Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-15-2011, 03:45 PM   #1  

Talking Back Again

Hello all, I am back yet again, last go around I was with the Atkins folks, couldn't do that, but am now doing my own calorie counting and so far, so good. I know I put weight on over the holidays, but am back to where I was when I gave up Atkins. Looking for support to keep going, hoping to lose enough to be more comfy in summer clothes for vacation. Any and all support is appreciated

Zaftig Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 03:51 PM   #2  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

Welcome back! I hope you have a successful weight loss journey. I count calories (I did Atkins way back in the day) and I find it much easier than Atkins (for me, anyway). Good luck to you!
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 03:54 PM   #3  

Thanks Emme! Congrats to you, amazing progress you have made!
Old 02-15-2011, 04:53 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 183/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7

hey welcome back! i tried Atkins for like a day. I just couldn't hack it. I love my bread! LOL

I am trying the counting calorie thing. Seems to be working better for me too. Good luck with everything. You can do it!
CosmicGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 04:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/10

Height: 5'2

Hey Zaftig! I remember you from around the Atkins forums. I'm glad you found something that works for you. I personally love Atkins, but I can see how some may consider it too restrictive. I've thought the same thing from time to time.

Good luck!
Linsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 05:01 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

Welcome back! Glad to hear that you managed to keep all the weight off even when you weren't on plan and get yourself back on board before things got out of hand. That isn't something most people manage to do. Hope calorie count continues to work for you and you finally get the results you're looking for. Best of luck!
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 06:06 AM   #7  

Thanks for the warm welcomes! So far so good, I am trying to see this as a healthier way to eat for life, not a diet as those have proven unsuccessful in the past.

I am focusing on veggies, lots of veggies, whole grain fiber and lean proteins, with some fruit for dessert. I actually feel better even though I haven't really lost much. I do allow myself a treat on the weekends, within reason, this way I don't feel too deprived. Now to add some exercise to the program.