Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 02-06-2011, 03:34 AM   #1  

Smile Does the 6 week body makeover kit really work?

I am curious if the 6 week body makeover really works. I ordered the system last week and I am just waiting for it to get here so I can start using it. I hope it works but I would really like to hear if it worked for any one and if the weight stays off. I am also curious if it is hard to stick to. I have tried so many different diets and none work I would like to find one so I can feel better about myself.
rabbleness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 05:32 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

I tried it a couple of years ago and it worked for me. I lost 20 lbs but as soon as I finished the 6 weeks, I gained it all back again. It's pretty strict but it forces you to eat foods that are good for you, so that's a good thing. And of course, you're going to have to cook more often than not, that said, I was pretty satisfied in what the menus were and how much I ate. I couldn't stay on the program because, I can't eat that much protein any longer and I became a vegetarian, it really doesn't work for vegetarians.
TheMeIwant2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:03 PM   #3  

Thank you for your feed back. I am having some trouble because I do not know how I am suppose to get my calcium since I can't drink milk.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:02 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 280/274/199

Height: 5'5"

I did this program 2 years ago, although I bought it a couple years before that but could never get serious about it, it is very strict.

I lost 30lbs pretty quickly, and saw a loss daily which was wonderful to see. I really got into and enjoyed the menus once I adapted my tastes (No matter what your 'type' it is essentially No Sugar, No {bad} Fat, No Salt.) I remember eating small amounts chicken, broccoli and brown rice, or chicken with spinach and lemon juice, about 6 times a day. These were pretty much the only options I liked from the food choices they gave me for my 'type', but I chose to be picky and I got used to it.

It is really clean eating because just about anything processed has salt and/or sugar! I did have to get used to making ALL of my own condiments and learned to love the home made mustard recipe, I still make it sometimes!

If I remember correctly their forum was an excellent source of recipes/ideas for on plan foods.

I had enough of a time focusing on the eating aspect and did not do the resistance bands (also at the time I was living in tight quarters with no place with space AND a doorjam. Poor excuse I know.) So 30 pounds later I didn't actually LOOK any better, just felt great!

I would recommend this program to someone who can live eating clean. Many people do it, many people love it, but it isn't for everyone and its not for everyone for life. ya know?
BigBlueStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 05:35 PM   #5  

It is difficult to cut out all the bad foods over night but how do u stay away from sweets and milk which you need for calcium.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:34 PM   #6  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

FYI - you don't need milk for calcium. Many foods have calcium in them. A large percentage of the world's population doesn't eat dairy and countries with low dairy intake also have low incidence of osteoporosis.

Here is a guideline from the government, scoll down to Appendix B-4 for high sources of calcium:
http://www.health.gov/dietaryguideli.../appendixb.htm
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:39 PM   #7  

S/C/G: Check My Ticker! :D

I've decided when I get paid on Friday, I'm ordering this. I'll keep you updated on my progress when I can!
redreine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 12:36 AM   #8  

OMG SO MAD.

I ordered, but that commercial is such false advertising. Almost nothing they show in the commercial is actually in the kit, it's all extra. I didn't even order all of it, just some, and still ended up getting charged 255 bucks! I'm seriously considering canceling my order, because that's ridiculous.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:38 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/145

i did it and i lost weight but i had a huge problem as i cant eat eggs,fish chicken and turkey and having to have protien all day long becasue of my blueprint i had to modify it.. i learned quickly it had nothing to do with my blue print body type i ate protien 5 times aday with breakfast snack lunch snack and dinner made me full it was only 2-3 oz of protien and i was full all the time so the weight did fall off i lost 10 pounds the first week and was full.save your money and just add a small amount of protien to your diet to every meal and you will be full you must eat every 2 1/2 to 3 hours just like the 3 hour diet from jorge cruise. i know that eating that often i was always full and lost weight like crazy..but in all honesty its soooooooo hard to eat every 3 hours i have a hard time making it a habit. but being over forty and perimenopausal weight loss is very hard.
ratucker5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:47 PM   #10  

Not everyone loses weight the same way, so saying "just add protein to your diet" isn't a good idea.
I'm starting the program on Monday, and still plan to post updates here.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:52 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by redreine View Post
OMG SO MAD.

I ordered, but that commercial is such false advertising. Almost nothing they show in the commercial is actually in the kit, it's all extra. I didn't even order all of it, just some, and still ended up getting charged 255 bucks! I'm seriously considering canceling my order, because that's ridiculous.
ah no!! half the time the infomercials are very good at scamming people out of their money by overcharging for shipping and handling, or by delivering shoddy material, and other stuff like that. if you can, places like amazon offer these products too and you can buy them from more reputable sellers .
abejune23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 02:55 PM   #12  

Default Weight Loss on 6 wk Body Makeover

Last year I met a lady at a Weight Watchers meeting who had lost 65lbs on the 6 week body makeover diet but she had gained all her weight back.

I tried it myself some years ago but didn't succeed because it was very restrictive and I got tired of preparing and eating all of those little meals. It was hard to eat multiple smaller meals at work. I also didn't like the very low sodium meals.
Shirlangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:10 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 212/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

get calcium tablets. i can't stand milk and thats how i get my calcium.
jamber1234 is offline   Reply With Quote