Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-23-2011, 02:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

Default Sometimes I envy a man's point of view

I had an interesting conversation with my DH last night. I was concerned about my own ability to take weight off and turn myself into the strong and lean person that I've been striving for as long as I can remember. This is because I felt like I completely de-railed myself yesterday as I had a bit of a binge moment. I would have eaten anything and everything but for no reason at all -- I just wasn't satisfied. I wasn't hungry either.

Well, I of course look at this as destructive behaviour verging on a mental/emotional eating disorder. Will this always be an obstacle that I will never get over? Do I need help? And I asked myself the big question WHY and couldn't come up with an answer.

But my wonderful hubby had the answer. With complete conviction he said simply that... I was craving chocolate. I mentioned wanting it the night before, and didn't have any in the house. And you know what? I think he's right. His logic: He craves pizza. He eats pizza. Craving goes away. vs. I crave chocolate. I don't eat chocolate. Craving doesn't go away.

So there you have it. I don't think I'm the only female out there that over-analyzes things and jumps to worst case scenario. Sometimes the most simple answer isn't obvious. Thank goodness for simple minds. (no offense to my hubby. LoL)

Any pieces of gold from the significant people in your life that have put things in perspective and helped you in your journey?

(btw, I'm good now. I logged what I did, had a good workout, and feel much better after last night's talk )
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:40 PM   #2  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

You aren't the only female out there that over-analyzes...I'm right there with you!! He had some good logic IMO...I have to pay attention to my cravings and sometimes I need to give in just to stay somewhat sane. Last month I craved cake for two straight days, so I had a piece and worked it into my calories for the day, and I was all better. Glad you feel good now! Workouts and good talks are great ways to feel better.

Last edited by Emme; 02-23-2011 at 02:41 PM.
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 03:59 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 293/269/135

Ohh with the cravings I have soo been there. If I didn't have the item in my house and couldn't eat it, I ate everything else, but was still unsatisfied. Its tough to stay on track when those cravings hit. Good answer from your guy, it took me forever to realize that was happening to me, many many calories later, lol.
KimmyP81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:04 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 160/157/120

Height: 5'1"

You're lucky to have a very sweet and supportive hubby. I'm right there with the cravings, too. I've been having a lot lately, and I've learned to work them into my calorie intake for the day. This way, I still feel that I'm in control of my food and not the other way around.
marianne78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 247/197/175

Height: 5'6

Sometimes something so simple can truly jump start your motivation.
I have a friend in the military and I went to visit her and ended up meeting a great guy while there.. I talked to him about about things that I wanted to do but had issues because of my weight and all he said to me was "If you want to do it, then why don't you?"

I really thought about it and couldn't answer him. From then on I had this strange new found motivation.. he still likes to send a few words of encouragement every now and again when I need a little kick in the butt
tinamariex16 is offline   Reply With Quote