Old 02-21-2011, 04:33 PM   #215
scout83

S/C/G: 237.5/206/185

Height: 5'7

Red face

Hi, hope I'm doing this post correctly!

Screen Name: scout83

Age/Age Range: 27

Family Life: Single, live with two roommates. Live near and am close to my family, though.

Occupation: In flux. Making the transition from early childhood educator to policy research.

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, volunteering, learning new things, craft beer (calorie heavy!), art in its many forms.

Favorite Music: Classical and jazz.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Long walks. Like, miles and miles.

What are your fitness/health goals? Not live in fear of obesity-related health problems. Get myself in gear, drop these pounds, and keep them off.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Travelling to Europe and observing the difference in lifestyle and food habits. My eating habits are (were) out of control.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Emotional eating. I often use food as a way to reward myself for a job well done or to comfort myself when things do not go as I'd planned. I need to get out of that loop.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Making good choices when I'm dining out, cutting back the empty calories of craft beer (I feel confident this is where I've gained a lot of weight in the last year or two), and finding some sort of exercise I enjoy (I love walking, but I'd like to look into yoga or pilates).

(Evil motivation) Who do you want to look better than?: This is tough!...No one, really? Just better than my current self, I guess.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Where do I start!? New, well-fitting jeans-- I feel like I've been stuck with some bogus jean choices at this size. Also, I'd like to go back to snug t-shirts (not happening now.) Also, pretty dresses that show off my waist.
scout83 is offline   Reply With Quote