Old 02-17-2011, 10:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 318/291/220

Height: 6'3.5

Default Update!!

Hey can you guys give updates of how you are doing and what you are doing to lose weight? I'm doing Ideal Protein with at least 30 mins of some cardio today. A Non scale victory for me today was getting to punch new holes in my belt. I hope everybody is having a great week...
Sandman79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 11:19 PM   #2  
One man would not fall...

S/C/G: 400/223/190

Height: 5' 10"

I'm still plugging away, i basically count calories and walk daily, i try to keep my caloric intake around my BMR, don't strictly limit anything as far as foods other than everything in moderation, i walk 6 days a week 8.5 - 9 KM around 90 minutes.

Still having fairly good success, since Jan 1 i have dropped exactly 30 lbs, another 60 or so and i will almost be pleased.
Resolute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:03 AM   #3  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

I eat fewer calories than it takes to maintain my weight. I am unconcerned with macronutrient ratios but I try to get at least 180g of protein intake a day and two servings of dairly per day. I track calories through fitday and sometimes I have to estimate.

I only eat between 1pm and 9pm but I'm not overly anal about these specific times.

I'm doing cardio but not to lose weight but because I want to increase my endurance.

I'm lifting once or twice a week to maintain my strength while I diet.

I take the following supplements:
Fish oil
Creatine
Multivitamin
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 250 / 210 / 210

Height: 6' 4"

I'm usually on my best behavior on the weekends. Weekdays are harder. I don't like trying to do my desk job, while hungry. So if I can hold steady all week then lose a pound on the weekend, that's good enough for me. My earlier experiences were with "crash dieting" - and I *DO* accept that only temporary loss will take place, when you try and rush things beyond a natural pace.

There's nothing fancy about the diet... add fiber, remove sugar/fats/oils. No snacking between meals (except healthy things like carrots or mini tomatoes.) I still eat out for lunch, but order no more fried food. Dinners are always at home - and usually simple things like home made soup, cole slaw, or baked vegetables... plus a few slices of whole wheat bread or pretzels.

I have not completely removed sweets - however dessert is not "part of dinner" anymore and I've cut back drastically. Many days I can satisfy that craving with a cup of sugarfree hot chocolate, or Tropicana 50 reduced calorie orange juice.

My exercise is walking 2.5 hours a week, and gradually mixing in some light jogging.

Last edited by darway; 02-18-2011 at 07:30 PM.
darway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:12 PM   #5  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman79 View Post
Hey can you guys give updates of how you are doing and what you are doing to lose weight? I'm doing Ideal Protein with at least 30 mins of some cardio today. A Non scale victory for me today was getting to punch new holes in my belt. I hope everybody is having a great week...

I have seen you post in the IP thread a few times and seem to be doing well. I started IP Jan 10 and have lost almost 40 pounds and find it relatively easy to follow. I am looking into alternate forms of "IP" packets as the expense is starting to hurt the budget.

In the coming weeks I plan to start going to the gym and do more of toning and light lifting just not to tax my body with my reduced calorie diet. How has the cardio made you feel when you are done? Do you monitor your heart rate?

I too got to punch new holes in the old belt, but finally had to buy a new one. I have gone from snug fitting 42's to loose fitting 36's.

I plan to phase off in early April and maintain. I may or may not go all the way down to 200, might stay in the 210 range, we will see how the rest of this month and March work for me.

Hope you continue to do well on IP, it works. My father in law was 374 and is now in the 250's and heading into the 240's and he started in June. My mother in law also has lost 60 lbs too. They look and feel amazing.
juiceman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 03:46 PM   #6  

Default That's Great!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
I have seen you post in the IP thread a few times and seem to be doing well. I started IP Jan 10 and have lost almost 40 pounds and find it relatively easy to follow. I am looking into alternate forms of "IP" packets as the expense is starting to hurt the budget.

In the coming weeks I plan to start going to the gym and do more of toning and light lifting just not to tax my body with my reduced calorie diet. How has the cardio made you feel when you are done? Do you monitor your heart rate?

I too got to punch new holes in the old belt, but finally had to buy a new one. I have gone from snug fitting 42's to loose fitting 36's.

I plan to phase off in early April and maintain. I may or may not go all the way down to 200, might stay in the 210 range, we will see how the rest of this month and March work for me.

Hope you continue to do well on IP, it works. My father in law was 374 and is now in the 250's and heading into the 240's and he started in June. My mother in law also has lost 60 lbs too. They look and feel amazing.
That is awesome about you and your family. I actually just got my mom started on an alternative version of IP Sunday. I have already changed some stuff up on my plan. I started using Isopure no carb shakes, bc you can split them and actually get more protein in their stuff. I also have some nectar singles that I have been using that I use to change it up some. I also added eating another protein during the day if I work out because I just don't have time to be sluggish right now because I'm in grad school, doing my internship, and I'm still managing my small business. IP has jump started my weightloss again. I'm still using one of the their products a day and doing most of the other stuff right. I watch my heartrate pretty closely and don't do to much but I try to keep it between 120-150. Glad to see some more guys on here.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:59 PM   #7  

Default Try Zero Carb Isopure

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post

Hey Juiceman11,
I hear you on cost. I have saved alot of money with Zero Carb Isopure @ Vitaminworld.com . I have bought several flavors, They are relly good. I eat Lettuce w/Walden Farms Dressing, BBQ from Walden's Makes for great tasting Chicken breast. They make them same food taste so different I'm So enjoying this Diet. 33lbs in 3 weeks. never hungry.
horse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:13 PM   #8  
Lineman to tight end

S/C/G: In-Shape start date: 2/10/11

Height: 6'4"

I weigh/measure Thursday for my second week on IP. It's been pretty easy and, as it happens, good for me. Where weight loss is concerned I'm one that requires a strict regimen.

Though I'm not lifting during this diet I've gone to the gym to measure strength. It's early but so far I've not lost anything that I can tell.
chris250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:43 AM   #9  

I'm on my own set of nutrition values keeping a 3-5 servings of fruit, 3-4 servings of vegetables a day, 2-3 servings of dairy, 3-5 servings of grain via whole wheat, and meat and lean protein via various sources with lots of water, and a vigorous level of strength increasing exercise and cardio on a very regular basis.

I anticipate having to focus entirely on muscle growth and minimal cardio with a change in calorie consumption in the very near future.
Ultreos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 01:50 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultreos View Post
I'm on my own set of nutrition values keeping a 3-5 servings of fruit, 3-4 servings of vegetables a day, 2-3 servings of dairy, 3-5 servings of grain via whole wheat, and meat and lean protein via various sources with lots of water, and a vigorous level of strength increasing exercise and cardio on a very regular basis.

I anticipate having to focus entirely on muscle growth and minimal cardio with a change in calorie consumption in the very near future.
I was wondering where you got the 184 number for a goal? That is some awesome weightloss too. Before I started doing what I am doing now I ate pretty much the same things that you are. Mostly organic too. Do you have any progress pictures, the reason I ask is that I'm 6'3. Have a great day and good luck with your progress.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:48 PM   #11  

I currently stand at 6'2 and 196 pounds and I sit at around 16 percent body fat. Assuming I lose 6 percent body fat that is about 12 pounds of weight which would put me at 184. I am really healthy right now, and I am proud of how far I have gone. But I know my body, and my mind, want to go further, and I have wanted to be the strong fighter type for a long time. Heh.

I do have some progress pictures though. From when I was 295, to video progress of my most recent attempts from 225 to 196. Sadly it looks like the videos can't be uploaded the ones I took with my web cam, so I will have to look into how to change them into a different file. But I have some pictures from beginning to current.

The more current one for the picture I am wearing my biggest pair of jeans I own that used to fit me when I weighed around 295 in both my at starting weight pictures and ending weight pictures as well as the over shirt that I wore in my larger self picture. Notice how it's not very easy to see the design of the shirt now that I have slimmed down as much as I have. The facial pictures speak for themselves.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 971761613_l.jpg (25.8 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 2.jpg (20.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 37.jpg (25.0 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 35.jpg (28.0 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 36.jpg (32.5 KB, 12 views)
Old 02-25-2011, 12:52 AM   #12  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

You're looking good Ultreos!

Did you have your BF measured professionally? I'm thinking about trying to find a local bod pod.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:19 AM   #13  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
I currently stand at 6'2 and 196 pounds and I sit at around 16 percent body fat. Assuming I lose 6 percent body fat that is about 12 pounds of weight which would put me at 184. I am really healthy right now, and I am proud of how far I have gone. But I know my body, and my mind, want to go further, and I have wanted to be the strong fighter type for a long time. Heh.

I do have some progress pictures though. From when I was 295, to video progress of my most recent attempts from 225 to 196. Sadly it looks like the videos can't be uploaded the ones I took with my web cam, so I will have to look into how to change them into a different file. But I have some pictures from beginning to current.

The more current one for the picture I am wearing my biggest pair of jeans I own that used to fit me when I weighed around 295 in both my at starting weight pictures and ending weight pictures as well as the over shirt that I wore in my larger self picture. Notice how it's not very easy to see the design of the shirt now that I have slimmed down as much as I have. The facial pictures speak for themselves.

Great results Ultreos!
juiceman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:45 AM   #14  

Default Great Job!!!

Quote:

That really is awesome!!! I would like to find a good way to really see my body fat. I have used tape and calipers but I would like to see a bod pod.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:12 PM   #15  

While not 100% accurate, there are body fat measurement devices inside many gyms that take your current weight (As in what you weigh that second) Your age, your height, and then give a measurement that has a chance of being off by 1-2%.

So while not a professional measurement it is worlds more accurate then say, a body fat measuring scale you can buy for your home. At least from my personal experience.

At 284-286 I intend to take a good look at my overall appearance, and then perhaps consult a doctor for a completely accurate measurement and decide if I want to, or should even risk going any further.

My main goal at that weight is to maintain the body fat that I have left, and focus almost solely on muscle strength increases. Assuming I can't lose more on my current ideas of nutrition and that my current body fat measuring device that is being used is in fact accurate enough that it is not guessing me lower then I actually am.