Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 02-08-2011, 12:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 237/Preggo with #2/Have a baby

Height: 5'3"

Default PG and trying to watch calories with Iphone

Hi all,
So I have been all over the place with loosing weight and then found out I was PG in December. I have been very sick with morning sickness since then and have actually been loosing weight.

Now that I am at the end of the first trimester and my hormones seem to be getting back to letting me eat some I want to watch my calories just so I am not gaining too much weight.
I was wondering if anyone uses a good calorie counter on the IPhone that they would recommend.
I work full time and have a 2 1/2year old daughter, so my time is very limited on writing stuff down but I want to at least keep track of what I am consuming to try to stay a little healthier this time around.

Any thoughts or ideas would be great- thanks!
Katsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 03:24 PM   #2  
kaw

S/C/G: 159-ish/145/140-ish

Height: 5' 8.75"

I use an app called Nutrition Menu (e-mail is [email protected]). It has the same food database that every other app seems to use (based on USDA data), but stores it in the iphone instead of remotely. The benefit is that if you don't have internet service, you can still use it because you're not connecting to a server every time. It probably has fewer frills than more expensive apps, but it does what I need it to do.
kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 03:27 PM   #3  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

I use MyNetDiary. The pro app is $2.99 I believe. You can also access your logs via the website to log food, print weekly charts, etc. I like the flexibility of being able to use my phone or my computer and having it all mesh.
peanutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:20 AM   #4  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I have a couple of friends that use the Lose It app and they seem to like it a lot.
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:26 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/ticker/137

Height: 5'4.5"

I used to use LoseIt but then I discovered Calorie Counter (from Fat Secret) and I love it.

I love the interface a lot more and as a bonus, it has an ipad app as well.

It's also free.
Silverdrmr is offline   Reply With Quote