Old 02-17-2011, 10:34 AM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #250 Bale of Turtles Keepin' On!

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 10:36 AM   #2  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
I started this new thread because we had gotten long. Please check back to #249 because there are some new posts there. Then come back and post here.
Have a great day!
Judy
234.6/191.8/180's and thinner
Old 02-17-2011, 11:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Hello everyone and happy Thursday to you all. Just a realy quick fly-by here since I am super busy at work this week. I managed to fall again yesterday morning and that really started my shoulder screaming so I went to the doctor late yesterday afternoon and he had me go for an xray, waiting to hear the results but it is very painful and I am hoping that they figure out what is wrong so that we can work on getting it fixed... I have W/I tonight a TOPS and I know it is not going to be good but will go and face the music and get on with it.

I will get back to the last thread when I have an extra minute to see what I missed.

Have a great day all!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 03:17 PM   #4  

Well the good news is - is that there are no broken bones... the other side of other side of the coin is that I just need to suck it up and wait it out... med's, ice packs, and rest it is what the doctor says and if it does not start getting better then I have to go back but for now the coast is clear! Yah!

Have a great day everyone! Any new recipes from anyone? I need something new to try this weekend!

OMG... is it 65 degrees here today... we were below zero last week... how crazy is that! I will take it though and enjoy it while we have it.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:35 PM   #5  
Chick

Yay Princess! So glad nothing was broken. I can only imagine how much it must hurt if you thought something might be broken. Feel better soon!
Judy
Old 02-17-2011, 06:54 PM   #6  
Crazy Avon Lady!

S/C/G: See tracker in signature

Hi all! It's been a tough week, but ultimately a very good one.

Hubby went in for a colonoscopy recently, and they found a very large mass in his colon. It looked to be well-supplied with blood vessels, and for that reason it was believed to be malignant. However, by the time that surgery was performed on Tuesday, the tumor had almost completely detached itself; only a tiny thread of flesh held it to the colon, and the doctor described it as "dying". It was safely removed, and found to be completely benign. We're crediting this to divine intervention. Between the job situation and the health situation, we've been on a roller-coaster lately. But all's well that ends well. We'll feel better once the shock has worn off!

More shock of a good kind: because I'd taken Wednesday off from work to care for my hubby, I went to a morning WW meeting instead of my regular 4 p.m. meeting. I realize that this probably skewed the results, and I won't be surprised if I stay the same next week. But this week -- to my amazement -- I'd lost another 2 pounds! So that made my 10-pound milestone and only one more pound till 5%.

The tough thing is that every other week, I've had to give up one point due to weight loss. Started out with 34 points, down to 32 now. And believe me, I'm feeling the difference. I've felt intuitively (if you'll allow me to put on my chaplain collar for a moment, I think that it's an inspiration from God) to use neither my weekly allowance nor any activity points, and to fill out all the healthy eating boxes every single day. It certainly has made things more challenging, and makes each "lost" point more meaningful to me.

But I can't argue with the results: not just weight loss, but all kinds of lupus-related health benefits, a clear mind and a certain tranquility of spirit, and a fierceness about staying on the program "no matter what". I packed myself a little tote bag for the day of the surgery, with everything that I'd need to stay on program (except for skim milk and a green salad, which I knew would be available at the hospital commissary or at the 24-hour place down the street).

Anyways, just taking it one step at a time, and enjoying my latest "standard" restaurant meal: a Wendy's junior hamburger, small chili, and salad with fat-free French dressing for a total of 11 points. When I think that my favorite fast-food meal used to cost over 35 points...!!!
AuntLoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 07:36 PM   #7  
Chick

Aunt Loopy, :
You are having a fabulous weight loss! The very good news is that Weight Watchers will not drop you lower than 29 points plus. Even the skinniest gals at my mtg. all get 29 points-----and if they are on maintenance, they get points plus added back. It's great that you are checking the healthy guidelines, etc. All of this pays off. I am so happy that your dh has had a great outcome with the colonoscopy/surgery. Good things do happen! I am also so glad to hear about how you packed up food for the hospital stay and you're really working this program!

Like you, I do not use my activity points, nor do I use my extra points for the week------well, sometimes I do-----but that's a binge. Let me restate that: I never plan to use my extra points for the week. A few of my local buddies and I are really revving up our attempts to stop the yo-yoing and knock off some weight. I visited my doctor yesterday and he took a blood test to see if any of my meds needed re-evaluating. I'll find out soon. In the meantime my dh and I walked the boardwalk at the for the first time since November. Great to be out in the fresh air again.

Wishing everyone a great weekend. Tomorrow night my dh and I are going to see a tango concert. We've never done anything like this before, so it should be interesting. Then on Saturday one of my dd's and I are going to a movie marathon-----we're going to watch 4 of the Oscar-nominated films. That should be wild. I don't know if I'll have the stamina, but I'm going to try and make it through. Sunday that same dd and grandson will come over and stay overnight since they both have the next day off from work/school. We'll be busy, but it all sounds good. I'll have to think of a crockpot recipe for the couple of weekend days.

Aunt Loopy----after the boardwalk (well, we got delayed because a line to our brakes broke on our car and we had to get to the car repair)---I was starving and trying to think of what I could put together quickly. The cold chicken I had stewed in the crockpot was perfect. Lean, tasty on a reduced bread sandwich. Yummy and it held me after I had some fruit as well.

I've got a stew recipe if anyone wants it. I haven't made it yet, but one of my friends thinks it is really good. It points out to about 7 points plus per serving----not too bad. I'll type it in if anyone wants it.
Made the French Onion Soup in my crockpot today----had it for dinner with a slice of bread and a T. parm cheese. VEry filling.

Gotta run----sorry I'm so long tonight.
Best of everything to everyone!
Judy
Old 02-18-2011, 07:18 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Sounds like everyone is on a lucky streak!!! Lots of good news! Yeah for everyone.

Aunt Loopy you are an inspiration! I'm sure you will be down that 1 more pound this week to make your 5%! You go!!!

I have to get back to the basics, been using too many of my weeklys. I feel better when I eat less, the night snacking bug has bit me and it wasn't something I usually do. But after going to the Y I feel hungry. Anyway planning is key.

Recipes discussed at my WW meeting this week were 1 point muffins, if you google WW 1 point muffins you should find the recipes. One is made with brownie mix , bran cereal everyone was raving about them. Might give them a try this weekend, will let you guys know if I do.

Well Friday is a half day so I'm off to work for part of the day then, probably do some grocery shopping, this seems to take longer trying to plan and purchase carefully.

On a happy note it is a long weekend here in Ontario!!! Have a great one!

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:37 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning turtles:

Princess - so sorry to hear about your fall and glad it wasn't as bad as it could have been

I have 4 days off since we have regular holiday on Monday, so looking forward
to getting lots done. Heading into Toronto today to get my hair done and
meet dd so should be fun day.

I was down 1# at my weigh in and received "6 week no gain" recognition

Alll - nice job on your weight losses, keep up the good work & I will
catch up when I get a chance over the weekend.

Have a good weekend, everyone
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:31 AM   #10  
Chick

Bandit, :
Bandit, what great news. No gain over 6 weeks is fabulous and to lose another pound this week is wonderful.. Have a great weekend with your dd and enjoy Toronto!

Terri, let us know how that recipe turns out. Good luck with your planning.

Today I'm looking forward to walking on the boardwalk again and then dh and I are going to see a Tango exhibit tonight. Should be fun.

Everybody have a great weekend.
Judy
Old 02-18-2011, 11:56 AM   #11  

Hello everyone and happy Friday! Went to W/I at TOPS and stayed for the meeting last night... I had stayed the same there but my weight there is different from what WW had me at the last time I was there for W/I so staying the same at TOPS is not a really good thing... I am trying to get back on track and figure out what I can do at the gym that will not make my shoulder hurt worse or my neck/back issue get worse, the fall has started that hurting again so I want to keep it low key but do SOMETHING... thinking swimming is going to be it for a while so I will try and get that fit it a couple of nights a week.

Have a ton of things to do this weekend so most likely will not be online much but have a great one everyone!

Bandit: Have a fabulous time and congrats on the #!

Judy: Enjoy your outing with the hubs and tell us all about it!

Loopy: A huge sigh of relief over your outcome with the DH and his trials and trib's! Wow, that had to be the touch of God! Congrats on the 2#'s!

Terri: Congrats on getting so close to a goal! Fabulous! I will look up the muffine recipe, thanks!

I have to run... super busy again at work, not extra time at all lately!
Old 02-20-2011, 10:14 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

So weigh in was today. I lost half a pound. Which is blah. I am just still feeling really unmotivated. I don't think I am drinking enough of water. Also I am drinking way too much caffeine. So next week will be better. Hope everyone had a good weekend.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:39 AM   #13  

Morning everyone and happy Monday! DH and I had a nice but busy weekend... went to see the grandbaby Saturday afternoon then met with some friends for dinner and a movie... I had fish, vegetables and a salad - did the best I could since we went to an Italian Restaurant. Then we went to see "Just Go With It" - very funny and enjoyable movie. So overall eating was not bad but I did not get in any exercise either... will keep at it!

Life: I feel ya! I am lacking motivation also... but I will keep chugging along till it clicks again.

Have a great day all!
Old 02-21-2011, 11:03 AM   #14  

Sorry i havent been around much lately. We are in the middle of getting ready to move and i have been dealing with what i think is some Gallbladder issues. I have had gallbladder problems before. Anyway i just try not to completly give up sometimes.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:06 PM   #15  
Crazy Avon Lady!

S/C/G: See tracker in signature

Hi all! Just got home from the markt. I heard there was going to be more snow while I was at my mom's apartment, cutting her cat's nails. "Baby" (real name: Naomi) is a former throwaway who appeared on the church steps one morning in a box -- she gave Mom the innocent look and before we knew it, we took up special collections at her church and mine to pay for the extra security deposit for Mom's senior housing, and to have Baby spayed and vaccinated. Mom does so much for her own congregation, where she is the unpaid assistant pastor in charge of the day-to-day stuff (the actual on-the-record pastoring is being done by an ancient retired minister and me, because I'm ordained and Mom has a provisional license). She's also active with the Food Bank, is a chaplain for the Protestant residents of the local Little Sisters nursing home, leads Alpha and Emmaus courses in three states, falls off a roof at least once a year while working with Habitat, and is a board member of a mission hospital in the deepest "holler" in Kentucky! In her "spare time", she participates in activities at my church; because her congregation is too small and elderly to have a youth group, she brings two or three kids up with her to northern Delaware for our events.

Anyways, she's reached the age where she's addicted to the Weather Channel -- Mom retired as a CPA to the Plain community before becoming a minister -- so when the official estimate rose to 5 inches overnight, we did a last-minute trip to the farmer's market. We came home loaded down with the usual goodies plus a gift that Mom bought at the non-electric appliance stall to donate to my nursing home chaplaincy (where I'm also the chairperson of the Yarn Club, teaching easy knitting and crocheting techniques for residents with low vision and/or arthritis): a knitting machine! These are pricey when they're new, but this one is pretty darned old: the video instructions are on VHS.

Mom was reading the manual on the way home, and she fell in love with one of the tackiest sweater patterns that I've ever seen -- and that's saying a lot, because we're Pennsylvania Dutch. Check my icon above if you don't know what I'm talking about. I made remarks about how the souls in you-know-where want a glass of cold water, too. But of course I'm already picking through my yarn box and making a list of stuff to trade in to the Yarn Club to get the two or three colors that I don't have yet.

I need to say from time to time that I've been blessed with a great family, a wonderful husband, a loving and close-knit community, and a job that I love. I don't deserve any of it -- I'm the usual mean-spirited and loud-mouthed Dutchie woman, and we might look innocent to the Englischers, but we're screaming harridans at home. Anyways, all of this and Weight Watchers too? More than I could ever have hoped for.
AuntLoopy is offline   Reply With Quote