Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-14-2011, 09:23 AM   #1  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Default Binge Free Challenge: 2.14.11 :val2: - 2.20.11 We LOVE not binging!!!!

Welcome to the binge-free challenge!! You can come in here and post your weekly successes and struggles and keep track of your binge-free days. You can also vent about anything and everything you feel like getting out. We are here to share our feelings and to encourage and inspire each other. No negativity! We are strong chicks and I KNOW we all can do this!! And we don't have to do it alone, we have each other to get us through the rough times.

ALL chicks are welcome -- no one is excluded! If you are trying to lose weight, not trying, maintaining, recovering from an eating disorder, in the midst of one, or have ANY kind of problem with food, we would love to have you join us!! Please do not hesitate to post your feelings. Jump right in head first!!! We WILL catch you!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:25 AM   #2  
Super Single Mom

Oh well....my valentine didn't work in the title so I'll put it here!! LOL

Let's fall in love with NOT binging!!!!!

Today is my Day 128!!

Come one....come all!!!
Old 02-14-2011, 10:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

Hey Vixin! I'm not a fan of V-day, but Happy Valentine's day anyway!! LOL

I'm at 155.2lbs. I'm still having some water retention though, so I don't think I've actually gained any. I'm just so tired of seeing 150-something.

Today has been ok so far. I'm feeling a bit jittery from my medicine this morning, which is odd. I wasn't very hungry at all this morning, mostly because of the meds. I had 1 cup of milk and that's it. I'll have a bigger lunch to make up for it though. I've been struggling lately to actually meet my minimum calories. Go figure. Binging scares me off food. *sigh*

Edit: Today is day 5.

Last edited by Pint Sized Terror; 02-14-2011 at 10:05 AM.
Pint Sized Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:41 AM   #4  
doing it

Argh, back to Day 1 for me. I am so frustrated. I can't even make it past 5 days!

For the people who are at 20+ days, how did it happen for you? What finally clicked?

I'm feeling really hopeless right now.
tarte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:08 PM   #5  
Super Single Mom

Honestly Tarte, I use the motto of "fake it til you make it."

I wanted it BAD this time and I was tired of being controlled by food. I made it to 58 days the first time and my mom got sick and I binged. I got right back on the horse a couple of days later and here I am at 128 days.

What worked for me? Swearing off any and all junk for a minimum of 60 days. I had to detox from all of the junk I HAD been eating. One of the first things I did was throw myself head first into this website. I joined the binge free challenge and took it 1 day at a time. After a while, the days start to add up.

Welcome aboard! There IS strength in numbers. If you're feeling frustrated or unsure, come here and post. There is always someone around to help. Sometimes it just helps to get the feelings out.

Good luck!
Old 02-14-2011, 12:08 PM   #6  
Super Single Mom

Hi Pint!!!

Yeah, I'm not the hugest fan either. My son is my valentine this year. That makes me happy.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:59 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 197/169/149

Height: 5'5"

I was feeling the urge to snack today. Not necessarily to binge, but I just wanted something even though I shouldn't be hungry. I decided to allow myself something small in hopes of quieting that urge. I'm in Starbucks working and decided to get one of their petite vanilla scones. It's small, and probably not worth the 140 calories, but it did the trick. Between that and my coffee, I no longer want to eat my weight in chocolate. Score!

Day 8 and going strong.
AriRuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:16 PM   #8  
JayBird

I haven't posted here in awhile.
I have been binge free for 10 days now and was also doing fairly well for a couple weeks before that. I recently got (from my library) the book and book on cd of Geneen Roth's Women Food and God. I also listened in on a free webcast she did last month. For some reason her message clicked with me and when I recently found myself holding a big jar of peanut butter in my kitchen at 2am I put it away because I knew it wasn't what I was hungry for. I just wanted to share that because (and I am almost afraid of jinxing myself by saying this) it seemed to really help me.
JayBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:01 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 216/187/140

Height: 5ft 7

day 31 and feel a bit more positive today.
spingirl ; thanks for support and advice. made a huge pan of vegetable soup today and had a cupful when I felt hungry. filled me up nicely inbetween meals and I was able to think about things other than food constantly.
tarte : dont be disheartened you will get there. I did the same as Vixsin and have cut out all junk food because I know that it would trigger a binge if I was in that frame of mind. Maybe worth giving it a go
tamara72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:03 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 258/245.8/170

Height: 5'9"

Hello, all. I've been here once before... a while ago, & feel so hard off the binge-free wagon that I am just now dusting myself (& my ego) off & trying to come back.

Today is day 1 for me.

One day at a time, one day at a time.
mingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:13 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Today is Day 7 for me - I went away to our friend's ranch for the weekend and had such a nice relaxing time -

One thing I notice again and again is how uncomfortable I am when I'm not hungry but not full. How I just keep wanting to eat something even though I'm not hungry. This weekend I just had to ride the feeling until it was meal-time again. Other than that I drank moderately (delicious red wine), ate well but didn't overeat, and after eating a few chocolate covered strawberries, realized I didn't want the s'mores everyone else was eating and passed - Also everyone else was still drinking and I realized I was done... So I just sat around the campfire and enjoyed the music my friends were jammin'.

So Monday came today and though I still had a case of the Mondays, I didn't have any remorse or guilt about the weekend. Felt relaxed and happy.

A bunch of mini-victories - Now I'm sitting eating a small candy bar of chocolate I bought myself for valentine's day and drinking a cup of decaf.

Have a test tonight so my fiance and I are doing our official VDay tomorrow. Stay strong ladies!
SarahinBalance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 05:51 PM   #12  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Day 27!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:08 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 155/122ish/120

Height: 5'4"

Hi all -- checking in for day 2 and it's been kind of easy because I have the stomach flu so quite frankly, the thought of ANY food makes me queasy.

Vixsin -- have you sworn off all junk? For example, do you have dessert, a cookie, or a piece of chocolate once in a while or none at all?
leblebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:31 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 268/260/194

Height: 5'7.5"

Day 8 and going strong.
zizania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:10 PM   #15  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Day 1 today but it's only 10 am...sigh
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote