Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-02-2011, 09:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 298/238...285.5/217/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Room for a binge?

I have associated my living room and watching TV with my prior/current binge urges. This is where I have my DVD player with sound equipment. I would get fast food and gourge myself on it while watching TV and wait for the food coma to get some sleep and escape my anxiety. Now I cannot watch TV/DVDs in this room without sensing the urge to binge.

Does anyone else have an association of binging with a specific room? What do you do about it?
DixC Chix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:04 PM   #2  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

My desk at work. It's a "hungry zone" and if I sit there I have to be drinking tea or chewing gum or I will just sit there and fixate on eating.

It's a real problem.....my solution is just to always have a drink on hand, but it's not easy.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 07:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 145/160/120

Height: 5'6

I used to with my bedroom, since I always ate alone and live at home, when I was really trying to break away from some bad habits, I got rid of everything associated to my old eating habits. I then also shuffled the room up, bought new bedding/throws and accessories and made the room look entirely different.
It helped to see what was basically a fresh start, perhaps a placebo effect in ways but it seemed to work for me!

I definitely 2nd drinking lots of water too, especially before you get hungry or want to binge. Better to prevent a binge than try to cure one if possible
serendipity907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 08:51 AM   #4  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

S/C/G: 272/228/under 200 for now

Height: 5'0"

My Car. Yes folks, I'm guilty of bingeing & driving. Sometimes my car looked like a dumpster of binge food wrappers. Because of my bingeing & driving, I'm struggling with getting in my car to go places because every time I go somewhere I want to stop and get something I shouldn't.
hpnodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:40 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/225/160

Height: 5'10.5

Definitely my room. (I'm 19 and live at home) It was way worse, however, when I lived upstairs. Just a quick 10 second walk to the kitchen to fix and take whatever I wanted back up to my cozy room with me, where I'd eat (quite contently) in peace while on the internet.

Now I live in the basement suite, and in order to get to the kitchen, I'd have to go outside (not that I'm lazy!). My binging has decreased.
summerlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:45 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/186/120

Height: 5'2"

For me it is the kitchen, usually while prepping food for my kids I will be hidden in the cupboard downing a box of granola bars. I used to even keep my pop in the cupboard so I could wash down the crap without anyone noticing. I now keep a jug of water in the dining room and try my best to gulp down some water before entering the kitchen.
Sarahlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:32 AM   #7  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

I live alone and have the whole house to myself but my binge area was my bedroom. My entire bed would look like a picnic area. I even put a table cloth down first so the grease wouldn't soak through. I'd sit indian style and let the games begin!

I agree with what krampus said. Instead of picking up food, I go to 7-11 and get a coffee or tea. Then I started bringing that back to my room along with a healthy snack. It took a while but I now associate laying in bed watching TV with coffee.
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 01:09 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

For me, it's my college dorm room and back at my parent's house, the bathroom. (Yes, I'd go in there I was so ashamed to eat). Unfortunately, I've had to get past both because I need to use both of them! For my dorm room I have plenty of healthy food, I don't carry cash on me in college any more (for vending machines) and I plan what to eat so I don't "panic my way into a binge". My bathroom is a whole 'nother story. I still sometime cry going in there. Oy.
racrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 01:55 PM   #9  
Sarah

S/C/G: SW:197.8/GW:145

Height: 5'8"

[QUOTE=serendipity907;3739867]I used to with my bedroom, since I always ate alone and live at home, when I was really trying to break away from some bad habits, I got rid of everything associated to my old eating habits. I then also shuffled the room up, bought new bedding/throws and accessories and made the room look entirely different.
It helped to see what was basically a fresh start, perhaps a placebo effect in ways but it seemed to work for me! [QUOTE]

I think this is a great idea if you can. Change it up - rearrange the cupboards - buy some cute decorations - make it a different space. I have a friend who broke up with her boyfriend and went out and bought all new bedding and loved the fact that he had never slept on that bedding. I think it really helps.

Last edited by asparagus4sale; 03-04-2011 at 01:56 PM.
asparagus4sale is offline   Reply With Quote