Old 02-15-2011, 09:32 AM   #1  

Default Share daily menu please

I am just curious what people are eating on a daily basis and having great success? Also do we have to count drinks into our points like if we have juice or a diet soda? thanks so much
QuackyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:15 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 175/141.5/125

Height: 5'3

In the morning I have a mashed up banana on toast with a lil honey and a skinny iced latte. It's the Only thing I have that's a repeat from day to day. It's just sooo yummy.
catahoula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:15 AM   #3  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Yes you do have to count the points for soda and juice. You count your points even for BLT's (bites, licks, & tastes)

One of my staples is egg beaters with onion & green pepper topped with salsa for breakfast. Lunch repeaters I like to make a wrap with 100 cal tortilla, ww cream cheese, chopped onion and 3 thin slices of deli ham and I usually have an apple or some fruit as snack. Dinner I try to always have to large servings of veggies and 3 oz of protien.
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:13 PM   #4  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

I'm on the flex plan so point values may be different from yours.

29 DP-
Breakfast: 1 english muffin with 1 egg, 1 slice 2% cheese and 2-3 slices canadian bacon with 1/2 oz LF/FF cream cheese- 7 points.

Snack: 1/2 cup yogurt with 1 cup fruit- 3 points

Lunch: 1 flatout wrap, 5 turkey slices, 1 tbsp light mayo, some mustard, half of roma tomatoes and lettuce with some celery and 1 wedge of laughing cow garlic and herb- 6 points.

Snack: Light string cheese- 2 points.

Dinner: Tilapia with 1/2 tsp olive oil and lemon juice along with seasoning, 1 cup of cauliflower/broccoli with ICBNIB spray and baked potato with 1/2 oz LF cheese and light sour cream- 8

Dessert: cupcake with SF cherry pie filling- 3
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:17 PM   #5  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuackyLove View Post
I am just curious what people are eating on a daily basis and having great success? Also do we have to count drinks into our points like if we have juice or a diet soda? thanks so much
Yes, definitely have to count juice even the "light" ones with 50 calories per 8oz. My OJ is about 2 points per 8oz so not too bad. I don't count diet soda nor my tea made with splenda, though. I also don't count my crystal light drinks until it reaches 30-50 calories then that's 1 point for me.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 06:33 AM   #6  

I'm so glad someone started this thread...I love seeing what everyone is eating- it gives me new ideas!
litar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 09:13 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 219/179/130

Height: 5'3

I get 33 points per day on pointsplus and I like to plan to eat around 6 times per day. With that in mind, I try to keep my main meals about 6 points and then 3 points for snacks 3 times a day in between. I don't follow this to a T...you know, one snack could be 2 points and 4 for another or the main meals might be between 5 and 7 points. I just find that looking at the numbers this way gives you a good idea of the portion sizes you should be eating throughout the day.

Breakfast- Eggs or oatmeal typically. I try to change it up though and make them in all kinds of different ways.

Snack- Quaker mini rice cakes in cheese flavor (I love these crunchy snacks! 9 cakes are 2 points but I'll usually pack 2 servings for 4 points)

Lunch- Salad with chicken(4 points) and lite ranch(2 points) and whatever other veggies I'd like, or chicken in a tomato sauce or a sandwich with wheat bread (4 points for two slices), some kind of sliced meat(usually 2 points), mustard, lettuce and pickles or even a lean cuisine (5-6 points) if I'm in a really big hurry. I do eat a LOT of chicken but that is because I'm a picky eater! I don't like seafood at all and if I have beef it's usually for dinner.

Snack- Yogurt with fruit or a protein bar

Dinner- Last night I made a meatless chili that just had beans (2 points for 1/2 cup), orzo (3 points for 1/4 cup raw), diced canned tomatoes, onion, garlic, chili powder and cumin. It makes a decent serving for low points and was quick to make and I even have points left for sour cream! Sometimes if I didn't have chicken at lunch time, I'll bake or grill chicken and have that with some kind of veggies. Steak tacos on wheat tortillas are good too!

Snack/dessert- I rarely have dessert but I keep weight watchers ice cream sandwiches (4 points) and fudge ice cream bars (3 points) in the freezer for when I'm craving it. They're actually good! Sometimes my last snack is before dinner and sometimes it's after...just depends on what hours I'm working that day and how early dinner is made. My family eats dinner at 7 or 8 usually so I'll need a snack before then. If I'm at my boyfriend's house, his mom makes dinner at 5 or 6 so I definitely need a snack later!
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote