Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 07:21 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default IP Daily Chat - 3 March 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

It's almost Friday...

To see what you missed yesterday: Wednesday, 2 March 2011

Last edited by EatAnts; 03-04-2011 at 06:17 AM.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:41 AM   #2  
CBG

S/C/G: 196/163/160

Morning Everyone..not too often one of us from out west gets a chance to post first. The weather is finally moderating a bit - 22C feels almost balmy this morning when I went out to do my chores! It is March and most of the snow on the ground should start to disappear...but we ended up with more the last few days. Almost like Mother Nature forgot to pay her heating bill...hard to figure we have issues with global warming with the winter we have had. Hope you all have a terrific IP kinda day.

Last edited by CBG; 03-03-2011 at 07:42 AM.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:10 AM   #3  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Good morning ALL! Here is to another wonderful IP protocol day. Had my first WI after switching to alternate products and I must say I am pleased, lost 9.8#'s! I probably will not do measurements from here on out and just track my weight.

Hope all of us have a wonderful day! WE CAN DO THIS!
Old 03-03-2011, 08:17 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Cucumbers: who knew ? huh:
Health Benefits

The flesh of cucumbers is primarily composed of water but also contains ascorbic acid (vitamin C) and caffeic acid, both of which help soothe skin irritations and reduce swelling. Cucumbers'hard skin is rich in fiber and contains a variety of beneficial minerals including silica, potassium and magnesium.

A Radiant Complexion

The silica in cucumber is an essential component of healthy connective tissue, which includes muscles, tendons, ligaments, cartilage, and bone. Cucumber juice is often recommended as a source of silica to improve the complexion and health of the skin, plus cucumber's high water content makes it naturally hydrating—a must for glowing skin. Cucumbers are also used topically for various types of skin problems, including swelling under the eyes and sunburn. Two compounds in cucumbers, ascorbic acid and caffeic acid, prevent water retention, which may explain why cucumbers applied topically are often helpful for swollen eyes, burns and dermatitis.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:50 AM   #5  
Sandy

S/C/G: 188/154/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
Health Benefits

The flesh of cucumbers is primarily composed of water but also contains ascorbic acid (vitamin C) and caffeic acid, both of which help soothe skin irritations and reduce swelling. Cucumbers'hard skin is rich in fiber and contains a variety of beneficial minerals including silica, potassium and magnesium.

A Radiant Complexion

The silica in cucumber is an essential component of healthy connective tissue, which includes muscles, tendons, ligaments, cartilage, and bone. Cucumber juice is often recommended as a source of silica to improve the complexion and health of the skin, plus cucumber's high water content makes it naturally hydrating—a must for glowing skin. Cucumbers are also used topically for various types of skin problems, including swelling under the eyes and sunburn. Two compounds in cucumbers, ascorbic acid and caffeic acid, prevent water retention, which may explain why cucumbers applied topically are often helpful for swollen eyes, burns and dermatitis.
Wow, great information!!!! Guess I should stop peeling them before I slice them up on my salad. Thanks for the info
Old 03-03-2011, 08:51 AM   #6  
Sandy

S/C/G: 188/154/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Good morning ALL! Here is to another wonderful IP protocol day. Had my first WI after switching to alternate products and I must say I am pleased, lost 9.8#'s! I probably will not do measurements from here on out and just track my weight.

WOW!!!!! That's impressive. Great job!!!! Please keep us updated.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:01 AM   #7  
IP Start Feb 5/16

S/C/G: 338.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'3

Good morning all! Here's to an OP day. It's snowing again in NWO but at least it's not as cold as it was yesterday.

Wishing everyone a great day!
Old 03-03-2011, 09:38 AM   #8  
Re-Start 8/6/2012

S/C/G: 202/152/155

Height: 5'7

Quote:

Congrats on the great loss!! Obviously this is the way to go for you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
Health Benefits

A Radiant Complexion

GREAT INFO!!! I eat atleast 2 cups of cucumbers a day, and now I feel even better about it!! hehe!!
Old 03-03-2011, 09:41 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 189/159/140

woolberger- thanks a bunch for the pdf! (i've got it saved now)

i guess it's cucumbers for lunch today! yummy long skinny english from costco to be exact. the skins are tender and not bitter at all. stir up a little tuna salad and scoop it up with the cucumber coins. love it!

everyone pray for me.....i'm going to beginning zumba tonight at 7. or i suppose we should pray no one has a coronary laughing at me.... this white girl can't dance! but laughing burns calories, right?

have a great day all!
Old 03-03-2011, 09:57 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 185/182/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:

That is incredible! Way to go!!
Old 03-03-2011, 10:06 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 185/182/150

Height: 5'7"

WI # 3 this morning. I lost 2.6 lbs!

I noticed that my weight jumped up a little bit last night from the night before (I too, am a scale tramp). I think I am going into my TOM, plus I am a little...irregular. So considering that, I am very happy with this weeks loss, and looking forward to the next weigh in!!

Have a fantastic day everyone!!
Old 03-03-2011, 10:12 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJackson View Post
Wow, great information!!!! Guess I should stop peeling them before I slice them up on my salad. Thanks for the info
I know! i have been peeling them too!
Old 03-03-2011, 10:16 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondar View Post

i guess it's cucumbers for lunch today! yummy long skinny english from costco to be exact. the skins are tender and not bitter at all. stir up a little tuna salad and scoop it up with the cucumber coins. love it!

everyone pray for me.....i'm going to beginning zumba tonight at 7. or i suppose we should pray no one has a coronary laughing at me.... this white girl can't dance! but laughing burns calories, right?

have a great day all!
you will LOVE zumba...it is so fun! and no one takes anyone super seriously... the music will get in your blood..you will see... its so amazing!
Old 03-03-2011, 10:28 AM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

I am staying on plan today!

Have a great day all!
Old 03-03-2011, 10:49 AM   #15  

Quote:

juiceman11!.. I'm so glad the change to alternates has worked out so well for you!.. congrats on such an amazing SV!!!..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondar View Post

have a great day all!
rondar, Zumba is a blast!.. I've been to 3 classes so far & I'm hooked... don't worry about not being able to keep up, there will be all different levels of ability & klutziness, & you might just surprise yourself... most of all, just have fun, that's what it's all about...

hugs
Closed Thread