Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2003, 11:24 AM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Arrow 300+ and Ready to Try Again... #322

God Bless America!!!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins and Way to Go !!
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

WELCOME
Old 04-25-2003, 11:26 AM   #2  

I know I am suppose to post now too but....
I just woke up and saw we needed a new thread.
I have not even read the last thread yet.
I am going to go back and read... and if I still have some time I will post a reply to everyone.
Glad to be home.
Old 04-25-2003, 12:47 PM   #3  
this time I mean it!!!

S/C/G: 355/336.2/190

Height: 5' 8"

Possible Off Topic....

Morning all - first of all thanks so much for the warm welcome to this board - it's nice to know I have support from good people like all of you! :

I have a question. While I was waiting for my trainer at the gym last night I read an article about "Rolfing"...it's a technique that puports to correct the alignment of you body (http://www.rolf.org)...Since I do have some issues due to the weight, an old knee injury (motorcycle accident), and a tilted pelvis - all of which I'm working to try and correct as much as possible - the idea of trying Rolfing is intriguing to me. Have any of you ever tried it, and if you have, what are your thoughts?

thanks!
psm
Old 04-25-2003, 01:13 PM   #4  

Hey there chicks,

I don't have much to say today thats a first....LOL..

But my boss suprised me with a new screen for my computer today, its a flat screen 19" I think, OMG its great. I hate to go home to my 17" monitor now....this thing is marvy. I gotta get one some day.

Hugs to you all,

PS) Time to wake up now 2cute!!!
Old 04-25-2003, 01:28 PM   #5  
BELIEVE!

Good afternoon all!
I just finished a mile on the treadmill and my lunch of leftover chicken from last night and now I need to get back to work but thought I'd drop in for a quick hello! I hope everyone is having a good day! I'm so happy it's Friday and no work for 2 days.

Pam - I've never heard of Rolfing. I looked briefly at the site but don't have time to read it all right now. Sounds interesting.

Sandy - That was sure nice of your boss!

TGIF!!!!

Old 04-25-2003, 04:35 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Hi everyone. Sorry I've been MIA the last couple of days but our computer's been down. Now I'm back up and running. I did catch Oprah yesterday as well. What an awesome show. That one man lost 305 pounds in 1 year without surgery. How inspiring is that? It really got me thinking. If he could lose that much then there's no reason that I can't lose the 100 or so pounds that I need to. So that said, I am going to Curves on Monday to check it out and am going to join. It just opened up not to long ago. Someone was asking about the cost. Well I believe it varies from franchise to franchise, but here's mine. The original program fee is $149, but mine is running a promotion of only $49. Then you also pay $29 per month. That is if you sign up for a year. I believe it is slightly higher if you don't want to commit to the year contract. I am so excited to get started. Oprah set off my lightbulb again. I am ready to get out of my fat zone and be healthy. I, too, was crying as I watched. I am so glad I was able to watch it. Anyone else besides Sandy see it? Also wanted to welcome Pam and say hi to the other newbies who aren't so new anymore. We haven't really met. So hi! My name is Stephanie. I am 25 and the mother of 2( Brandon-5 and Kayla-2) I have about 100 pounds to lose. Hope to get to know you all better. Well gotta run.
Steph
Old 04-25-2003, 04:50 PM   #7  

Steph my son is 5yrs old, and his name is Brandon as well, thought that was cool, Born Sept 10, 97.
Old 04-25-2003, 05:03 PM   #8  

My daughter is 5.....LOL born August 13, 1997....what a funny thing, we were all prego at the same time....Alexis was actually Due Sept 1st, but she being the girl she is with a mind of her own decided August 13 was a much better day....LOL
Old 04-25-2003, 05:25 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Duckie-that is pretty cool. My Brandon was born Feb 18,1998. Kayla was born Oct 20,2000. What is your son's middle name?
Steph
Old 04-25-2003, 05:56 PM   #10  

Brandon ( his father picked the name, I wanted Braden ) Gene ( after his fathers best friend, it was suppose to be Eugene, but I hate that name, so I settled for Gene ) Irving ( another yucky name, but once again his father wanted it because that was his fathers name, and he's now passed ) So I had little say into what he was going to be called, if it was a girl I could name her anything I wanted but he wanted to name the boy. Men are so selfish I suffered through 9 months of terrible pregnancy, ( hated being pregnant ) and wouldn't let me name the kid. So really, I do like Brandon, but hate his middle names, and am almost embarrased to tell anyone.

Are you sorry you asked, are your 5yr olds as mouthy as mine.

Last edited by Duckie25; 04-25-2003 at 05:58 PM.
Old 04-25-2003, 05:58 PM   #11  

Hi girls.. I still do not have time to reply to everyone but I just had to say hi.
I have been sooo busy today. Been on this stupid computer filling out FAFSA forms for 2 hours !!!! I HATE DOING THAT !!!!!

Anyway... once I finished I just crashed for an hour and drank a couple of glasses of wine. I am not a usual drinker of any kind. And I actually had more than a couple.
I found something good about being so darn fat. I can handle a LOT of wine.

Anyway... I have stopped now. I am babysitting in three hours so I am putting the plug in the jug. LOL. TRUST ME... I am not intoxicated and I would NEVER endanger my grandbabies in that way. Just enjoyed a "rare" glass of wine or tow.

I am still going to reply to everyone.... but probably tomorrow.
Old 04-25-2003, 09:46 PM   #12  
Progress..not perfection

Hey gals....I'm here. 2cute, do not remove me from your list. This is going to be a really fast post because I am exhausted and need to get to bed. I am going to get in here extra early tomorrow and take time to reply to everyone, but I did have to say to Thin, thanks so much for the awesome recipe. Shows what you can come up with when you use the old noodle. Speaking of using the old noodle, listen to what I fixed earlier for a snack/lite dinner.....

I took one can of shredded chicken (looks like a can of tuna, but it's chicken) (3 pts) 1/2 cup of salsa (0 pts) 2 peices of fat free cheese (I used the Walmart brand) (1 pt) and put it in a bowl and put it in the microwave for about 2 minutes. (stirred about every 30 seconds) The cheese melted so nicely with the salsa and chicken and then I had an oz of white corn bite size tostitos (3pts) (24 chips) with my salsa dip. Very good, very filling and it only cost me 7 pts. Yummy

Also, I don't know if you've seen them or not but WW has a new dessert out. Have you seen the icecream cones....some call them nutty buddies, some call them drumsticks? They're like a small sugar waffle cone with vanilla icecream with drizzles of chocolate and peanuts on top? Well, WW has their own creation. It looks just like a drumstick, but it is a sugar waffle cone w/vanilla icecream, fudge drizzles on top and instead of peanuts, they've used mini chocolate chips. It is quite possibly the best dessert I've had (lite) in awhile and it's only 2 points! You've got to get some!

Food has been very good the last two days. I have been OP and did the 1 mile WATP yesterday and did a mile and a half today. Baby steps....baby steps.

Have a wonderful evening my lovelies and I will see you tomorrow!
Old 04-26-2003, 12:11 AM   #13  

It's been interesting today....

I got in my 30 minute workout, and then intended to clean the cat box. Well, the cat box cleaning turned into:

1. Since the box was clean, might as well do the bathroom too.

2. I've got a bag of garbage to take out after I cleaned the cat box and the bathroom, so I might as well clean the refrigerator.

3. I'm in the kitchen anyway, so why not clean it?

4. Then I figured, the heck with it, I may as run the vacuum, shake out the throw rugs and dust.

And THAT, is how the cat box cleaning turned into the entire house being done !

I also made out the grocery list and next month's household budget.
Old 04-26-2003, 02:13 AM   #14  

Angry I'm back....

Hi everyone. I had a wonderful time watching my granddaughters.
They are soooo sweet and cute. Grandpa did 98% of all the work ... left me with the diapers.. but he did everything else and I got to just sit and enjoy them mainly.

Okay... I have tons of work I should be doing. But I decided I would write all of you instead.
Lori.. congrats on your 3X
My days are pretty close to yours. I get side tracked alllllll the time.
The only difference is... I never finish anything.

Michelle...I hope your little angel is feeling better. I hate it when babys are sick.
I am so proud of you for joining the Y and WW again. It takes what it takes... and you are doing it.
SARA... I finally got your video to work for me. YOU ARE PRECIOUS !!!! It just warmed my heart seeing you LIVE a normal, healthy life. Especially being so young. You have a whole new world available to you. PROTECT it and don't take any chances of messing it up. I am soooo happy you have not made the same mistakes as I have.
I AM SOOOO VERY PROUD OF YOU !!!!

Kat... Your statement about hoping that young boy who died... "I hope his short life was a happy one" WOW... that just slapped me across the face. It does not matter if our life is short or long.... we need to make the most of it. The same is true for our weight. It does not matter if we are fat or thin... we need to make the most of it. I don't want to waste this life I have been given any more than I already have. I have spent WAY TOO MUCH TIME being unhappy .... because of my weight. I need to be happy .... NOW too... not after I lose weight. What if I never lose this weight. Did I then waste an entire life ??? Life is a gift that not everyone has the luxury to enjoy. It is time for me to ENJOY my life each and every day. I am ashamed to say... I have not in the past. I feel like a spoiled BRAT that is NEVER happy with what he has. He always wants a bigger toy, or more money, or the biggest room.
He is never happy with what he has.
I am happy with MOST of my life.... but I have always been ungrateful for this body.
I wanted a taller one, a skinnier one, better hair. My life is a gift...this body is a gift and I better start being grateful for what I have. It can always be worse.

Mary... I am happy your brother's life is making such a positive turnaround. I am sure we would all love to see some pics of his baby. I wish you had pics of your trip too.

Barb.... WAY TO GO GIRL.... double walking !!!!! How on earth can that poor little chihuahua keep up with you ???? You may kill him.

Sandy.. I have never eatten scallops. Teach me how to cook them I will give it a try. You guys have influenced me to try so many new foods I have never eaten before.
Your trip with your friends sounds like so much fun. I PROMISE if I ever lose this weight... I am planning one of those parties for all of us in here too. (plus I need to win the lottery to pay for it all)
I am soooo ANGRY that I missed Oprah. GRRRRrrrrrr I planned my day around it... even driving home from Missouri.... but NOTHING went on schedule Thursday and I missed everything I planned on doing that day. I will pay for postage if anyone recorded it and can make me a copy. I watched "The After Show" on the internet. LOL But it is not the same.

Deon..Just reading about everything you have to do in April wore me out.
Congratulations on your 3lbs lost.

Tina..GET BACK TO Weight Watchers !!!! You tried stopping before and struggled then too. It is worth the money. How many times have we said "I would pay a million dollars if someone could just make me skinny". Well... you are on your way girl.... don't mess it up now. You are making a great new start.
Isn't is frustrating how we can stay on program for 3 months and only lose 5lbs... Yet if we are off program for 3 days we can gain 15lbs. It just isn't fair.
And I am glad you finally posted again. I was thinking about changing you from INK back to pencil.
NOT !!!! But you better not ever stay away so long again.

Duckie... I had soooooooooooooooo much I wanted to say to you I realized I needed to make it a whole post by itself. LOL
I am writing this off line now. I will have to see if I have time to reply to you. It is from the last thread. Maybe it is best if I don't. LOL ( nothing bad )

Brunissen/PAM ... WELCOME !!!! I am sorry it has taken me so long to greet you.
My life is like living in a whirl wind right now. I am finding it very hard to find time to post. My families problems are consuming a lot of my energy right now. But I am so glad to have you join our little group.

Thin...I see you are spoiling the boys good. LOL I am sure they are very appreciative of all the extra effort you do for them. I always feel ashamed for how little I do for mine compared to you. (all except the laundry) LOL
I also made a note to myself... "post sooner or later" .. but I don't remember what that applied to. ??? The mind is always the first to go. LOL

Steph... good to see you again too. I have heard soooo many good things about Curves. YOU CAN DO THIS... just take the first step.... then keep on walking. You will be there in no time.

Okay... I am out of here. If I missed someone... I apologize. I tried to get everyone on this last thread.
Old 04-26-2003, 04:05 AM   #15  
a work in progress...

Red face The night owl report...

Hey there chicks!

I've been waiting to get on this computer ALL NIGHT. Dh was defragmenting the Cdrive or something like that...

My daughter and I just finshed watching "West Side Story." I haven't seen it in years, but sang along with every single song...and of course sobbed at the end. I actually sat through that (long movie) after having watched "Black Hawk Down," earlier with dh. Must be Friday night at the movies here. Wow, that was a powerful movie. I used up quite a few tissues on that one too. Very moving, especially with what's going on in the world lately. Made me feel very thankful and appreciative for those who willingly fight to defend right against wrong.

2cute...I was so touched by the fact that this boy was here for only such a short time...that could have been any one of our kids. Most of us here have been around twice, three times, even four times his age and then some. Which raises an interesting question... If you knew that you only had so much time left, what would you do differently than you do today? And I don't mean..."I'd be thin or I'd marry for money!" What could you do TODAY, that would make you happier, that you don't normally do? I know I'd: 1.think twice before I snapped off an automatic sarcastic or a sharp response to dh and kids. 2.I would speak my mind to people, (nicely, of course) and not sit there and think, "I should have said this or that. 3.I would be kinder to my family AND to myself. 4 I think I would dress better....meaning more carefully, not more expensively. For some reason today, I got "dressed up" according to my daughter and her friend. I had jeans on, but instead of the usual sweatshirt, i wore a button down shirt over a mock turtleneck and loafers instead of sneakers. I put mascara on. Well, you would have thought I was dressed for the ball the way they carried on! Geez, what the heck do I usually look like? I really don't go out of the house looking like a slob, but the little extra effort that I made, just for myself, made me feel good about myself and was obviously quite noticeable.

Boy, I just rambled off didn't I? I guess the point I'm trying to make is that we are all worthwhile individuals who happen to be overweight. We should not condemn ourselves to a life of misery until we "get thin..." We need to enjoy every moment of every day. Love yourself...it's so much easier to give love to others and to accept love from others when you love yourself first.

I wanted to answer everyone individually, but my philosophical ramblings have taken way too long, so I will leave you with this thought...(I copied it off one of the patient boards at work last night...never thought that it would apply so well to my lecture tonight! I just liked the message.)

Refrain from asking what is going to happen tomorrow,
and everyday that fortune grants you, count as gain. ~Horace

Have a great weekend everybody!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 04-26-2003 at 04:18 AM.
Closed Thread