Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-18-2011, 01:51 PM   #1  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

Default a good sports bra?

So, I've started upping my cardio by running, but i find that the sports bra that i had been wearing isn't very supportive, and it seems i can't find a good sports bra that offers any support.
im rather top heavy, so any sort of advice would be great, like where can i find one that gives good support. thanks!!
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:00 PM   #2  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

i just use 2 from walmart. they come in packs of like 3. can't remember now how many. but that's since i'm on such a tight budget. 3 bras for $10. can't beat that.

many people swear by enell sports bras. absolutely, you won't bounce.
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 205/160/155

Height: 5' 7.5"

The only kind I've found that will rein in my overly-abundant chesticles is Champion bras from Target. You can also find them at T.J. Maxx.
AshleyRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 03:16 PM   #4  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

I've used Enell sports bras before...expensive, but very worth it. I'm a 34GG, and it keeps 'em in place!
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 03:40 PM   #5  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Cruise through www.title9sports.com to look at the ratings for various sizes. I had a Frog Bra from there when I was slimmer -- that was pretty good for a pullover compression style. But you have to know what you are after -- compression style? (mashed flat?) Encapsulation style? (Each breast in it's own area?)

I'm content in an Enell for serious workouts like mountain biking all dang day. That's like chest armor, dude!

And then a Champion powerlseek for most others normal workouts -- like 30-60 min things at the gym or dvds at home or a light bike ride with my kid. NOT like an excursion. You know?

http://www.championusa.com/Champion/...on/CH1691.aspx

For something really low key like yoga, a C9 pullover sports bra from Target will do since there's not much jiggling.
http://www.target.com/C9-Champion-Se..._gwvub_2_title

I'm a 42D though -- so that plays into it. When I was a teen and still like a 36B, racerback sports bras were fine for all levels!

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 02-18-2011 at 03:44 PM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:10 AM   #6  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

I am not a small chested woman either. I hunted and hunted. I finally ended up with the Under Armour brand. I like the zip front style with the criss cross back. It keeps me in place and I don't have the pulling on my shoulders that I get with some sports bras. I got mine at Hibbet, but there are many places that carry Under Armor.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 11:14 AM   #7  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

If there are marathon running stores in your area, they tend to stock really good high-impact bras. (That's where I bought my running bra on sale for $30 -- it's very supportive for my pretty-well-sized chest and very comfortable.) I love Moving Comfort -- you can check out their website. Ennell is a great line, too.

Definitely prepare to spend about $20-$30 on ONE really good running bra, and pick one with separate cups (obviously) and adjustable straps, so you can make it tighter as you lose weight. Bras normally stretch out, so you'll be dealing with the spandex exhaustion on top of the weight loss -- you might as well just buy one nice bra, hand-wash it, and wear it all the time, then buy a smaller one a few months later.
lackadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 12:38 PM   #8  

I layer two Champion bras-- the most supportive cup-sized (not S-M-L) wicking bra I can find under an Action Shape. (I'm around a 34F-32FF depending on weight, and I run. While the fit isn't perfect and wouldn't be okay for street wear, this works well for me for what I need it for.)

I agree with the suggestion above that adjustability is important, especially if you tend to be bustier as you're getting your period or if your size is otherwise not consistent.
MariaMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 01:04 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emme View Post
I've used Enell sports bras before...expensive, but very worth it. I'm a 34GG, and it keeps 'em in place!
I second this... the Enell bra changed everything for me. Previously I felt like I COULDN't do classes or run or jump b/c I am so huge. I started as a K. Getting this bra totally made me ABLE to turn my workouts up and REALLY hit it! I can't say enough good things. It is like BOOB ARMOR!

The only draw back is there is a seam across the front. BUt, I decided I didn't care and by now everyone at the gym has seen it. BTW... I started in a size 5 and now I am in size 3! YAH! I get them at the See Jane Run website.
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote