Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 02-09-2011, 06:42 PM   #1  
Hungry Hungry Dancer

S/C/G: tickertickerticker

Height: 5'4"

Default I Love The Bar Method

does anyone else on here do the bar method workouts ?? they are amazing...the first exercise i have ever done that i can't wait to do ...i go to sleep like it's christmas eve and my gift is waking up to do the bar method....i just do it from home..i use a ballet barre bc i also am a dancer and happen to have one, but you really do not need one at all, you can use a sturdy chair..waist level will be most comfortable and there are usually 2 people in the dvds also using chairs....AND the dvds are pretty cheap too, actually the cheapest from the official bar method website (20$)..even less than on amazon..weird, i know..but true !

ok...so before i continue to go on and on about the awesomeness of the bar method i will calm down a bit <----me

the results are so encouraging and you really reeeeally feel it the next day and it is the only workout that has had me making all sorts of noises....people walking by my house while i'm working out probably get startled along their way

it is my main workout, plus zumba
blueballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:44 PM   #2  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Wow, that is quite a testimonial! Thanks for posting. I will look into it. What's the name of the dvd so that I can look for it on amazon? I just checked and there were quite a few and I actually found them to be pricey. Here is the link: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...bar+method+dvd

Thanks!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:35 PM   #3  
Hungry Hungry Dancer

they are wayyyyyy overpriced on amazon..which has never occurred with any product i've bought through amazon except these dvds....but the dvds cost only 20$ on the actual official bar method website - http://www.thebarmethod.com/ ....which i think is like half the cost of what amazon is charging (except for those crazy ones charging over a 100$ ..that is nuts !)

the ones i have done are fat free/designer sculpting and the new beginners dvd....my favorite is the fat free dvd, which i actually found to be easier than the beginners dvd..?? ...probably bc the instructor (and founder of the bar method) explains things way better than the guy instructing the beginners video

another great testimonial is the founder of the bar method herself ! she is in her 60's..look at pictures of her and see her in her videos and WOW...she looks half her age..sometimes even less than that...you can find clips of the videos on youtube, and you'll see what i mean....it is pretty amazing..and she has been doing these types of workouts since the 80s

i find all sorts of reasons to go to the room where my barre is just to do a few of the exercises myself and to stretch, whether i am doing a full video or not......i think it is so motivating because you know that the workout is having an effect and that means >results<

Last edited by blueballerina; 02-09-2011 at 09:38 PM.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:50 PM   #4  
trying to impress myself

S/C/G: 296/see ticker!/140

the reason why the fat free and designer sculpting are expensive is b/c they're not making them anymore

blueballerina, are the newer dvds similar? and do you need a barre?
fillupthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:11 PM   #5  
Hungry Hungry Dancer

no you do not need a barre....the best substitute for a barre is a sturdy chair that comes to about waist level

and yes, the newer dvds are similar, though i have only done the new beginners dvd but i am interested in getting the other new ones...whenever i do i'll be sure to post something about them....i liked fat free more than the beginner's dvd though.. i don't know why but i thought the beginner's dvd was actually harder than fat free or designer sculpting..maybe that's a good thing though

i think another of the earlier ones is called "change your body" and the accelerated workout..which they still sell on their website for a little less than the newer dvds
Old 04-26-2014, 06:58 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 292/278.9/170

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

They now have a online subscription so you can access new videos every week :-) I love it! Nothing makes me feel this good!
Cath138 is offline   Reply With Quote