Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 04:23 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default IP Daily Chat - Wednesday, 9 February 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Happy Hump day! To see what big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed yesterday: IP Daily Chat - Tuesday, 8 February 2011
Old 02-09-2011, 06:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Wow! first post of the day I am very happy to report that just 4 days since I Have returned from holidays, and ALL the holiday weight is now GONE!... Like i have mentioned, I am back on the IP program full force now, to reach my goal........ and hoping my body has not created a new 'set point' for itself.... the 167 - 169 range...that I will have to work so hard to get out of... but I will do it! It is a GREAT feeling to now know...I can go on holiday..... or out to dinner and KNOW what to eat...and yes... if I go off plan.... and right back on the next day.... its all ok> I will not panic if there is a bit of 'sauce' on my meat ......no way. I used to.......... its not worth it... life is too short. I am not saying dont be careful...cause it all adds up. But dont sweat the small stuff. I have read Dr. Trans' site, and he mentions that if you have a night 'off' just to get back on plan immediately the next day. I spent 7 full days of unlimited drinks and a buffet that would boggle your mind. I went to the pasta bar, yes I did !!!! but ordered 1/2 of the size of serving normally given.... I DID take a slice of thin crust pizza.... but ONE. lots of veggies were the norm.... and YES........ I took some pineapple and some watermelon..... I even ate 1.5 pieces of a brownie during one a la carte dinner on the resort.... !!!! I walked a lot on the beach...and the resort was so large, you HAD to walk a lot or take the shuttle.... we only took it if we were really exhausted, or it was raining...so walking a lot was on the schedule I am so glad I did what I did.......but was still careful.....now its onward towards goal. so to everyone heading off to thier own little piece of paradise... Jamaica etc....... ENJOY it........... when we are in our last days, and look back at our life, I dont think we want to remember our vacations with our loved ones with the thought of ' at least i only ate SALAD'......hhahah. That is my personal rant... have a GREAT IP day everyone.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:40 AM   #3  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default Welcome Back

Welcome back, LOSINGFORGOOD2010! I did the same thing at the first of the year. Congrats on the quick and great come back.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:42 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatAnts View Post
Welcome back, LOSINGFORGOOD2010! I did the same thing at the first of the year. Congrats on the quick and great come back.
Thankyou! is it not amazing to know this plan works so well?
Old 02-09-2011, 08:18 AM   #5  

WHERE is Carla?
Old 02-09-2011, 08:29 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 247 / 247 / 180

Height: 5'6

GOOOD Morning everyone!!!

First of all LOSINGFORGOOD2010 You look AMAZING. I really hope you enjoyed yourself on your trip!!!
I had such a good week last week I surprised myself everyday! I stuck to protocol and saw the scale go DOWN. Even on the weekend filled with b-day parties...I ordered steak veggies and drank Perrier with crystal light instead of the good old vodka lime and so on...and it wasn't even hard! I was so proud!
Yesterday morning I felt horrible..didn't go to work decided to go weigh myself...-5!!!!!!!! I was soo happy I was doing the happy dance going down the stairs.... Go figure that at that moment I went downstairs celebrated made a peanut butter sandwich for my boyfriend..and next thing you know I am licking the knife and almost going for a second scoop...WHAT THE ****!!!!!!! I am such an emotional eater it's not even funny! I lose weight and want to eat...serious issues going up in there!
My boyfriend looked at me with big eyes and it was like the movies..I put down the knife sloooowly and just looked at it and started saying NO NO NO NO YOU COULD DO THIS LOLLLL geez louiseeee! Anywho It tasted good, got my taste buds satisfied and my guilt up high too but what is done is done right and I will just look at this and remind myself that I did right this whole time,..I can do it right one day at a time I am seeing this a learning experience!

I hope you all have a FANTASSSTIC IP day my friends
xoxoxox

Last edited by CutieEli; 02-09-2011 at 08:30 AM.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:30 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 207/184/160

Height: 5'8

Default good morning

I have not posted lately, but I read everyone's posts everyday. I am 6 weeks into program and am down 20 lbs! I love this way of eating.

I am trying new veggies. Getting bored with same old romaine, cucumber and celery salads.

I did not go to my weigh in yesterday. I am frustrated with the two different coaches that are at the clinic. They do not take their time measuring me, seems like they are too bothered to take any time with me. Thinking of going on with this solo. It is a lot of money to spend to get poor service. I can weigh myself. The problem is the products, I have been researching other products. It appears that you can get similar products if you stick to the basics like puddings and soups. Any comments?

Have a great day!

Linda
Old 02-09-2011, 08:38 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 201/147/155

Height: 5"9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
Wow! first post of the day I am very happy to report that just 4 days since I Have returned from holidays, and ALL the holiday weight is now GONE!... Like i have mentioned, I am back on the IP program full force now, to reach my goal........ and hoping my body has not created a new 'set point' for itself.... the 167 - 169 range...that I will have to work so hard to get out of... but I will do it! It is a GREAT feeling to now know...I can go on holiday..... or out to dinner and KNOW what to eat...and yes... if I go off plan.... and right back on the next day.... its all ok> I will not panic if there is a bit of 'sauce' on my meat ......no way. I used to.......... its not worth it... life is too short. I am not saying dont be careful...cause it all adds up. But dont sweat the small stuff. I have read Dr. Trans' site, and he mentions that if you have a night 'off' just to get back on plan immediately the next day. I spent 7 full days of unlimited drinks and a buffet that would boggle your mind. I went to the pasta bar, yes I did !!!! but ordered 1/2 of the size of serving normally given.... I DID take a slice of thin crust pizza.... but ONE. lots of veggies were the norm.... and YES........ I took some pineapple and some watermelon..... I even ate 1.5 pieces of a brownie during one a la carte dinner on the resort.... !!!! I walked a lot on the beach...and the resort was so large, you HAD to walk a lot or take the shuttle.... we only took it if we were really exhausted, or it was raining...so walking a lot was on the schedule I am so glad I did what I did.......but was still careful.....now its onward towards goal. so to everyone heading off to thier own little piece of paradise... Jamaica etc....... ENJOY it........... when we are in our last days, and look back at our life, I dont think we want to remember our vacations with our loved ones with the thought of ' at least i only ate SALAD'......hhahah. That is my personal rant... have a GREAT IP day everyone.
Congratulations!! That must feel great. You look fabulous in your picture by the way! We have 12 days before we go and I am so excited and pumped to go-thanks to your advice. Thanks again!
Old 02-09-2011, 08:43 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 201/147/155

Height: 5"9

I have some questions regarding phase 4. I will post here because this thread is visited more than the "life after phase 1". I am starting maintenance next week and am a bit confused on keeping fats and carbs separate. I know fats at lunch, carbs at supper, but they also recommend spaghetti and meatballs for supper-is this not carbs and fats together?? They say beans for supper-can I have cornbread with that? Is it ok to have fruit and nuts for snacks throughout the day? Can anyone give me a sample of what their "normal" menu is like? Thanks!!
Old 02-09-2011, 08:46 AM   #10  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Good morning all. We just got 10"-12" of snow yesterday and last night, uncommon for us here in Kansas. I love the snow, just not the shoveling part. My 4x4 gets around no problem, but the wifes van might struggle today.

I am 31 days into IP and feel great. Have WI#5 tomorrow and am hoping for a great number for a loss.

NSV's yesterday - I have had 3 different male co-workers stop me and ask if I have lost a considerable amount of weight? That is a strange question coming from males as we normally do not comment about each others weight. It was a great feeling. One even said I needed to get some new shirts as mine are all big, baggy and a bit sloppy. I used to wear 2XLT's and could easily wear a 1XLT but am putting off clothes shopping until I am done.

Another male co-worker asked me what I was doing. I explained it to him and he wants to talk to his wife about doing IP as well. He was amazed that I have lost 28+ in 30 days.

When I got home last night, my wife said "you look really slim! I don't think I have seen you this slim before." She is correct. I was heavier and bigger when I met her 5 years ago. That was a great feeling and my 5 year old is always telling me that I am getting smaller.

Good luck to everyone today and hope you all continue to have great successes.

LETS DO IT!
Old 02-09-2011, 08:47 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 155/145/135

Height: 5'9"

Good morning everyone. I am so inspired by LOSINGFORGODD2010. You do look amazing. I've had a good week. Fitting back into the Size 8 Banana Republic's. The J Crew size 8's - still a little tight. Amazing how much different brand sizes are.

Went to a birthday party Monday night at our local bar and grill where they have wing night. Opted out for a big salad and tips. They were very good. I'm sure I ate more than 5 oz. but I know it was a much better choice than the wings. I had water with lemon. I wish I would have thought of having a Pelligrino, but still I think it was a big success.

Thanks to all you wonderful people who keep me inspired!!!!
Old 02-09-2011, 08:53 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 247 / 247 / 180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Good morning all. We just got 10"-12" of snow yesterday and last night, uncommon for us here in Kansas. I love the snow, just not the shoveling part. My 4x4 gets around no problem, but the wifes van might struggle today.

I am 31 days into IP and feel great. Have WI#5 tomorrow and am hoping for a great number for a loss.

NSV's yesterday - I have had 3 different male co-workers stop me and ask if I have lost a considerable amount of weight? That is a strange question coming from males as we normally do not comment about each others weight. It was a great feeling. One even said I needed to get some new shirts as mine are all big, baggy and a bit sloppy. I used to wear 2XLT's and could easily wear a 1XLT but am putting off clothes shopping until I am done.

Another male co-worker asked me what I was doing. I explained it to him and he wants to talk to his wife about doing IP as well. He was amazed that I have lost 28+ in 30 days.

When I got home last night, my wife said "you look really slim! I don't think I have seen you this slim before." She is correct. I was heavier and bigger when I met her 5 years ago. That was a great feeling and my 5 year old is always telling me that I am getting smaller.

Good luck to everyone today and hope you all continue to have great successes.

LETS DO IT!
That is awesome Juiceman! You are such an inspiration and just look at you go..you are on a roll and nothing is stopping you! Congrats on all your weight loss and determination
Can't wait to see the final before and after pictures
Old 02-09-2011, 08:54 AM   #13  
Started IP 01/10/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBG View Post
I cut my turnip fries (rutabagas - not purple top turnips) the same size as a regular french fry. I add a bit of oil into a ziploc bag and shake the turnip pieces to coat. I then place them on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet, sprinkle with salt and put them in the oven @ 450 degrees. Turn after the bottoms are nicely browned and take out when both sides are browned - sometimes the tips get a little burnt. Add a bit more real salt and enjoy! Not quite the same as deep frying them but a tasty substitute that is filling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
The difference between your "fries" and Jman's may be, and I'm emphasizing the may, that you added the salt before you baked. Salt draws out water. But I wouldn't go overboard with the salt.
Thank you for sharing. I have used the purple turnips in both my attempts. I put them on a foil lined cookie sheet. I coated them with oil and the sheet, sprinkled with salt and other seasonings and baked at 300° for 20 min then would flip them for another 10-15 min. They would stick and still be mushy. I will try rutabagas next time and use parchment paper.

This looks like a food I would like, but just have not mastered it. It is frustrating me as I like to cook and hate failures. Will give them a shot this weekend.

Thanks again.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:59 AM   #14  
Started IP 01/10/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutieEli View Post
That is awesome Juiceman! You are such an inspiration and just look at you go..you are on a roll and nothing is stopping you! Congrats on all your weight loss and determination
Can't wait to see the final before and after pictures
Thank you CutieEli. My in-laws have been my inspiration for this and just to be healthier for my children and family. My in-laws have lost a combined 200+#'s. They look amazing and are doing great. You can see their pictures in the mini goals, labled "together we lost 200#" I think that is the title.

Not sure I will put my before and after pictures on here as I take them wearing only gym shorts. I do a front and profile picture. We will see.

I hope to be done by my birthday in April and enjoy the spring and summer with my shirt off! Ha.

Thanks again for the wonderful comments. You are doing great as well. Keep it up and know we all can do it.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:01 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 250/199/170

Height: 65

Good Morning! I love reading all the postive messages. Having a great week so far. Can't wait for my weigh in on Saturday! 39 days til Spring....;-)
Closed Thread