Old 02-19-2011, 12:34 PM   #1  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Default Normal weight plus dresses for the wedding pics

Alright, it's time for a thread! LOL! And I'm having a "fat" day, which is really weird because I never have them. I've felt like this maybe 3-4 times this entire journey. I think I'm just tired. And it's odd. It doesn't help to go back and look at where I was. I think I figured out the psychology of it though. I am a very competitive person, but I don't enjoy competitive sports. My worst competitor is none other than my own self. So I am competing against myself...my current self, not my former self. But enough about that.

Yesterday I felt normal weight. Today I don't. But tomorrow I will again.

I'm posting these because last week I was lamenting that I had to go to this wedding with a bunch of family that doesn't see me often and are very judgmental. I really just want to blend in. I'm not look to make a splash. I wish I could just make everybody forget I ever got as big as I did.

On to pictures. I have a lot of respect for you mirror-photo folks. It's not easy! They're not the best quality, and I even cleaned my mirror first! But you can't tell.

For comparison:
Me at 235ish

Me at 175 (overweight thresh hold)

Today's stats: 145 pounds

I can't believe I'm posting a sports bra photo. LOL!

Here is my "fat" pants photo, size 22. They were a bit big at my heaviest, but I wore them. I was between 20 and 22.

This is the dress for the rehearsal dinner. The skirt is a 4 from The Limited and I could use a 2 now, but it will work.

And here is the dress for the wedding. It's from Nordstroms and is an 8, which did not zip two weeks ago.

Last edited by Eliana; 02-19-2011 at 12:35 PM.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 01:30 PM   #2  

all i can say is WOW, keep up the good work
nitenurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 01:31 PM   #3  
Joie de Vivre!!

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

You look terrific! And that blue dress is sooo pretty on you.

Last edited by TheBunneh; 02-19-2011 at 01:36 PM.
TheBunneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 01:36 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 295/278/160

Height: 5'7

you look FANTASTIC!!

AWESOME work!!
OhMyDogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 01:38 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

I love the rehearsal dinner outfit. Is the skirt going to fit ok by the wedding? Is the wedding early next month???
fattymcfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 01:43 PM   #6  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

oooooooh noooooo i'm reaaaaaalllly sorrrrry You said you don't want to make a splash but holy F)(*^&^N' heck!!! You'll blend in fine, the dresses are both lovely, but if people haven't seen you since the first beach pic there's no way they're not going to notice the difference LOL Practice your nonchalant "oh yah, just got in shape a bit" speech!!!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 02:00 PM   #7  
Big Miss Sunshine

S/C/G: 280/See Ticker/175

Height: 72.5"

You have inspired me to stay on plan today!
MissKoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 02:07 PM   #8  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Your brain is on drugs if you cant tell how awesome you look. It's that simple.

As I guessed, the blue is stunning on you! You look so trim in the rehearsal getup, too, and look perfectly suited to working out in a sports bra. Nothing about you hearkens back to your heavier pictures.

Cute, feminine, tiny. Have a nice day, sweetie

Last edited by Arctic Mama; 02-19-2011 at 02:07 PM.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 02:37 PM   #9  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

I hope I can look so good in a sports bra one day!

The dresses both look great on you. That blue dress is absolutely gorgeous! I'm sorry, but I'm afraid you won't get your wish, you will make a splash!
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 03:45 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 335/313.6

Height: 5'4

wow you do look amazing...my favorite picture was the fat pants...which sadly enough i haven't wore a 20/22 in probably over a decade, i squeeze into a 28 usually..but that is inspiring...if i had a picture like that..it would go up on my fridge, and probably a few other places around the house...i love it
reptogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 03:51 PM   #11  
Jeri

S/C/G: 286/142.6/150/new goal 140

Height: 5-4

I really wish I had saved my biggest pants so I could take a picture like that. I was just so thrilled that they didn't fit anymore that I trashed them

You look awesome, btw.
eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 04:04 PM   #12  
Le geek, c'est chic

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150ish

Height: 5'2" and change

You look phenomenal from tip to toe!

I love that blue dress; the interleaving of the panels on the skirt is super-flattering and calls attention to both your little waist and your slim legs. And although I can see in your "before" picture that you never had big arms, they're really svelte now; they look especially shapely and toned in that sleeveless dress.

People will notice the weight loss--they couldn't help but notice it--but you are a whole package of looking healthy and vibrant, so it's only a part of the picture. I hope that you get a lot more "Wow, you look great!" comments than comments about your weight loss alone because you deserve them. You look good in toto, not just smaller.

I envy you your beautiful comforter, by the way. Our cats would never let us have something that nice, the jerks.
Nola Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 04:05 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

You look amazing!!! Look how strong you are!
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 04:37 PM   #14  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

You can always count on this place for the loveliest of comments.

Fattymcfatty, the skirt should work, yes. It certainly fits well. Since I still want to lose 10 pounds yet it's hard to settle into a skirt that's even just a little big. I'm trying not to really buy any clothes yet. So I could buy a 2, but it'd be snug.

Trazey, thanks! They have not seen me since that pic, nope. LOL!

Misskoo, I'm glad I inspired you today! I've been so inspired by before/after pictures on these boards.

Artic, you always just so sweet! "Cute, feminine, tiny." I love those words! I really liked the color of the blue dress too, and it goes well with my favorite sapphire rings.

Fitgirlygirl, you'll be rockin' a sprots bra in no time! LOL! I would never wear it out in public. I just post pictures! LOL! I feel naked enough in my sleeveless body hugging workout tops.

Reptogirl and Eclipse, I've always wanted to do that standing-in-the-big-pants photo. I kept two pair for that purpose and am really glad I did. It's a lot of fun to put them on and imagine the belly filling them out. It's really hard to wrap the brain around and it provides tangible proof. I'm so very proud of how far I've come.

Nola, my arms were quite large in the first photo, you just can't see them. I'd say they were around 14 inches. Now they're 11 inches. All I know is the doctor was starting to take out the hidden big cuff to take my BP and I was mortified. My arms are my favorite part of my body now. I feel like they're slender and they have just the shape I want them to have. And I can flex them! I love feeling and looking strong.

You guys are all so awesome! Thanks always for the encouragement you give to all each and every day here.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 05:23 PM   #15  
Sherry

S/C/G: 205/187.2/150

Height: 5'2" (really 5'1 1/4" ( but I refuse to accept that - I don't care what the doctor says!)

YAHOO! AWESOME!! YIPPEE! HOORAY!! WAY TO GO!! ATTA GIRL!! Oh, yes you will be noticed & rightfully so! So proud of you..........you are an inspiration for sure. Love both outfits too. Good on you! You have a great time at that wedding.
Laffalot is offline   Reply With Quote