Old 02-28-2011, 09:03 AM   #1  

Default Weekly Chat - Feb 28-Mar 6

new thread
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:11 AM   #2  

Good morning. It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

Still have that yukky cough, but it's getting better. I'm going with my sis for her consultation for her colonoscopy. She is 63 and never had one. I talked her into it. We have colon cancer on both sides of the family and surprised her dr. hasn't suggested it. I used to see him and I had to ask him for a referral. He's an internist and should know better.

Sandra, I know you did great. You are amazing.

Watched some of the Oscar's yesterday. Did notice that the women were so skinny. Loved most of the dresses.

Hope all you chickies have a super week.

p.s. My husband has finally quit smoking. I am so happy. I quit over 17 yrs ago. He never smoked in front of me, as he knew it upset me. Just wanted to share that.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:32 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

hope you feel better soon pam and i hope your husband keeps up with the non smoking i gave up 6 years ago xxx
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:34 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

That's great news about your DH, Pam. He just did the best thing he could for his health.

I've been to tap practice, and going to the gym later. I am going to focus this week on scrutinizing every food for hidden sugars. I've just about rid my diet of anything with high fructose corn syrup, and now I'm after the rest of the added sugars.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 02:37 PM   #5  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Had a very busy morning.First I called my DD to wish her a very Happy 41st Birthday. After that it was to the bank and than grocery shopping.

By the time I came home and in doors the wind started up along with a down pout. They're talking about a nor'easter this afternoon with winds blowing at 50 MPH. Heard some thunder boomers in the background some where.

I stayed up and watched the whole OSCAR show.Sorry I did as this morning it was hard to get up. Happy that the KINGS SPEECH won the best picture of the year and that Colin Firth got the Oscar for playing the king, but I was disappointed that the actor that played the teacher didn't get the supporting actor award.

PAM-Thanks for the pages. We have colon cancer in our side of the family also. My Mom & Dad had the cancer in them but they didn't die of it. So my sister and I have our colonoscopy faithfully every 5 years. Glad that your DH quit smoking, too scary with all that cancer around.

RHONDA-You're doing excellent in the exercising dept. But it hard to find all the hidden sugars on the food labels. I tried that and after a while I just gave up.

Have to go, have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:33 PM   #6  

Maryann, I shouldn't have said "hidden" since they obviously couldn't be found. What I mean is just checking the grams of sugar in each food. There are no guidelines about how much sugar, so I'm just trying to keep it as low as possible.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:46 PM   #7  
focused and aiming

Did someone say food is going out of style? I've been eating all day like it is.

Rhonda, you're amazing. I am sure the weight is going to fall quickly for you.

Pam, congratulations to your husband. He has made a healthy choice for sure.

Ems, congrats to you, too, for quitting smoking. That's one habit I've never had but can imagine how difficult it must be to quit.

Maryann, I completely forgot about the Oscars last night. I was on the computer a long long time.

Vickie, did you go to WW? I thought of going in the AM especially since I missed OA tonight but have decided to just get back OP. My sponsor and I are talking daily. That helps me a lot; however, today it was "anything goes."

Catch ya'll later. Night night.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:33 AM   #8  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

The sun is shinning so I think we are going to have a nice day.Not feeling well this morning but I must get to the post office and get my income taxes mailed. Nothing new otherwise.When I get home I'm going to rest either on the couch or go back to bed. Hope I'm not coming down with the flu bug.

Have a great day,I try to come back & see what you guys are up to.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:01 AM   #9  

Good morning all.

Maryann, hope you aren't comiing down with what I have. I was up all night with a cough. Too lazy to get up and take some cough medicine.

We have an appt to get our taxes done at 11.

Rhonda, I check for sugar too. Try to keep it at 3 or under. Also try to watch the sodium.

Sandra, are you a lifetime member at WW? I stopped my monthly pass and will try to do it on my own. If I start to gain again, it's back to the meetings.

On my second cup of coffee. Have a great day.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:33 AM   #10  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

As most of you know, our daughter died last May, just 2 weeks short of her 32nd birthday. She was autistic and epileptic and suffered a seizure which she didn't come out of. We have no other children. We got through Christmas OK but now Mothering Sunday is on the horizon, the cards are out and adverts everywhere. This will be the first one for many years that she hasn't helped her dad bring me breakfast in bed with a huge card she had made herself and a box of chocolates (which she ate!) Its going to be a tough few weeks. Convention dictates that we should 'be over it now dear' and we are expected to be back the way we were. We belong to a berevement group which is fantastic and what with their support and getting the house ready to sell so we can move to a smaller one, we are making good progress but its blinking slow with these emotional minefield dates popping up through the year.

Moan over!
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:01 AM   #11  
focused and aiming

JoJo, I love you.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:08 AM   #12  
focused and aiming

Pam and Maryann, I hope you're feeling better.

Pam, I am a WW Lifetime member. Got there in 2000. Stayed there a few minutes before regaining. Every time I go to a meeting, I pay. Maybe some day before too long I'll get to go for free. As of now I do enjoy not having to pay for missed meetings. That's a big perk.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:49 AM   #13  

Jojo. Convention is for morons who have no compassion.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:30 PM   #14  

Height: 5' 10"

Jojo, those who say that never suffered a loss. Especailly the loss of a child. We lost our first born when he was 4 months old. Ben was born with heart defects related to a genetic condition. Its been 9 years since Ben passed away -- I can say for me, there is no getting over it. But, you do eventually find a way to function through life and keep grief at bay. But for me it still come up hard and it hurts just as much today as it did 9 years ago.

We were blessed with having our dd Sarah who was born one year and one day after Ben died. Sarah just turned 8 this past Sunday.

HUGS to you!
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 01:19 PM   #15  

jojo, my heart aches for you. I've never suffered the loss of a child, but my sis has and I know how much she still grieves for him and it's been 10 yrs. Hugs to you.

Paula, hugs to you too. My sis that lost her 36 yr old son, also lost 2 babies.

Sandra, I will never make lifetime. I know you need to lose at least 5 lbs, so maybe when I'm closer to goal, I'll rejoin and try again.