Old 02-19-2011, 02:17 PM   #1  

Default Going back to weight watchers this week

Hello, I have been a life time member for about 20 years and really need to get back to it. I haven't been there for over 5 years, but it's the ONLY way I have ever lost weight.
I'd like to do some grocery shopping this weekend to be prepared. Is there a list anywhere that could get me started? I am excited to have the support of this forum and my new ipod to keep me going.
Mrs Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 02:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

Fruits, veggies, lean proteins and whole grains.

If you keep junk food in the house, get it out.

If you don't drink water regularly, make a plan to get it in - buy a pitcher or water bottle, get a filter if your tap water is not good, etc.

Start or increase your exercise.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 11:39 PM   #3  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Seagirl got it right. Don't forget healthy oils as nuts, olive oil, etc. Definitely water, water and water! Get some lemon or fruit to put it in your water if you're not much of a water drinker, worked for me.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 03:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 203/193.2/150

Height: 5'4''

This water lemon thing is pretty useful!It helps me control my cravings and it also detoxifies.
Also try to eat mostly proteins in the evenings-that helps to a faster loss I think..
Good luck!
loulou75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:52 AM   #5  
Crazy Avon Lady!

S/C/G: See tracker in signature

Height: 5'4"

In terms of specific stuff, this is what I buy week after week (your mileage may vary):

WW bread or deli thins (1 pp per slice breads are basically 90 calories or less per 2-slice serving, though if you get a Points Plus Calculator, this can vary between brands)
Propel Zero flavored water (it's non-carbonated, so it's essentially just H2O)
Nutrigrain bars (the best 3 pp that I can carry with me anywhere)
Bananas!!!!! (free fruit!)
Buddig or other light lunchmeats
Skim milk
2% milk cheese slices
Fettucine Alfredo and Santa Fe Beans and Rice WW entrees
Orange juice to freeze in 3/4 cup servings (2 pp and tastes like gelato)
precooked taco meat (Chi-Chi's) and low-carb tortillas
Diet iced tea
94% fat-free popcorn
Bagged salads
broccoli and cauliflower (fresh or frozen)
fat-free salsa (no sugar added, chunky style)
shredded cheese (for flavoring in small amounts)
WW pita breads
heart-healthy pasta sauce (the last 3 items make a nice pizza for 3-4 points each with onions and peppers)
unsweetened cereal

Everybody eventually finds the stuff that satisfies them, which makes those foods a "bargain" for that person. Pre-cooked taco meat is one of these for me. Three PP per half-cup, and there's all kinds of things that you can do with it, not just tacos. With a teaspoon of ketchup, it makes a great sloppy joe to eat open-faced on deli thins. A cup of taco meat on a green salad is a great entree for a total of 6 points (7 if you add some cheese).

While on the topic of PP bargains, am I the only person who buys an extra chili or two when I go to Wendy's and put them in the freezer? 4 PP for a small chili is an insane points bargain, especially for fast food. My essential 11-point fast food lunch is: Wendy's junior hamburger deluxe with no mayo (6), chili (4), garden salad with fat-free French dressing (1), diet lemonade (0).
AuntLoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:16 AM   #6  

Thanks for help. I like to print these lists and take them to the grocery store with me. First day on program yesterday was good. I think it will be easier when I get a feel for the points in different foods. I was super busy all day and had 5 points left at end of the day even with a nice greek yogurt, banana and sugar free hot cocoa snack in the evening. The activity part of it will be a challenge. Onward!!
Mrs Mom is offline   Reply With Quote