Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-19-2011, 11:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/278/160

Height: 5'7

Default Round and Round we go!! Ugh!!

Dear Mother Nature/Illness Gods/Whomever:

You can feel free to kick me again if you want, but I am NOT going off plan!! You handed out tonsillitis 2 weeks ago to my youngest daughter, then again 2 days later to my older daughter, and then proceeded to turn it into Scarlet Fever for my older girl. After a full course of antibiotics, and everyone seeming well, you decided to spice up our lives, and give my youngest daughter tonsillitis again, 3 days after finishing her antibiotics. We did have a slip that night out of convenience, since both girls needed to see the doctor (London had to get her heart checked because Scarlet Fever can cause heart valve issues, and Faith needed antibiotics again for her tonsillitis), and because we live so far from the city, but I was back on plan that night.

This morning we woke up and my older daughter has Impetigo, which will need antibiotics too. This has all happened in 2 weeks. You can push, and shove and kick but you can NOT knock me off plan. Even though I am tired, and I am stressed from having to give the girls medication that I am highly allergic to, I will NOT comfort eat. I WILL NOT fall into old habits just because they are "easier". The extra weight is NOT easier to get off. And Mother Nature/Illness Gods/Whomever, it's London's birthday next week, so I'd really like you to stop all this "sick and contagious" garbage so she can turn 7 and have her bowling party.

Thanks for the thrill ride!
OhMyDogs
OhMyDogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 11:41 AM   #2  
Health and Happiness

S/C/G: Restart May 2012: 206/161/fit

Height: 5'5"

I'm sorry you have had to go through this rough patch, but way to stay strong and work through your emotions without turning to food. That is such an important skill to have to be able to live a healthy life. I hope everyone in your house feels better soon!
GardenBurglar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 11:43 AM   #3  
Knocking down walls.

S/C/G: 278/ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Good for you for committing to staying on plan!

It sounds like your kids are making good progress on building up their immune systems. Hope they're feeling better soon.
theox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 11:50 AM   #4  
Happy Member

You have been having a tough time, but you are dealing with it well. Good for you. There are always those tough patches in life, and there will always be tough patches in life.

There is an old saying - "When times get tough, the tough get going!"

You are doing great, just hang in there!!!
JoJoJo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 12:09 PM   #5  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile

OhMyDogs and even if you do end up going off your plan remember not to stay there but get right back on. Life throws us a lot of curve balls. Some we handle well and some we could handle better. Be realistic and don't forget to take care of yourself through all of this so you don't end up sick besides being exhausted, which you sound.

Good luck and God bless!
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 12:30 PM   #6  

Well, these last 3 weeks we have also had this dog....she's been as much stress as the kids being sick.

She does NOT conform to the breed norm in temperment (she's a Newfie who ended up HATING kids, and my husband, and trying to kill my cats), but my husband is returning her to the breeder today, which will also relieve a lot of stress. That poor creature has been living on a leash, tied to me, for 3 weeks because 1) she can't be trusted with the other animals or kids and 2) she's busted out of both the crates I had that could hold her. Not only that, but she's broken the gate we have that provides the cat's with a "safe zone" to hide from the dogs, and she's literally chewed through my bedroom door (she made a hole big enough that a 130lb dog could get through). My bedroom now has a built in pet door for the other animals .

I had wanted to get an adult newfie (I have had newfie's before, and known several, they are my breed of choice, but I also have 2 "mutt's" who we adore) to avoid the chaos of puppyhood, and keep stress low, but after the h*ll of the last 3 weeks, and being afraid that one of the kids was going to get hurt by this dog (we tried to return her a week after getting her, but the breeder wouldn't meet us until today), I think puppyhood doesn't look nearly as bad now!! LOL

Oh, I will be so happy when everyone's done their antibiotics, the dog's gone, and no one's sick!! LOL

Until then, instead of going off plan, I will use some dumb bells (and no, I'm not talking about my husband....at least not today) when I feel compelled to "comfort eat".

Chin up, and this too shall pass!! I'm trying to laugh it off, since laughter is the best medicine, and is good for burning calories
Old 02-19-2011, 01:22 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

You can stay on plan... this will prove to you that you can... I spent the entire month of October in the hospital with my father. I stayed ON PLAN. He passed away after 20 days in the hospital and I stayed ON PLAN. Now I take that month with me as inspiration when I think I can't stick to my plan... I think about the hardest month of my life and I remember I stayed ON PLAN through that.
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 01:24 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacygee View Post
You can stay on plan... this will prove to you that you can... I spent the entire month of October in the hospital with my father. I stayed ON PLAN. He passed away after 20 days in the hospital and I stayed ON PLAN. Now I take that month with me as inspiration when I think I can't stick to my plan... I think about the hardest month of my life and I remember I stayed ON PLAN through that.
So sorry for your loss!
Old 02-20-2011, 12:46 AM   #9  

Well I am speaking a few minutes early, it's 11:46 pm, but I think it's safe to say, I made it through the day. I overcame the Pizza Hut commercials which tempted me while I was stressing a couple of hours ago, and I ultimately made it through the day!

Mother Nature/Illness Gods/Whomever you did NOT provoke me into slipping, even though you tried... HA!!