Old 02-19-2011, 11:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 308/see ticker/147

Height: 5'3"

Default Stomach Fat Question (Lower and Upper Ab)

So, I've lost about 45 lbs. I have the stomach issue....upper and lower stomach (you know what I mean). I can tell they've gone down significantly. However, I'm curious whether the lower hanging stomach is the last to go (versus the "regular" stomach). I know everyone's body is different. However, it would seem the lower hanging area would start to decrease first and then then regular stomach. Not sure if this is making sense....I'm finding it hard to tell what my true waist size is with the lower ab area still "hanging". I'm curious about everyone's experiences with this.

I'm excited that my body is getting slimmer, though...no complaints in that area.
poeticmuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 11:36 AM   #2  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

This is one of the things about my body that leaves me most dissatisfied when I'm doing some serious, self-critical mirror-gazing. What you call "lower abs" decreased in size before the "upper abs." And they haven't caught up with each other. Now below my waistline, my stomach is fairly taut, but there's a clear delineation at my navel, with a slight overhang. In my case, some of this is loose skin; some of it isn't, though.

So, it gets better. Much, much better. I almost wish I'd documented it. I could show the pictures of how it got better, over time, and you'd probably feel better.

My solution? For me, at least for now, it's less mirror-gazing. Because I'm not willing to step it up the way people do when they want to look like a fitness model, with perfectly even abdominal area. I'm not willing to pay for or undergo surgery. And anyway, I look fine in clothing.

Last edited by saef; 02-19-2011 at 11:37 AM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 12:38 PM   #3  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I think mine is the opposite of Saef's, if I understand correctly. I'm pretty happy with my upper belly, above the belly button. I'm actually considering a high waisted bikini for summer. But below the belly button, that part still hangs. That's my pooch. I'm losing hope that it's going to go anywhere in these next 10 pounds.

But my belly has improved so, so much. I really am so happy with it. There used to be a horrible deep purple crease beneath the sag and that is gone, with just a leftover stretch mark type line.

Last edited by Eliana; 02-19-2011 at 12:39 PM.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 12:51 PM   #4  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile

After posting and reading all of your posts over the past 3 1/2 years, I have decided that I am going to be as detailed as possible about what I am doing and also documenting my progress with lots of pictures. I have read and seen so many transformations here and I do think that it is nice to have clear pictures to view the progress.

I belong to an online support group that has as one of its rules, measuring yourself once a month and then reporting it to the group. Besides, the accountability, I just think the fact that you are witnessing the transformation yourself is what helps keep you motivated but it also shows how when the scales don't show the lose the tape measure does, etc. Documentation is not being anal but just giving tangible evidence of the journey you are on.

I want to add to make sure that you backup your blogs and/or pictures. I had begun at 301.8 lbs, my heaviest ever, and I had photos in my underwear front and back (I know, not the prettiest sight) of the transformation of the first 25 lbs that I lost. It was visibly noticeable. However, as life as its way sometimes, my computer crashed and they were lost along with all of my journals, measurements, etc.

What can I say how I felt?

Well, however my pooch turns out I know that I will have it documented. In my opinion, this is the most important thing I will ever do for myself in my life and I want to someday to look back and see how far I have come.

Last edited by pamatga; 02-19-2011 at 12:54 PM.
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 01:49 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

I am having the problem you are, poeticmuz. Between my breast line and belly button I have really slimmed down. To the point that pants bag out around my waist and you can see musculur definition of my obliques and whatever muscle is in the middle. Below my belly button it looks like a "front butt". When I think the next size jean is going to fit that lower belly fat gets caught in the zipper. My trainer says that fat is the last to go and the hardest to get rid of. I actually feel as though no amount of dieting will ever get rid of it and if the fat does go then I'll just have the extra ugly skin as it is one big road map of stretch marks.
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote