Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-19-2011, 01:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 294/276/150

Height: 5.7

Default Help- in desperate need of motivation!

I have been doing this for a month now, and have lost nearly 20lbs and do feel better. however, over the last 2 days I am feeling so miserable and want to eat everything in site- i have resisted the urge (so far) but would like to hear from anyone else who has experienced this and has any tips to get motivated again!
Thanks
pheedee27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 01:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

Replace any junk with healthy low calorie foods like veggies, lean meats, fruits, plain nonfat yogurt, etc. these will allow you to eat a lot more for far less calories and will fill you up better.
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 02:52 PM   #3  
Amazing Revelations

S/C/G: 272/ticker/161

Height: 5ft 7

i have felt that way on past diets, usually when ive been restricting myself too much. do you have the occasional treat?
MissSMcC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 03:00 PM   #4  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Can you get out and get to a different location - like a museum, library, (park if the weather isn't terrible) and take your mind off food for a bit - even when you're resisting the temptation, the focus remains on food. Get dressed up a bit and do something different, maybe - put something on that maybe was tight 20 pounds ago that's looser now! GOOD LUCK and stick with it!!
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 03:02 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 294/276/150

Height: 5.7

yeah- i have been really strict but allowed myself a small treat each week- its just last few days i have been really down thinking whats the point?
maybe i am being too strict though?
pheedee27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 05:14 PM   #6  

I discovered that I didn't get to 300 pounds because I had a normal relationship to food. How i react to food cues, stress, boredom, fun, has all been through food. When I placed food on such a high pedestal, I made it have far more importance in my life than it needed to have.

Changing how I ate, the foods, the amount was all threatening to my urge to indulge. Like a child being told NO, I felt resentment and even anger that I could not eat the way my urges wanted to. It takes a long time to work through this intrinsic part of us. It's part of the process of change. Sometime it seems overwhelming and the best thing to do is talk about it, explore it, work through it. Don't push it aside or ignore it. It's a part of you that needs to be addressed.

I figured out that motivation is short term, committment is long term. Motivation for me is a short term goal. I will do something to keep myself refreshed in my diet. A commitment for me is just that, making my diet as important as having to take a life saving pill every single day of my life. I don't mess with it, it what I must do, even through the maze that life can sometimes create.

It's normal to experience the urge to indulge. I am on week 73 of my diet and I still have them. I look at it, try to make the connection to what is going on in my life, with my emotions or if something is giving me a cue, like watching my husband eat candy. I re-affirm my commitment by reminding myself of how I feel right now and compare it to how i have felt in the past when food was more important and I ate until I weighed over 300 pounds. Every time I connect the dots, the more determined I am to feel my best, lose more weight and look forward instead of backwards.
martinimouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 05:20 PM   #7  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

instead of binging when i felt miserable on junk or sugar.. i tried eating as much protein as i could in the form of healthy protein and it didnt take long to get too full cause you can only eat so much protein and it fills you faster..its hard to overdose on protein..
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 05:21 PM   #8  
Amazing Revelations

S/C/G: 272/ticker/161

Height: 5ft 7

for me i have avoided that feeling by replacing the food i love with similar but healthier food, example i love spicy doritos, but now i buy weight watchers spicy corn chips. also i love chinese food, but replaced my usual duck in hoisin sauce with fried rice for chicken in hoisin sauce with stir fried veggies. i dont feel like im missing out so much because i still get the flavours i love.
MissSMcC is offline   Reply With Quote