Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-26-2011, 05:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/192.5/130

Default Dinner Time...

It is almost time to cook dinner...It is going to be an easy one tonight.

We are going to stir-fry some chicken breast, veggies, and brown rice.

One thing I have really liked is the frozen bags of brown rice that you steam in the microwave. It is easy and allows for a quick throw together dinner instead of going out to eat when I don't feel like cooking.

So, what are you having tonight? Got some favorite quick meals that you want to share? I would love to hear about them....
meltitaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:13 PM   #2  
Closet skinny chick! :)

S/C/G: 238/ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

I am going to make a modified version of the Big Mac in a bowl recipe that I saw somewhere on here Skipping on the beef and using lean turkey, FF shredded cheddar cheese, and probably enough spinach (instead of lettuce) to turn it into a giant salad. Yum! My hubby gave me this complete "WTF?" look when I described it to him but when he tried it for the first time last week, he was hooked. Major victory for a healthier recipe!
Chantelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:37 PM   #3  
Reluctant Adult

I made a healthful pizza, with half the dough recipe I usually use, and piled with low-calorie veggies (peppers, onions, mushrooms). A giant salad and a wee glass of wine.
raebeaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:39 PM   #4  
Here I go again

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chantelle View Post
I am going to make a modified version of the Big Mac in a bowl recipe that I saw somewhere on here Skipping on the beef and using lean turkey, FF shredded cheddar cheese, and probably enough spinach (instead of lettuce) to turn it into a giant salad. Yum! My hubby gave me this complete "WTF?" look when I described it to him but when he tried it for the first time last week, he was hooked. Major victory for a healthier recipe!
do share the recipe please
BoopRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:43 PM   #5  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

I made Mac n cheese!

Whole wheat pasta, lemon, spinach, milk, whole wheat flour, shallots, garlic and tilapia oh and of couse parmesan cheese. It came in around 350. Tonight wasn't so much about getting the healthiest cals possible or a mountain of veggies, it was about how to make fish eatable for me. To say I'm not a fan of fish is an understatement, but the benefits are so great and you get so much protien for hardly any cals and I know I'm missing out on some great dishes. It was pretty good, not to fishy.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:59 PM   #6  
Closet skinny chick! :)

S/C/G: 238/ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Gladly! This is the original recipe:

Quote:
LINNY'S BIG MAC IN A BOWL
1/2 pound raw ground beef, about 5 1/2 ounces cooked weight or 153 grams cooked *
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 slice deluxe American cheese, broken up
1 teaspoon minced dry onions
46 grams dill pickle slices or 2 dill spears, chopped, about 1 5/8 ounces
2 tablespoons Smoky Thousand Island Dressing
1 1/2 ounces iceberg lettuce, shredded

Brown the ground beef, seasoning with salt and pepper; drain off the fat if desired. Meanwhile, soak the dry onions in a little water to rehydrate them. Add the cheese and cook until it melts. Put the meat in a large salad bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Toss and eat at once.

Makes 1 serving
My modifications:
Lean (95/5) minced turkey instead of beef
Substituted FF shredded cheddar cheese for the slice of American
Used reduced sodium dill pickle relish
Omitted the Thousand Island
Used spinach instead of iceberg

I was blown away by how much it tasted like a big mac, in spite of the changes. Apparently those dehydrated onions are key lol, the house smelled like a McD's restaurant for a couple of hours after that!
Chantelle is offline   Reply With Quote