Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 02-25-2011, 01:28 PM   #1  

Default Tom Venuto

I was wondering if anyone has bought and used his E-book Burn the fat, feed the muscle? If so, did it work for you and would you reccomend it?

I have seen all the adverts now and read all the testimonials ( if they are true) I also read his blog. I don't want to get sucked in by anything fake, so I wanted to be sure the E-book was genuine and wether the information contained therein was useful.

Cheers ~ Honeythorn
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 01:53 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I don't know if you did a forum search but I really like Tom Venuto. There have been quite a few threads bout his books, both e-book and regular.
Here are a couple threads that turned up on the search that might be valuable:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...u-suggest.html

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...ed-muscle.html

And this one has someone asking about the difference between Body for Life and BFFM. Mel gives a great summary of BFFM:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...l-vs-bffm.html

Quote:
BFFM by Tom Venuto is not so much a "plan" as a good explanation of how building muscle and exercising works along with good nutrition to improve your body. Using his information, you can devise your own plan. He has sample nutritional plans and workouts for different goals (believe it or not, there are people who WANT to bulk) and body types, from which you can devise your own plan. His e-book is very readable, and written in terms understandable without a degree in biochemistry or kinesthiology. It is the theory behind BFL, and any other plan based on eating frequent nutritious meals, utilizing weight training and cardio to build muscle and burn fat.

If you've never done a weightlifting program before, BFL is a great starting point because everything is laid out for you- you don't have to experiment or make up workouts on your own. If you're not a beginner, BFFM is a great source of information to help you fine tune your own program. If you have access to a good gym, and are familiar with body building principles, BFL is probably too simplistic. Having said that tho, there are plenty of folks who do BFL for long periods of time with success, because it is so simple.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 04:49 PM   #3  

Oh great, thanks! I didn't think to do a forum search as the book seemed to be more muscle focused and I wasn't sure if anyone here was into that.

I'm not looking to gain large amounts of muscle as I have quite a lot already from walking and doing some weights at the gym, but I still have excess fat I want to be rid of, and from all I've been reading on the site and blog the book/s seem a good place to start.

I think I'll have a go at BFL if I can find a copy. The local Waterstones store doesn't have any of his actual books, so I suspect I'll have to order online.

Thanks for your help
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 05:28 PM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

We have a subforum here dedicated to weight training:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...e-training-80/

There are other books as well focusing on weight training such as The New Rules of Lifting and The New Rules of Lifting for Women.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 05:38 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 140/ticker/120

Height: 5 feet 4 inches

I downloaded his books and they were very helpful. It includesa lot of the science of bodybuilding and fat reducing and it was great. I followed their exercises for quite a long time and lost inches and built muscle. I am 60 years old and have a terrible time loosing weight. Everything says that I am at a normal weight but I know that I feel better at less. There are probably many others that would give you the same read for a cheaper price but with him you conintue to get e-mails with news.
thelast20 is offline   Reply With Quote