Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2003, 08:38 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default **week Of April 20th**

Good Morning!!!
Happy Easter Everyone!!!

Tech--SUch a cute pic!!! Is that your dog???

Well...I know the oldies on the thread remember my friend that is missing?? Well..yesterday was 5 yrs and still nothing..It was all in the paper again...We have a serial killer around that has murdered 5 women in this area and they are trying to connect it to him..I have no clue!!!

Liz--Hope you got your keys back!!! That is a bummer to be stuck at work.

Well..I bought no candy this year for Easter...then #2 came home with a book sack to the rim of candy..NO JOKE...I just recycled it again into their baskets...She doesnt remember anything about the candy...It is sad to me cuz mentally, she doesnt even understand Easter or Christmas...

Rabbit--I would have munched the peanut butter!!! Glad U bought something U didnt like!!!

Well...yesterday I dropped my truck off to get an oil change and walked home 2 miles..Only excercise for the day..Of course, my mom was furious with this killer running around. I guess it was stupid...I will stick to the club from now on!!!!

HAVE A GREAT EASTER EVERYONE!!!!!!
RR

Last edited by RoadRunner; 04-20-2003 at 08:45 AM.
Old 04-20-2003, 08:46 AM   #2  

Had to spread some Easter cheer!!!!!
Old 04-20-2003, 09:19 AM   #3  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good Morning!!

It's a beautiful morning here. Hope everyone else's is just as nice.

Hollie: Hello. Welcome! I see you posted in the Bio section. Please come post with us on the weekly thread. This is where we do all of our "chatting". Hope to see you here.

I'm going to try to talk DH into taking the dog for a walk when he finishes his breakfast. *I* had a bowl of cereal, he's in the kitchen making waffles. I can't have them 'cause of my sugar so the poor man does keep trying to make them for himself. Then I have to spend 1/2 hour cleaning the kitchen.

RR: Cute pic. How did you get the Easter Bunny to sit still that long? I'm so sorry about your friend. The anniversary must be awful hard to get through. Please take care of yourself!! Don't be doing silly stuff with a psycho out there.

Happy Easter everyone.
Old 04-20-2003, 06:06 PM   #4  

HAPPY EASTER!

Everyone has gone home. Whew. Had fun. Stuffed.

My word for the day is: NO THANK YOU.

Karen - yes it was to remind me of ds' graduation, the party, the people I'll be seeing that I don't see often and how I'd like to look.

Tech - your pic was cute.

RR - I remember your missing friend. Hard to believe it has been 5 years. That is so sad. You be careful. ~ Loved the picture.

Rabbit

Now I'll spread a little Easter cheer. Hmm. I tried to attach a picture, but they said the file was too big.
Old 04-20-2003, 08:54 PM   #5  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Hope everyone had a great Easter!! We had a pretty (long) good day. It started when Peter woke up at 6:00 AM. We had to hurry and get us all bathed and dressed for church, and get out of the house by 7:00!! We got out by 7:10. After church we went to my BIL & SIL's for brunch, then home for a quick stop, then to the rehab to see Gran and the rest of the family. For such a busy day, Peter was really good. DH & I are pretty tired.

Rabbit- Can you make the pic smaller? If you want, I can make it smaller for you, just email it to me @ [email protected].

RR- Cute pic!! I totally forgot to have Peter's pic taken with the Eatser Bunny! I remember your friend, it's a shame they never solved that...hopefully this new wave of terror is not the same guy.
Old 04-21-2003, 08:55 AM   #6  

Hi everyone,
Well everything worked out (like it always does) but not before I was totally frustrated (obviously!! ) I never got ahold of DH so I finally just gave up and went home only to find him working on his truck in the driveway. His first words were "why are you just now getting home" -- not a good thing to say. So after chewing his butt out for not checking his pager and not answering the phone and not telling me he was leaving work early I fixed myself a cold beer and relaxed. I talked with my boss on Fri morning before we went out of town and he had my keys and everything was fine so I didn't have to worry about it anymore. Fri there was a big luncheon and the guy who took my keys was there. Several times during lunch everyone stood up and shook their keys at him just to give him a hard time. I feel much better now.

I had a great weekend and didn't eat too much. I had a couple pieces of candy yesterday but I went for my longest ever rollerblading on Saturday morning so I didn't feel too guilty. I think all in all I did almost 20 miles. My legs and rear were killing me when it was over. The weather was so beautiful and I was on an awesome Rails to Trails path -- I just didn't want to stop.

LBH, you need to send me a private message and teach me how to attach pics. I've tried several times and can't figure it out. It must be the blonde in me!!

Rabbit, Don't you mean wordS for day?? I love being with family and friends over the holidays. But I also love it when it's over. We went to the in-laws and spent Easter with four of DH's nieces and nephews. It was lots of fun.

Karen, did you get that walk in?? We had a beautiful weekend in FL also. We shaved the dog last weekend so I need to start taking her on more walks. I got tired before cuz she always managed to get covered in stickers and seed pods.

RR, adorable picture!!! I'm sorry about your friend -- that's terrible. Please be careful and stay safe.

Tech, what a sweet dog!! My little pup had so much fun chasing the kids around all weekend. She slept the whole two hour drive home, then had dinner, and slept the rest of the night.

Have a great week everyone!!
Old 04-21-2003, 10:48 AM   #7  
LBH

Liz, PM'd you.

Dani, I PM'd you awhile ago, if you're lurking!
Old 04-21-2003, 11:58 AM   #8  
Donna

Hello Everyone,

Hope you all had a good Holiday . We had K's sister and her family over for dinner. Tried a bunch of new recipies from Cooking Light so I feel like I spent the whole weekend cooking. Not really. It was fun I really enjoy doing that. Was over on points but not too bad and I was very proud of myself that I drank water until dinner time even though I really wanted a glass of wine. I'll take my win's where I can find them. We went for a walk this morning since this evening it's supposed to get ichy and cool again, so I'm feeling pretty good about things. We'll see how I feel after WW tomorrow .

Liz - Glad you got your keys back and that everything worked out in the end. Our dog's always sleep well after a day out at my folks, they live on a lake so....

RR - What a cute picture of DD. Rudy was K's before we got married but I guess now he's mine. I had a black lab mix and a cat, so now we have 3.

LBH - Sounds like you had a busy Easter. Hope it was fun too.

Rabbit - How did the "No Thank You" go?

Karen - I'm pretty suprised at how well our dog's get along with the baby. They just don't like it when he cries. My sister went to a class where they recommended bringing home a tape of a baby crying to get the animals used to the sound. Don't know how that works.

Have a great week everyone

-Tech

Last edited by TechAlum; 04-21-2003 at 12:02 PM.
Old 04-21-2003, 02:51 PM   #9  

The beginning of the week is just so nutty! Too much to do and not enough time.

My word for the day is: SISTER

Lauren - wow, you sure all got up early and went out yesterday! Hard to do with a baby!

Liz - glad it all worked out. ~ Yeah on the rollerblading!

Tech - you have to celebrate all the wins! ~ Not so good on the "no thank you". I've been writing the word in the middle of my journal and highlighting it. ~ Good luck on your weigh in.

RABBIT
Old 04-21-2003, 03:49 PM   #10  

Glad to see everyone had a nice Easter Mine was quiet but nice. DD was sad because her Dad didn't call or send a card, nothing new there. Same thing happened on Valentines Day. She is feeling better though By the way, she didn't get sick in the car but she didn't smell very good

RR - Loved the pic Sorry about your friend

Karen - I can totally relate to the kitchen thing, when my DH 'cooks' he manages to destroy the kitchen in the process. Of course he doesn't think so

Liz - Glad the car key thing worked out

Rabbit - I didn't do so good with the "no thank you" either

Tech - I like to cook and experiment with new recipes too. Sometimes I feel like I live in the kitchen

OH..........I almost forgot I had applied for another job a few weeks ago, it is a nice promotion with higher promotion potiental down the road. I almost didn't apply because I didn't think I was qualified enough for the position. Anyway, I got a call Friday for a interview on the 29th! Really did not expect to even get a interview. Keep your fingers crossed

Ellie
Old 04-21-2003, 06:15 PM   #11  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys,

Ellie: Congrats on the interview. Hope it works out well for you. DH is cute, he did *try* to clean up the kitchen. He just doesn't see half of the mess.

Tech: Hmm. Wonder where I can get a tape of a baby crying. Maybe from LBH? We have diapers packed to have in with the baby then bring home to her. We'll see.

Liz: Yep, we got in the walk. Turned out to be just me and the dog but we had a good time. She seemed to understand that I just couldn't go that fast and didn't pull a lot. I appreciated that part. She's a Rottie and boy, can she pull.

Rabbit: Good luck on whatever has you so busy.

OK, hope I didn't forget anyone. Hope everyone has had a lovely day. Looks like we are back to cool and rainy here. UGH.
Old 04-21-2003, 06:33 PM   #12  

Hi all. What a cute bunny pic. I really am glad I found this community. I feel good about posting here. I had tried another support group previous to this one, but it just wasn't for me. I don't like getting attacked for my personal beliefs. Anyhoo, Easter Sunday was a terrific day for me. I spent the day with my mom who is visiting us from California. I had been doing so well with busting sugar out of my diet, that I had a piece of cheesecake and then later on in the evening, a treat at Dairy Queen. Boy am I paying for it today. My body went into sugar shock. I've been in bed all day. Golly, what was I thinking?! I'm kicking myself for my stupidity. But as my best friend said, it was a lesson learned and now I'll know for next time, when my eyes want the cheesecake, my stomach will be reminded of the pain of today, and I'll be able to push it away.
Old 04-22-2003, 09:05 AM   #13  

Welcome to the group Hollie!!! We all make that sugar mistake and pay for it later!!! Another is greasy food mistakes.THat is what kills me!!!!

Well..Easter was great but too much food!!! My parents make food, food and food!!! The turkey dressing and the chocolate cake did it!!!!
Off work today with a sick one...Darn ears are killing us!!!
Well off for breakfast...STarting a new week soo will eat better this week!!!!8 more lbs to go to be a marriage weight!!!Then I will get pg again!!! and start over!!!!
Have a great day!!
RR
Old 04-22-2003, 09:44 AM   #14  
LBH

Hi All,

Hollie- Welcome!! Glad you had a good Easter! I love cheesecake, NY style! Although after not having sugar, it probably wasn't a good idea to have cheesecake AND DQ!! We're such gluttens for punishment sometimes, right?!

How did you get a siggy in there like that, I didn't know we could use siggy cards like that on this board!

Karen- Your DH would run for the hills if I gave you a tape of Peter crying!! You could pop a tape recorder in the nursery at the hospital for a little bit and use that!! Like having a chorus of crying babies!! Be careful walking the dog soo near the end, especially since she pulls a lot.

Ellie- Good luck at the interview, I'll be praying for you!!

Rabbit- Sister drivnig you nuts, or just thinking about her?

Tech- Good for you, sticking to the water and doing your best on Easter, especially since you had to do all the cooking!!

Have a great day all!! It's back to dreary here, but I think it's supposed to clear up later!
Old 04-22-2003, 10:56 AM   #15  
Donna

Happy Tues Everyone,

Yesterday went OK, not great but OK.... Tonight is WW so hopefully I'll see a loss, my rings are tight today (PMS ) so I don't know, I do know I did pretty well all week so.....

I made Brussel sprouts for Easter, and even K who swore he'd never eat Brussel sprouts liked them . We had the l/o last night and they were good. Oh well, not so lucky with the scalloped potatos ....

Hollie - Welcome!!! I liked the poem at the end it was pretty funny. Cheesecake is one of my weeknesses too. Usually we order it at the restaraunt and split a piece that way I don't eat a whole cake

RR - Sorry about the baby, hope she feels better soon.

Rabbit - Can I borrow your word for the day mine's been driving me nuts.

Karen - Congrats on getting in your walk!! Don't all dog's pull???? Mine's a black lab mix with we think pit bull and he'll pull all out on a prong collar. He's such a goon, I figure it gives me my upper body workout too .

LBH - K cooked the meat, and his sister brought salad, I just did the sides and desert. Cool and rainy here too, summer will come eventually and then we'll be complaining about the heat .

Have a great week everyone.

-Tech

Martha Stewart says: Cure for headaches: Take a lime, cut it in half and rub it on your forehead. The throbbing will go away.

Real Women say: Take a lime, mix it with tequila, chill and drink. You might still have the headache, but who cares?
Closed Thread