Old 02-27-2011, 09:19 PM   #1  
MeTime

S/C/G: 421/287/220

Height: 5'10

Default Red Team NYNY 2011 Chat Thread Week 8 (2/28-3/5)

Continuing on to week 8.

6 freebies used this week and 6 players eliminated as official members.

More detailed posts coming soon.

Let's get week 8 started off on the right foot.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:38 PM   #2  
MeTime

Congrats to all the red team members who are still hanging in for this challenge.

Sunday night's Question of the Day Part One: What was the defining moment for you when you decided now was the time you were going to change your life?
Old 02-27-2011, 09:54 PM   #3  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

I feel like I'm just barely hanging on! It's been one of the most challenging weeks since I started this whole thing last August. This week needs to be better. I'm planning on seeing a doctor about this cough. It's been over a week with absolutely no change. Sorry to be a downer at the start of the week! I'm trying my best to stay positive and get myself back on track here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan84 View Post
Congrats to all the red team members who are still hanging in for this challenge.

Sunday night's Question of the Day Part One: What was the defining moment for you when you decided now was the time you were going to change your life?
Excellent question. I've actually been thinking a lot about the start of my journey lately. I can't really pinpoint one thing or one event that was like a lightbulb moment. I remember reading another poster at a different forum I go to posting about re-joining Weight Watchers. The next thing I knew I was on the WW site reading about their plan and pricing. I signed up the next day and just started.

I think that I had been realizing that things had gone too far for a while, but it was never at the forefront of my mind. Like I knew that I shouldn't be winded walking up the stairs to the second floor of my house, but never consciously thought "I should do something". I looked at some of the biggest clothes I had when I was getting rid of them and I realized that I was dressing to hide my body more than I had in the past. I can remember making all kinds of ridiculous excuses to avoid going for a walk with DH and the dog. All these things were me knowing that things weren't okay and all contributed to me checking out WW that August day.

I've started saying that I was sick and tired of being sick and tired. I think that's what it boiled down to for me.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:02 PM   #4  
MeTime

Peanutt- Hope the doctor has some information for you. Being sick is always rough on the body both physically and mentally, at least for me. Thanks for sharing the start of your story.

Red Team members- the previous post that I made in week 7 does not mean you need to stop posting. This is a team effort and should be a place where we can all come to encourage and support. That being said, don't forget you have to post at least once a week in order to be eligible for biggest loser each week.

Bigmid- Thank you for your additional post on the week 7 thread. We are all in this together. I'm looking forward to spring time as well here.

Well ladies, here we are in week 8. 7 more weeks and I will be in the Phillipines with the bf for our two week vacation before he leaves for his 1 year world travel. I've got a lot of work to do. I know I can do it. Time to suit up and get back to the basics: On plan food days, exercise daily, and WATER WATER WATER!!

Don't forget the water! My biggest downfall sometimes...which isn't good when your exercising. The more water you drink the easier your muscles can heal and keep your body hydrated.

Anyone else care to share the beginning of their story?
Old 02-27-2011, 10:24 PM   #5  
Persistance loses weight

S/C/G: 216/177/136

Height: 5'7"

Peanutt- Hang in there!! You can do this! Think of how far you've come. 60lbs thus far! Wow, how inspiring! And don't worry about being a downer, the only way you can go up is to admit that you are down!

Shan- I just want you to know I think you've been a great leader! You inspire me so much by the sheer impressiveness of having lost over 100lbs, not to mention the selflessness of taking on the task of being the team leader. I think you are fabulous, and if I've ever said anything you felt was harsh or mean spirited, I am very sorry. I will check myself in the future!!!

I travel frequently for work, many times to amazing destinations. In almost every sense of the word, I have a dream job. However, I have come to hate it as frequent travel results in frequent photo-opportunities.... I absolutely HATE having my picture taken as the resulting photos are hard evidence of how overweight I have actually become. The day I decided to sign up for WW was actually the day I came home from a trip (quite literally) around the world and realized I did not have a single photo of myself in any of the amazing places I was lucky enough to visit.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:28 PM   #6  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Yay, I love question of the day!
Quote:
What was the defining moment for you when you decided now was the time you were going to change your life?
For me it was on the heels of the end of my marriage last summer. I felt like I had a clean slate and if I could go through a big change like that and be okay, what else could I do? It just suddenly did not seem out of reach to me, when it had before. I felt much more in control and ready to invite change into my life.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:29 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 258/Ticker/199

The defining moment for me was late December when my three year old daughter asked me if we had 'used all gone' the times I could get on the floor with her that day. See, I have a really bad knee and getting up and down is so painful that I literally had been getting on the floor three times a day. I made HER a promise that I'd do something that would make a difference. I have already noticed a change in my pain level during floor time and I no longer have the 3 time limit. I am doing this for both of us.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:34 PM   #8  
MeTime

Week 7 Results
Total lbs and percentage lost -13.10lbs, -.22%

Biggest Loser
Sindaena, -3.4lbs, -2.26%

Honorable Mentions
JayTee, -4.5, -2.24%
skinnycow126, -4lbs, -2.10%
Old 02-27-2011, 10:37 PM   #9  
just do it!

Shan - sounds like you've got a good plan for getting ready for that vacation (and what an awesome one it will be!). You know what works and what you need to do and that's a huge part of this battle!

Skinnycow - I can relate to the lack of pictures. There is maybe 1 or 2 photos of me from the trips that DH and I have taken. I don't even have a good before photo of myself!

Angie - isn't it amazing when we realize the power of ourselves and what we can do? Great inspiration.

CharlieJune - good for you and your daughter!
Old 02-27-2011, 10:39 PM   #10  
MeTime

Angie- Wow. I didn't know your story. GO YOU! That takes tremendous strength to go thru a difficult experience and not let it pull you down. What a fantastic outlook!

CharlieJune- That is such a sweet story. How exciting for you and your daughter. Sometime in my own journey, I forget that my victories are victories for the people I love in my life too! What a great reminder.

Red Team- Congrats to our losers this week. Based on the results, I think we won the week 7 weigh in and we have the overall biggest loser! Congrats to all of you for making it happen!!
Old 02-27-2011, 10:40 PM   #11  
just do it!

WTG Red Team! Nice team loss this week!

Congrats Sindaena! WTG JayTee and Skinnycow! You three were amazing for this team this week (you 3 lost 11.9 of the 13.1 lbs!!!)
Old 02-27-2011, 10:44 PM   #12  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

everyone have a wonderful week 8!
Old 02-27-2011, 10:45 PM   #13  
just do it!

Hey Unofficial Members of the Red Team - WTG!! I just checked out the weigh in thread and all our unofficial members are really rockin' this challenge. Good for you guys!
Old 02-27-2011, 10:48 PM   #14  
Restarting AGAIN

S/C/G: 167/114/140/see ticker/105

Height: not quite 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan84 View Post
I knew I'd been gaining weight since moving across the country with the kids a couple years ago for my husbands job. I started out having a hard time adjusting to being an at-home parent again instead of working and also to being in a new location far from family and friends. Then it just become a certain amount of habit - being lazy and feeling sorry for myself. I was using "not ime" as an excuse to not exercise and no exercise as an excuse to use food for comfort. Then a friend mentioned working out at 5AM with her neighbors three days a week. I called her back later that day to ask if she'd mind if I joined them at the gym. That was right after Thanksgiving. A month later, all that working out translated into motivation to get my diet in here, and here I am.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:19 PM   #15  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Skinnycow -- I can so relate. I really regret that there are so few pictures of me during the first 5 years of my son's life. If you looked through our albums you'd have thought I never went along on our vacations or participated in regular life events! Your job does sound fabulous. You've done very well in a short time, I hope you are enjoying the pictures which should now document your journey to a healthier you.

CharlieJune -- I sucked in my breath when I read your reason -- great reason. I don't suffer from any form of disability (unless you could obesity!) but I do relate to your sentiment. My son is 6 and is a major reason I keep doing this, it's really cool that he is proud of me, and totally supportive of the changes I've made to our meals.

Peanutt -- Thank you. Yes! I was amazed by how empowered I felt, and making the decision to make more changes empowered me even more -- I wasn't just letting things happen, or just waiting on things to happen.

Shan -- Thanks I feel more positive and stronger than I have in a long time. The positivity has just overflowed to all the other areas of my life...I'm in control of my weight now, and I feel so much better about my contribution at work too.

Congrats to Sindaena for being this weeks biggest loser!!