is doing ok thru all of this, it has to be hard for her and for you.

Lizzie: I love the online tools, they help a lot, I just don't use them like I should... LOL

All: Still working on getting my mojo back, it is coming, slow but sure. Still taking the steps and that is really helping, sounds nuts but it is improving so many things! Will keep at it and make my big grocery run this weekend so will stock up on the good stuff.

Have to run!
Old 03-04-2011, 08:20 AM   #10  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Is it just me, or did this week fly faster than usual? Holy Moley!!!!

Princess, it's so comforting to me to hear that you've got yourself back on track with walking the stairs (five flights????) and keeping your food inside the track range. Yay! We can all do this and you're a champ.

Lizzie,
good to hear you're stocking up with healthy foods. It makes life so much more manageable when you need to *grab* something and the only items to grab are healthy and low point. Yay!

Bandit, what a sorry thing to happen to your ex. It takes so much gearing up to have a big surgery-----and to have it stifled in the middle the way he did is really miserable. So sorry. Here's : that he heals quickly and the future surgery works out really well.

Loopy, congrats on the .4# down! : YOu're dong great. I think your Zagnut bar experience is wonderful. Weight Watchers keeps on stressing that it is a lifestyle change, not a diet and you were in a situation where you proved that! Yay for increasing your comfort level and all your inspiring writing.

Terri,
Congrats again on your great weight loss. : You're well on your way to reaching goal. Heading in the right direction!!!

Things are going well with me. My hives are about the same, but I've got a mental image that they will disappear as I near the one year mark. I've had this happen before and that's the longest time my hives have ever stuck around. So, please keep sending me : that they'll leave sooner than later. I've been planning my meals daily and sending them to a buddy. I know I mentioned that before. My dh suggested I also do a quick calorie count along with the points plus because he thinks I may be eating too many zero points plus foods-----I think he's right and I've tried that. It has had a benefit that I really think before I eat anything and that has to pay off. Really cold here again, so boardwalk is out, but I made time for the yesterday and that was good.

Keep on keepin' on!!!!!
Take care. Be well and happy.
Judy
234.6/191.4/180's and thinner!!!!!
Old 03-04-2011, 08:24 AM   #11  
Chick

Princess, you and I posted at the same time. Here's : for being down .8# That's great and a step in the right direction. Congrats on being the new secretary for your TOPS group. And here's a for getting through the floods and rain. to dh. Have a good time.

Everybody----have a wonderful weekend!
Judy

Last edited by Itryharder; 03-04-2011 at 08:24 AM.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:10 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Hope everyone is doing well. This is just a quick run through before I leave to go to my evening clients house. Today has been pretty good so far. For some reason I am just really hungry today. Well I mostly want a lot of meat today for some strange reason. Everything is good here. We are suppose to get storms this weekend so I will see how that goes. Have a good evening.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 02:57 PM   #13  
Chick

Life4evr, every time I get really hungry and stay on track, I lose that week. I hope the same happens to you because that drop on the scale is a very good feeling!

Hey, here's something a WW friend made for me----delicious. For a stuffed pepper instead of using rice to bulk up the meat, she used sauteed onions and mushrooms----I taste some tomato sauce and cinnamon in there too. Just a thought. Have a great day!
Judy
Old 03-04-2011, 03:06 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 204/204/155

Height: 5'7"

Afternoon Turtles -

well the weatherman was right! It is cold & rainy - trying to turn to snow. I'm getting some exercise & getting my to-do list done at the same time by doing some major cleaning & re-organizing in my house. As I leave Monday - I'm trying to finish the list by then come home to a clean organized house!

I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend! Hoping our weather clears up and I can get outside & move!

Lizzie
FetchLizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 09:59 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Morning everyone. I woke up with a sinus headache, backache, and feeling bloated. I think all the temperature swings have finally gotten to me. So today was weigh-in I am up 0.7# which I thought it was going to be worse than that. Hope everyone has a good day.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote