View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 03:52 PM   #216
gardennut

S/C/G: 222.8/197.96/150

Height: 5'4"

Screen Name: gardennut

Age/Age Range: 37

Family Life: Married to my sweetheart of 12 years - he has a wonderful daughter who is 21 and off at college, and we have 2 teenagers at home - my son is (17) and my daughter (16).

Hobbies and Interests: Gardening, Landscaping, Flowers, Card Making, Camping.

Favorite Music: Depends on my mood - Hard Rock, Hair Metal, 80's, Classic Rock, Easy Listening, and Alternative are my favorites. The only things I don't usually listen to are Country and Rap

Favorite Color(s): Again, depends on my mood - I really don't have a favorite.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Gardening/Landscaping is my favorite exercise. I really don't like working out at all. I started an exercise routine this winter because I knew that a majority of my weight issue stemmed from being so sedentary during the snowy months. I have been using Jillian Michael's "30 Day Shred" and "Yoga Meltdown" and they serve the purpose of burning calories and getting me ready for gardening season. As soon as Spring gets here though, I will be working out by working outside.

What are your fitness/health goals? One of my goals is to be able to put a full day's work in out in my gardens and actually be able to move the next day. Another is to be able to go up a flight of stairs at a decent pace and not be winded by the time I reach the top.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Realizing that my son is graduating from high school this June and I didn't want to have to look back at all the pictures and think - "God I looked terrible".

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I have a hard time staying away from sweets.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?
1. I need to work on getting "in shape" via more cardio-intense workouts (I am hoping to start riding my bike again - if the snow ever goes away!!)
2. I need to keep working on cooking healthier meals for myself and my family
3. I need to be more careful of what I eat on the weekends

(Evil motivation) Who do you want to look better than? My boss

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Pretty summer dresses - I want to be able to wear a nice dress to my son's graduation and feel good in it!!
gardennut is offline   Reply With Quote