Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 12:13 PM   #1  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Default Positive Uplifting Notification: One Positive Thing About Me Today Is...Pt. Fourteen

Hello Sweet taters,

Here we are again, starting another part to the Positive Uplifting Notification thread. Well Ladies here it is..........PART Fourteen........

Today I am Happy once again to give birth to Part Fourteen of the One Positive thing about me today is.......................

It is time for new beginnings so let's get the party started!!!!!!

For all the newcomer's to this thread Let me tell a little about what we are all about. I thought this was a really cool way to reshape the way we think about things, ourselves, and just plain long stuff, you know the kind that happens in a lifetime, stuff that might throw you a curve ball. Well guess what, there is always a brighter side and that is what we look for, staying on the POSITIVE SIDE. To build our self esteem and to let us know, yes we can, instead of no we can't.

It does not matter if your Positive is big or small, about your weight or not, ANYTHING POSITIVE COUNTS. WE ARE HERE TO SUPPORT YOU, ENCOURAGE YOU, TO INSPIRE YOU, TO HOLD EACH OTHER UP, AND TO HELP TOOT YOUR HORN. BELIEVE ME, YOU WILL BE SURPRISED AT HOW YOU POSTING YOUR POSITIVES WILL HELP YOU AND SO MANY OTHERS.

I encourage you, in your own time to sneak back and read the FIRST POSITIVE THREAD and even the SECOND and you will understand what a blessing this is. I hope it will in some ways touch your heart.

Now lets get THIS PARTY started and SHOW you how we roll. Jump in, sit back, take your shoes off and stay awhile, for here, we are family!!!!!!

Hugs love and blessings and remember to make every moment count
Aggie

Last edited by colormerd47; 02-22-2011 at 12:14 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:23 PM   #2  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

wooohooooooooo

hey charming chicas!!!

have a beautiful day!!
susan
Old 02-22-2011, 12:37 PM   #3  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Well My Little Coupon Queen,

You found the thread already.....cool beans!!!!

Learn,
waiting on you sugar and thanks for opening the store this morning on Part Thirteen!!!

Here in Va. it is a littly cloudy today, but not in my world, not in my heart, for the SON shines in me from the inside out!!!! I am all ready for my late night at work, healthy premade lunch already packed and I have got my mind in the right frame of mind!!!!! It's gonna be a great day, no matter what comes my way.

So there you have it, I am off to a good start!!! See ya'll this evening.
CJ and Shia, Carol and Nona and my Miss D, missing you both very very much. Please poke your heads in as soon as you get a chance.

Hugs love and blessings, may God show each of you favor today and remember to make every moment count.
Loving you Ags
Old 02-22-2011, 12:46 PM   #4  

Yippeeeeee!!!!!!
Number Fourteen is here!!!!!!
Old 02-22-2011, 02:34 PM   #5  

Good afternoon ladies............

Honey.......you are so right..........looking at it differently - 1# a week equals 52# in a year. Thanks for that attitude adjustment - I needed it. No, I haven't noticed anything different body wise - no loosness, not easier to walk - but I'm looking for them - lol - the sooner the better. But what I have noticed is that I'm feeling so much better mentally - just to know that I'm in control of my eating. Hated that out-of-control grazing I was doing. So, for now - I'll hold on to that very big positive.

Ags - thank you as well for re-enforcing the attitude adjustment that I so needed. I'm 23 days and counting........I can do this for the rest of the month - and who knows - by then it will just be second nature to me and I won't have to think of stringing days together.

My positives for the day.............even thought it snowed last night - and I had to cancel DH retina spec apt because of the icy roads, I sat down and wrote some get well cards, a couple thank you cards, 2 birthday cards. Made 2 phone calls to friends that I haven't talked to in a long time - just to catch up with each other. Left me smiling - and thinking of everyone.

Learn - you're awfully quiet today - miss your morning cheeriness. Hope all is ok and you're just taking it easy. Are you getting out to walk now that the temps there have warmed up?

Susan......the gym is waiting - and I'm sure you're just counting the days. Didn't you say Thursday you go back to the doc? I just know you're feeling almost 100% again..........whoopee.

OK all - enjoy the rest of the day - have a relaxing evening with your families, sleep well - and I'll see you all tomorrow.

Linda
Old 02-22-2011, 04:11 PM   #6  

Hey, Hey, Hey!!!
O.K. now I have a little more time to post.

Linda- We all need a attitude adjustment once in a while. Me I need a good swift kick in the pants once in a while. Glad your looking at that 1 pound lose positively.

Honey- Not quiet, just busy today and I figured I'd wait for #14 to start.
Theme days sounds like a cool idea. I'd love to hear about other peoples dreams and goals.

Ags- Crab cakes and salad. Sounds like another POP day for Sweet Meat.

Susan- I hope your feeling like your old self again. Are you ready to get your ZUMBA started.

Yesterday was a good day for eating, but I was quite idle. I made up for it today with a lot of errands and laundry. Hubby's yearly bonus came in so I was getting us caught up on bills. Now we are actually ahead for a change. We didn't quite have enough to pay off my Jeep, but now we only have 6 or 7 payments left. Who knows maybe when income tax comes in we can finish off the balance. Of course after I make our vacation plans. We haven't gone away in over 5 years and damit I need it.

O.K. Girls, I'm outa here. I hope everyone has a pleasent evening. Toodles!

Learn
Old 02-22-2011, 05:40 PM   #7  
Always a work in progress

S/C/G: 460/240/150

Height: 5'4"

Afternoon everyone! Today is shaping up to be a great day up here. I got that warm weather you sent Learn.

Ags - That's too funny. I picked cakegirl because when I made my account here I was still working on the possibility of opening a bakery. Yeah, that didn't pan out so I'm working on my back up plan. My name is Jamie, but everyone calls me J. I hate my name and much prefer J. Lol. Crab cakes sound yummy. I've never had them. I spent most of my life shunning seafood and have recent found I love it. I lived a block from the beach when I first got married and we had some great fresh seafood. Now I just need to learn how to prepared it at home. I'm not the best cook.

Susan - Wow. I need to start clipping coupons! That is some crazy savings. Whenever I shop online I always Google for promo codes first so I have no idea why that thrifty nature didn't transfer over to actual shopping. Zumba looks like a blast! Great suggestion about taking pics. I often forget to do my food diary and at the end of the day I struggle to remember everything. I try to keep a mental log of calories consumed but having a visual to go along with it would be a huge help. Thanks for the tip!

Misty - Weight can fluctuate on a day to day basis. If you keep staying on plan you will be fine. Walking with your puppy must be fun. When I still lived at home we had a boxer and every time we grabbed her leash she would start jumping and prancing in circles because she was so excited! She would give us quite the work out just trying to keep up with her because she was a big ball of energy. How are the 2 walks a day working out for you?

Honey - That's a lot of positives! You're right. It is a much better way of looking at things. It will just make this journey easier to see the good things, and I have a lot of good in my life. Sometimes i forget about that. Theme days sound cool. I vote for Terrific Tuesdays! Lol.

Heather - You're going to do great and have a blast at your sister's wedding! It sounds like a nice way to remember and celebrate your grandparents.
Tracking your food intake is a great tool for figuring out where you are during the day for calories and the like. I find if I don't write down everything I eat I tend to pick at food and snack more during the day. I hope it helps you stay on plan. Good luck.

Linda - It all adds up. A lb. here, 2 lbs. there... in the end you're one pound closer to where you want to be. I try to look at the bigger picture myself, for example it wasn't a 1 pound gain. The scale moved downward instead of staying stuck in one place. I hate when that happens but I know its just a number on a scale and it does not represent all the good choices I have made in that week. If you stay on plan and make healthy choices and *only lose 1 lb.*, it is still progress and something to be proud of. Instead of saying to yourself "I only lost 1 lb. this week", say "OMG I'm so happy I lost a lb. this week!"
I've taken to calling it 'scale fail' when I have a not so great weigh-in and I just fluff it off and keep on moving forward. So if you have scale fail, just keep on going. I read somewhere that if you're thinking about weight loss and put it off for whatever reason that in a year from now you will wish you started a year ago. That same premise still applies. If you lost 1 pound a week like Honey said, that's 52 in a year. In a year from now, 52 pounds lighter will you look back and say "wow I lost 52 lbs this year" and be glad you started now? Because if you decided to stop right now and go off plan, you could at the end of that year end up saying "wow I could have lost at least 52 lbs. this year. I wish I had kept up with it." You know what I mean?
Feeling any different body wise will come in time. Most likely when you least expect it. Keep staying positive!

Half - Way to go on the walking! I used to get winded just walking around my house. I was a mess when I started but it got easier in time. For one, it's easier to move in general as the weight comes off. Secondly, as you build muscle up and your body gets used to it, it gets more efficient at the activity. Give it some time and it will work out.

Learn - I'm glad everyone walked away unharmed from the accident. My older brother was in a motorcycle accident on his way home. We lived at the top of a steep hill and someone flying down the hill cut him off to go down a side street and hit him. My mom was in the car right behind him and it was horrible. Maybe 15 seconds and he would have safe at home. He was lucky to walk away from it with minor injuries and I'm thankful every day. Motorcycles scare the dickens out of me now.
Awesome about the new mechanic. It's nice to have someone trustworthy when dealing with your car.
A big WOOT!! for getting caught up on bills. I had to pay a massive gas bill this morning so I know how good it feels get those pesky bills off your mind, at least until next month. Lol. Where do you want to go on vacation? You have definitely earned one!

Yesterday wasn't a very nice day at all so I'm happy to report that today has been great. Yesterday I found a check from the treasury for $18 that I completely forgot about and found it was void since it was 2 years old. I had to shred it sadly, but when I got the mail today there was a nice shiny new $18 treasury check. I know it is only $18, but still.. its $18 dollars, you know. I got a great nights sleep for once and my husband has been particularly nice to me this morning. Usually he is a big grump in the morning. I chopped a good 6 inches off my hair. I was getting really bad migraines from the changes in the weather and my hair was making them so much worse. I feel a 1000 times better today and I'm headache free for the first time in 2 weeks. I got some house cleaning done and for the first time in a a long while I have a lot of energy to burn off, so I'm going to get a good work out in today. I watched a hilarious movie and had a yummy lunch of steamed veggies and chicken. I've got a fuzzy kitty cuddled up on my feet and she's purring up a storm.
Thanks for the warm welcome! I look forward to talking with you all and I hope you have had an amazing couple of days.

-J

edited to add: My thoughts are with those affected by the NZ earthquake. I don't if that applies to any posters here but on the cross stitch forum that I read there are a few posters from that area. If there are posters on 3fc, I hope you and your loved ones are all safe and sound.

Last edited by Cakegirl27; 02-22-2011 at 05:45 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:56 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Good evening ladies...

Just a quick drive by to let you know that I have had 2 perfect days of calorie counting and I have actually been a little bit under my recommended calories so I am realllly proud of myself and plan on continuing on..tonight was a footlong veggie sub from subway with no cheese and honey mustard dressing and it was really yummy.

Well, I gotta go get ready for biggest loser I will chat with you ladies more tomorrow have a good night

take care,
Heather
Old 02-22-2011, 10:14 PM   #9  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Good evening my loves,

How's all my sista's hanging??? From what I have read, good, very good!!!!

Linda,
Liked your 360 turn around. Feeling mentally better is a giangantic positive, and being in control, absolutely outstanding. Great positives!! See life is good!! Loved your positives on keeping in touch will old and long lost friends. When you have good friends, old or new, you have such good memories. The stuff life is made of.

Learn,
you are right, SweetMeat is on a roll!!!
Glad your eating is going so well, and look at all that exercise you got in today, errands, paying bills, and making plans for a vacation. Where are you planning to go??? Ugh Ugh??? Not only do you need a vacation, you deserve one!!!

J,
I like that, short and sweet!!! I can help you out with some recipes for seafood and I am sure the other ladies can too. I am a pretty good cook if I should say so myself!!! LOL LOL There is also a thread that feature's all kinds of different recipes. Check them out and enjoy!!
See, I keep reminding everyone that God is so good!! You missed out on the first check, and God had it replaced just for you and ding dang right, EIGHTEEN DOLLARS is EIGHTEEN DOLLARS!!!! Anyone that does not want eighteen dollars, I will gladly take it off their hands!!! hahahahaha Now can you send me some good night's sleep dust, I am waiting. LOL No headaches, excerising, a lighter head of hair,energy to burn, great lunch, and a fuzzy kitty, what more could you possibly want today. You are Rockin"!!!
OMGoodness, I just noticed your your weight lost and you are amazing, you are such an inspiration. Thank you for posting here.

Heather,
Keep up all that good work, it is paying off. I will be waiting for tomorrow's update.

My positive thing about me today is...............I have been very productive, a was able to keep my cool about a hot situation. I am growing up!!!

Gonna go and check out the monthly chat thread and see what's cooking up over there.......maybe I will see some of you there.

Well Ags is now leaving the building, hugs love and blessings and remember to make every moment count,
All my love, Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 02-22-2011 at 10:23 PM.
Old 02-23-2011, 04:35 AM   #10  
Pecking off pounds

S/C/G: 335/Ticker/170

Height: 6'5

Cakegirl - Yea Molly Bunny gets excited when i reach for the leash and harness... that means Car Ride. She doesn't get AS excited just for the extend-a-leash since at night, after my mother goes to bed (5:30pm most nights... she gets up REAL early for work) I use that leash to let her out front. I haven't gone on more walks yet. I WAS going to walk today but my mother was asked to go to the hospital for her spastic esophagus and we were there for HOURS! I made dinner for everyone and myself (two separate meals) and hadn't even had the chance to eat before I had to go and I hadn't had anything but coffee all day. Came back to a really good veggie stew when we finally DID get home. I got there around 3 or 4 and we didn't get home until 11pm. Had a bowl of stew and that's about it. Everyone's gone to bed and even though I'm still hungry I'll just have to snack on what i have in my room... Peanuts and Raisins. That's pretty much how my day went...

My positive for the day, went under my calorie goal for the day... is that a positive? Oh well, another one is I got a LOT of knitting done. Took it with me on the bus to the hospital and while i was sitting there. Mom headed there straight from work and my friend Stormy and i took the bus to get her and her car. Stormy ended up going home and I stayed with mom knitting and reading The Neverending Story until we were ready to be picked up. Oh and yea mom's feeling better. Happens a lot...
Old 02-23-2011, 05:53 AM   #11  

Happy Hump Day!
What a day yesterday, but let me start with you gals and all the positivity going on here.

Misty- Glad to hear your mom is alright. It was so smart of you to bring something to do with all that idle time. What are you knitting anyway?

Ags- Look at you keeping the lid on the pot of boiling water and not letting it boil over. My neighbor is growing up! LOL!!!
We are planning another trip to SC/NC. I am in desperate need of some mountain time. Gonna try to hook up with Stella also if she's still interested. We are planning our vacation for the 4th. of July weekend. Possibly a cousin (husband's side) reunion involved also. Hey when you coming to FLA?

Heather- Great job on the calorie counting and staying active.

J - Oh yes, trustworthy mechanics are few and far between.
Wasn't that nice of the treasury to issue you another check. Quick! Cash it and spend it!
Isn't it so relaxing listening to a purring kitty. Whenever I sit down to relax I always end up with 2 snuggly kitties and a loveable black lab to share my time with. Have another great day today, O.K.!!!

Well I was totally POP yesterday. Stayed busy and today will be the same. I'm gonna try to do some much needed yardwork in the morning while it's cool and then go visit mom at the ALF.
I actually had to put my A/C on in the house yesterday it got to over 80 degrees in the house. UGH!!!

Well gals that is all for now, the store is open! Stay fast and true to your journey.

Learn
Old 02-23-2011, 03:17 PM   #12  
Pecking off pounds

@Learn I'm knitting my very first and very hole-y scarf. i just learned to knit early in January and i haven't worked on it much until a few days ago.

Well, here's to another on plan day. i just woke up but I know there will be nothing to keep me from being on plan. Here in a little bit I'm gonna take part one of my walk, then i gotta do some stuff around the house. Finally gonna get that bathroom cleaned. Been procrastinating about it for far too long. So, positives for today: Will get some housework done AND go on my walks.

P.S. Back to 313 ^.^

Last edited by Mistycrow; 02-23-2011 at 03:18 PM.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:17 PM   #13  

Good evvveeennning ladies (think Alfred Hitchcock)

Well I was just chatting away - telling everyone how much I appreciate their input.........and whush - it is gone. Too badf my weight doesn't do the same. Ah - but that is another story.

J....thanks so much - reminding me to think positive thoughts - it's not a contest - as long as i do well eating daily - things will happen.

Ags.......You're good with recipes and cooking....I have 2 cans of crab and 2 cans of baby shrimp in my pantry. I must have gotten them to make something - but of course - totally forgot........So thought I'd throw it out to you for some thoughts/suggestions. Really nice you have b-i-l for some friendly rivalry at WW - lol - as long as you win.

Today has been a blur.......too many errands - running all over the county. The positive - I completed my list of 'to-dos' and I took lunch with me - so wasn't - well - I wouldn't say I wasn't tempted by those 'fast food joint smells'. I sometimes think they spray that greasy smell - you know - like the aerosol cans of room freshener.....just to draw me in there. But I was strong - and went right on by..........

Heather.......Misty......Susan...........Learn.... .....Shannon............Ona - hope you all had a great day and a wonderful evening with family and friends.

Linda
Old 02-23-2011, 05:45 PM   #14  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

hey chicas!!!

hope everyone is having a beautiful day!! i am so loving this spring like weather..
windows open + fresh air = NiGHT SLEEPiNG!!

the positive...well, there's always next week!

the not so positive...2 lbs found their way back on to their taxi! and are getting a ride around life!

but never you fear...i'll be dropping them off soon at the next stop!

linda...yes i am back to the dr tomorrow....then will probably be back at the gym come monday! ZUMBA HERE I COME!!

shannon...how are you love??

Ona....hows that florida weather?? are you getting your run on???? hugsss

misty....keep pecking away those pounds!! you can do it!

heather...wasn't HEAVY great this week!!! TBL was good too but i am not so sure about the game playing! i hope courtney wins!

learn....high school??? is he in band?? i loved going to band competitions when my boys were in high school. oh to have those years back! it goes too fast my friend!

agsss.....hugsss to the red queen!! glad you are happy and well.

J....wooohoo on the 18 dollars!!! i am thankful for being able to find coupons online i can use. we have a great publix here...and the managers are so nice and treat me like a queen...some stores don't like couponers who save so much! I LOVE PUBLIX!!!

i wish everyone HAPPINESS TODAY!! hugs someone you love and tell them you love them!! squeeze really extra long and hard....and when they say...whoaaaa....what was that for, just say...I LOVE YOU AND JUST WANTED YOU TO KNOW!

peace out!!

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 02-23-2011 at 05:46 PM.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:22 PM   #15  
Pecking off pounds

I just wanted to add one more positive. Molly got her picture taken on our walk. I put her in her red slicker and red shoes and someone stopped his truck and asked if he could take her picture. She was very good in sitting still for the camera. Anyways, I thought that was really cool. My mother thinks my dog is ugly. Phooey on her!
Closed Thread