Old 02-17-2011, 12:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 299/263/150

Height: 5' 4"

Default Shopping for clothes is not my favorite thing to do.

Khaki pants. That's all I needed; just one pair of khaki pants. I went to four stores with no luck. And I went to the right kind of stores. The ones that carry my size. I love Kohl's but they only had capris. It's February!

So, I finally found what I was looking for at Sear's. They had my size, petite length and they don't look like old lady clothes (lol) like some might think.

Now, the most frustrating part was the dressing room. I can't really be upset at the stores that I don't like the way I look in anything. I'm frustrated with myself that I started strong this year and now I've gotten way off track. As much as I'd like to play the blame game I know it's all me.

I'm going to do everything I can this weekend to get back on track: grocery shopping, planning and organizing.
gagirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 07:54 AM   #2  
Devilish Little Thing

S/C/G: 246/ticker/145

Height: 5ft5

Totally understand! To be honest, if I start to go off the path the best motivation for me is to go to the store and try on clothes. I hate doing it, I get frustrated and angry (my husband refuses to go with me fore this reason - I'm like a beast!) that nothing fits me the way I want it to and it makes me buckle down and get back on track. So I feel your pain! Good Luck!
willowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 10:33 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Yeah all the stores seem to have switched over the spring already, it's still freezing outside!! I was looking for a sweater and all they had was sleeveless tops. Anyhow I've been where you are lots of times, trying on stuff that just does not work! Clothing has always been a huge motivator for me, so keep that thought in your head as you work your plan - you can do this!!
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 11:01 AM   #4  
Undead Diva

S/C/G: 185/ticker/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Plan, plan, plan. That is the secret, I found! The one thing that keeps me motivated is knowing that I don't have to tell my cells how to use the food I put in my mouth. All I have to do is plan what is going in it and then not think about it and the success just happens. I know how you feel, I HATE shopping for clothes and shoes (I have huge feet!). I'm glad you found something though! Don't worry... You will lose the weight if you stick to plan, the human body works in fairly predictable ways. I hope you get motivated!
MadameZombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:59 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 270/235/TBD

Height: 5'4

I understand - I hate clothes shopping! I am really, really looking forward to the day when buying a pair of trousers isn't a nightmare chore.
ElisabethCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:47 AM   #6  

Height: 5'4"

I totally know how awful clothes shopping can be. But hooray for you using it as a motivator! You can do it!
Monkeysocks is offline   Reply With Quote