Old 03-02-2011, 11:56 AM   #1  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

Default 10 months later... what a difference!

From May to September of last year, I lost fifty pounds.

Then nothing. I stayed between 265 and 255 for the next five months.

I'm slowly beginning to lose again. I was able to change my ticker this morning for the first time since last September (I only change it at the 5s). I also was able to change my "goal" weight on my ticker to the next 20 pounds down.

I think my body needed some time to catch up, and I needed to eliminate some things from my diet that I thought I could keep while losing (like alcohol).

Last summer I bought some plus-sized (3x) hiking pants from Junonia online. I hate buying stuff online because I'm never sure if it will fit, and this was a classic instance. I couldn't fit into them at all. My belly was much too big.

This past weekend, I was able to wear them comfortably. The legs are even baggy (it's the belly that's snug)!

Most other times I've done this, it's been the same pattern. I lose the initial weight easily, then nothing for months... and thus I give up.

Thank God for all the posters in 100 lb Club on 3FC!! It is largely because of you that this time I did not give up. I'm just pushing through, even though it's two steps forward one step back at the moment.

Thank you. Never underestimate how important your posts are to those who read here, even if they don't always post replies.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:06 PM   #2  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I like this post. It's one of those posts about perseverance, never quitting and just keepin' on, especially when that scale just isn't budging. It's frustrating that so many of us lose slowly, but the key message is that we all can lose. It just takes some of us longer than others.

Congratulations on these last 5 pounds!! You worked hard for them!
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:27 PM   #3  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by synger View Post
I'm just pushing through, even though it's two steps forward one step back at the moment.
I love your post, too! But what I'm not catching is the "one step back" part??? You have just proven that you can maintain a substantial weight loss for several months! Then push it back in high gear and start the downward trend going again. I would say two huge strides forward, followed by a baby step forward, now following up with more huge strides to come!

Don't underestimate the value of what you have done from September to now. I'm a big all or nothing person, and I've spent my whole adulthood either gaining (most often) or losing. Nothing in between. The in between thing is THE key, really. Yeah, you want to lose more weight to get to your goal. But IMHO, not GAINING is a triumph, a real triumph. You keep going!!!
shannonmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 01:02 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 298/238...285.5/217/150

Height: 5'5"

Yay for the 50 pounds!!

Yay for the new 5 lb loss!!

Yay for the comfortable pants!!

Yay for NEVER giving up!!!

That's inspirational! Thank YOU.
DixC Chix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 01:02 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Congrats to you, what a difference you've made in 10 months! I've been lucky in that my weight loss has been consistent, so I really admire ladies for whom the journey is more bumpy, yet you/they just keep going and going. And Shannon is so right, there is a huge success in maintaining lost weight - which of course the toughest part of the battle. Here's a carrot for you!!

Last edited by sept15lija; 03-02-2011 at 01:03 PM.
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 02:31 PM   #6  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

That is fabulous, that your clothes are beginning to fit! I agree, the online accountability is so helpful for sticking to this plan for the long haul and pushing through slow periods. I'm glad you are seeing lasting results in your body, the way you feel, and the things you wear

Enjoy this hiking pants!
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 04:01 PM   #7  
Highest Known Weight: 305

S/C/G: 290.5/Tic/199

Height: 5'7"

That is FANTASTIC!

I also thought I could keep alcohol in my diet, but it kept making me backslide last fall. I gave up for a few months and gained more than 20 pounds. I was so ashamed that I quit coming to 3FC.

You kept coming and maintained your loss. I agree with the other posters, that is definitely a step forward!

Congratulations!

Last edited by kallismom; 03-02-2011 at 04:02 PM.
kallismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 04:22 PM   #8  
~Kim~

I'm glad you shared, it's really encouraging to see someone who's had success, hit some bumps, and gotten back on track. I just started back up myself after a lousy gain from taking a few months off and not caring.

Our current and goal are the same so I might have to keep my eye on you. If you start kicking my butt with losses it might be some extra motivation. =)

Good luck with the rest of your journey!
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:02 PM   #9  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Thank you all for the comments. It means a great deal. I'm not usually one to post my successes in "brag threads". You can tell by my join-by-date that I've been here forever. So I tend to not trumpet successes because they've always been followed by abject failure.

But this time is different. And yeah, I've said that before, too. But this time I don't feel the terrible time-pressure I used to. I'm more laid-back about the "when" so I can focus on the "what". If I work the plan, the plan will (eventually) work.

Thank you for all your support.

And Dimples... I'll be happy to keep you motivated. /hug
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:14 PM   #10  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Well, look at that -- kallismom's current and goal are the same as yours and dimples, and I'm right behind ya, gals! haha Let's keep going strong!!!
shannonmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 06:47 AM   #11  
Highest Known Weight: 305

S/C/G: 290.5/Tic/199

Height: 5'7"

Hey Shannon, Dimples, and Synger, I think we should all be accountability buddies!

Shannon, you have done great BTW!
kallismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 01:39 AM   #12  
Back at It!

S/C/G: 238/220/170

Height: 5'4 1/2

What a great post. Congratulations on your accomplishment! Keep fighting, that's what it is all about really. Never give up, or give up, but bounce back even stronger.

Last edited by Jojo381972; 03-04-2011 at 01:40 AM.
Jojo381972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:35 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 233/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Thanks synger for this post. I'm most terrified of maintaing the weight loss. I never ever want to go back. Eventually I'll hit a plateau and that is where I usually stop. I want to be able to push through like you have.... thanks for letting me know it can be done.

Well done, you deserve it!

-Sky
skyfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:48 AM   #14  
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

Height: 5'5

so true..

You sound like me i lost a chunk of weight and then stayed stuck at 240 -230s for about a year. But i know if i didnt have this site i would have gained it all back . there is power in friends who know what your going through..
TIARA is offline   Reply With Quote