Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-17-2011, 12:52 PM   #1  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Angry Ready to throw my scale against the wall!!!!

ARGHHHHHHH! I hate my stupid scale...Its like yesterday for example: Im freaking mad and upset and depressed because i stepped on my scale after a week of not stepping on it and i hadnt moved.. i was stuck at 284...but then this morning i step on my scale and ive gone down to 283 and its like ARGHHHHH!!! STUPID EMOTION DRIVING sdgsgssdgstgwitdgs... A scale can seriously affect your emotions when trying to lose weight..i cant believe i was depressed all day and then today..yipppeee..only..arghhhh..cause i didnt have to be depressed yesterday..i just wanna throw it out and be done with it!!!! but then i will never know how im doing...and the whole meausrement thing..doesnt seem to work cause i can never meausre in the same spot...
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 12:57 PM   #2  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

i'm so sorry you're feeling this way. we all feel your pain. could you locate your bones and measure there? or use a pair of pants as a guide?

maybe for awhile you could just concentrate on being consistent. tracking your food, getting all your exercise. try to track anything you need to work on, or just 1 thing that's really important to you.

the scale LIES it says i gained from drinking WATER, of course it's not the real measure of how we are doing. and always remember, the number doesn't define us! you are not a failure! keep on truck'n mama! you can do this!
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 12:58 PM   #3  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

I suggest weighing yourself every day because over time you will see that the scale flucuates. I understand becoming emotionally involved in what it says TODAY but hopefully over time you will begin to understand that as long as you're following your diet and exercise program the weight will come off and what the scale says on a day to day basis is pretty irrelevant.

Hang in there!
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 12:59 PM   #4  
Undead Diva

S/C/G: 185/ticker/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Like a lot of people do, don't be concerned with day to day fluctuations. Go by trends in weight, it's a much much better indicator of weight loss and you only need to look at your weight once a day to record it and forget about it until the end of one of two weeks.
MadameZombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 01:01 PM   #5  
Jeri

S/C/G: 286/142.6/150/new goal 140

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
I suggest weighing yourself every day because over time you will see that the scale flucuates. I understand becoming emotionally involved in what it says TODAY but hopefully over time you will begin to understand that as long as you're following your diet and exercise program the weight will come off and what the scale says on a day to day basis is pretty irrelevant.

Hang in there!
This is what I do, too. For me, it really takes the power back from the scale. It's just a number that gives a snap shot of where I was at that moment on that day. On days that I'm up and feeling a little down about it, I can look back on my weight charts and see the ups and downs of the whole process and it really makes it easier to take.
eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 01:04 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 295/278/160

Height: 5'7

OMG I know right? We're walking the same line. Mine hadn't moved in days and days, and then I got on today, and I am down 3lbs from yesterday!

Scales are dumb, throw rocks at them :P
OhMyDogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 01:35 PM   #7  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Have you read our EXCELLENT thread on why the scale fluctuates? Really, what you're looking for is not a steady, daily downward number. Overall, if the trend over a few weeks is good, you're losing (even if one day or another the scale stays low).

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...er-weight.html

If you're not able to weigh daily without losing your mind, why not weigh once a week?
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 01:40 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

ummm you dropped a pound so no worries. weighing yourself everyday seriously helps and weighing yourself early in the morning is more accurate. weight naturally fluctuates a few pounds through out the week and can be seriously affected by PMS or TOM. just look at the long term trends and don't freak out if a pound does or not come off when you want it to. things will get a lot tougher the more weight you lose. XD
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 02:51 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

The scale gets in my head too, sometimes. It's For sure. If you want you and it to survive the weight loss intact you have to learn to roll with it a little easier. I admit I still get frustrated when it doesn't move (or goes up!) and excited when it goes down, but I have learned to have a more even keel about all of it... Good luck!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:01 AM   #10  
One Day At A Time

Height: 5.6

I am with you on that one! I haven't got a scale and its better because then i am concerned with numbers and what i should be really concerned with is what i put in my mouth and why and how active i am in my day. I have an opportunity to check my weight at the end of March and I am thinking should I do it, should I wait and learn patience and perseverance... we shall see.

Just forget the scale, it is obviously painful, you don't want to be in pain do you?
hope for recovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:21 AM   #11  
Amazing Revelations

S/C/G: 272/ticker/161

Height: 5ft 7

i feel your frustration!
how im coping with it is this... i cannot control what number the scale flashes. all i can control is what i eat and drink, and how active i am. if i eat healthy, and exercise well, the weight loss should come naturally. im not going to focus too much on the scale just now. obviously if a month or sometime passes with me sticking to my plan with no weight loss i may have to reevaluate, or see my doctor for some advice. if you know in your heart you are doing what you should and putting in the effort, you have no reason to worry. do you keep a journal of your calories? it really helps, its amazing how they add up through the day.
MissSMcC is offline   Reply With Quote