Old 02-24-2011, 11:53 PM   #1  
The True Ice Queen

S/C/G: 270/ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

Default Ever feel your age...

Hallo..

Do you guys ever feel your age and get all depressed ESPECIALLY since you're overweight too? I find that the two things go together and I get really sensitive about my age (I'm 30).

How do you deal with that? Most people tell me I look 25 or less, but I just think they're being nice. Nobody ever guesses that I'm actually 30.
30 Fat Still Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 12:11 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/172.8/145

Height: 5'2

I feel much much older. Exciting friday night for me watching kitchen nightmares and fringe. I can't stand all the time people spend on their cell phones and facebook. Can't imagine EVER having a date, a relationship, a positive sex life, ect ect. I would love to feel my age....36
DisgruntledOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 12:54 AM   #3  
go 4 your dreams!!!

S/C/G: 297/ticker/160

Height: 5'5

your only 30!!! You are not old at all! My best friends dealing with this too. He just turned 28 and he keeps saying how old he feels. Trust me you aren't. And you know what helps me? when I see all these people in there 40's looking younger and super fit and great it makes me feel ALOT better. + my boyfriend is 39 and he looks so young, noone ever guesses his age, I thought he was my age when we met and the other day we went out for drinks and they carded him and not me! SO that makes me feel good about getting older bc age is really just a number and as long as you make sure your healthy and stay fit and looking good, you'll feel great about yourself at any age!

But I can relate to you too bc i just turned 24 and I feel like Im getting old too But then I remind myself of all the stuff I just mentioned up top. And look at it like this. When were bout 56 were gonna be like WHAT THE HECK WERE WE THINKING!! lol

Last edited by prettyinpink116; 02-25-2011 at 12:55 AM.
prettyinpink116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 06:03 AM   #4  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Odd. I'm 35 and I like being in my 30's.

I always disliked being under 25 because it wasn't til at least 25 that I was treated like an adult rather than the ol' "You are just a kid! what do you know?" thing.

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:25 AM   #5  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrophe View Post
Odd. I'm 35 and I like being in my 30's.

I always disliked being under 25 because it wasn't til at least 25 that I was treated like an adult rather than the ol' "You are just a kid! what do you know?" thing.

A.
I agree. I got this feeling when I was turning 30, like I was all grown and all my own.

I think like has improved drastically for me in my 30's. My experience and wisdom help me appreciate life in new ways every day. When people say life really begins at 50, I believe them. I can look back now from almost 35 and see my life from a whole new perspective. I can only imagine how that perspective will change in the next 15 years, probably as much as it changed in the past 15 years. Life's a wild ride, appreciate it and enjoy it. Focus on doing what you wanna do on this planet while you're here, time will pass whether you get those things done or not. IF you have your health, keep it in good shape b/c age does tend to bring some challenges as our bodies change.
4star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 10:25 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

I can understand the overweight part of it - I felt like I missed out on stuff, since I've been obese since my late teen years. I feel like at 33 I'm finally enjoying my body and feeling great about how I look. I'm happy I didn't wait any longer, but wish I had decided to make the changes sooner. Usually though I don't feel like I'm a grown-up...I take my son to a preschool which is inside of a high school, and I feel like I am as young as some of the high school students we pass by, which of course I'm not!! I have to remind myself I'm 33, married with a mortgage and two kids! lol
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 01:31 PM   #7  
Why can't you?

S/C/G: 334/290.8/167

Height: 5'2"

I'm 34. I travel, I date, and I at least try to enjoy life. You only get one ride on the merry-go-round. When I'm 60, I refuse to look back with regret on the things I didn't do because I was too fat, to this, or too that. You're only as old as you allow yourself to be.
AZ Sunrises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 01:49 PM   #8  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

Mature women are awesome. I'm almost 39 and really looking forward to being 40. You couldn't pay me to be 21 again. Why would I want to? I'm so much wiser, less judgmental, more magnanimous than I was when I was a kid. I know more, I understand more, I appreciate more about the world than I used to. I may not always be happier than I was then but - simply put - I am a better person. Women are like fine wine - we improve with age.

If being 30 depresses you, try to adjust your attitude about aging. Our culture is overwhelmingly youth-oriented but just because marketing executives are relentless in their focus on the youth culture doesn't mean that youth is the absolute objective ideal. Consider some older women you admire - friends, relatives, coworkers, writers, actors, musicians, politicians - I don't know what you're into so I won't suggest any specific names, but I know there are quite a few awesome women in their 50s and 60s and beyond on my list who inspire me every day to be more like them.

Don't be afraid of getting older!

Last edited by carter; 02-25-2011 at 01:51 PM.
carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 01:56 PM   #9  
I am Anti-Fat

S/C/G: 364/361/170

Height: 5' 7"

I recently joined a gym, and was given an assessment to see where we are going to start with my exercise program. The end result was, I am 52 but I have a body of a 58 year old, but this will change as I begin to exercise and lose weight. Even our bones get sore because of all the added weight we are carrying.

Good luck.
fawnice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 02:07 PM   #10  

I had a friend once that was 90! I met her when she just turned 90.
She was a lot of fun. She hung around with us because all of her friends had died over the years.
She was a lifeguard and a physical therapist in her younger days.
She used her treadmill every day.

Wherever we went she got hit on by younger guys...good looking gentlemen in their 80's.
Don't ever let age get you down. Even at 90, the guys will ask you out.

She drove a big old Cadillac until she turned 95. She lived to 99.5. Died suddenly of a stroke.
She always watched her weight. She ate a lot of fish, green beans and squash. She said her diet kept her healthy.
She gave her cat fish too. He lived to 22!

So sad that she passed away, but we had a lot of good times.
JOLINA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 07:36 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 199/ticker/132

Height: 5'1"

I'm 30 and a half, nearly, and I have to say I love 30. I feel so much more settled in my own skin. I have been struggling with my weight for years, and now I really feel like I can tackle it. I'm so much less concerned with what people think of me, and so much more ready to accept compliments.

Plus, I work as an actress, and just lately my career has been going a different way, and not how I'd planned it. A couple of years ago that would have sent me into a panicky tailspin, but now I feel so much more relaxed about where things are going, and have a very different perspective on things...

Maybe I'm not expressing myself too well, but overall I'm loving it. Wouldn't go back to my early 20s if you paid me!! Just me maybe!!

X
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 12:49 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 160/157/120

Height: 5'1"

I'm turning 33 in a couple of months and I feel great about it. I stopped getting condescending remarks from older people because I'm now considered an experienced adult, and younger people seek my opinion about things because I'm "older" and "wiser." It's also satisfying to have an adult conversation with your parents and really feel that you're on the same level. I never got that when I was in my 20s and I'd rather not go back.
marianne78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 05:44 PM   #13  
The True Ice Queen

S/C/G: 270/ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

You guys are so awesome. Thanks for making me feel better. =)
30 Fat Still Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote