Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-05-2011, 08:43 PM   #1  
always ready

Unhappy CANT believe he said this to me :,,,,,(

ok i am so upset at my hubby right now. i have barely ate all day mostly becuz of work and decited no to go to sleep hungry its saturday i been going to the gym all week even going tonight as i type

so we are at a friends house and i began to eat a baked patato and 3 lanes of baby back ribs sorry but im starving i cant be on special k bars all my diet

he says to me " DAM arent you on a diet??? your going to get fatter!"

Now the embarrassing part that has me about to cry isnt that he said it but that he said it infornt of everyone

i am so embarrased right now and we just finish telling our friends how that im excersiing and eating better i have no idea how to handle this

i feel like throwing up the lil that i ate i couldnt even finish the food and it WAS NOT THAT MUCH TO BEGIN WITH

WHAT DO I DO?
whoIam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

Oh hunny I'm so sorry what a mean thing to say. Did you pull him aside privately and tell him how hurt you were?

You wrote the other day that you were a single mom but now you say you have a husband. I'm assuming that there are some problems in the marriage? Is he being unsupportive in general to you and bringing you down? You don't have to answer that btw...

Last edited by sacha; 02-05-2011 at 08:58 PM.
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 09:00 PM   #3  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Well, he was STUPID and now it's too late to say something then and there, but a simple, "Darling, I haven't eaten all day, I'm famished and what I'm eating is fine."

Instead, bonk him on the head and say, "duh - that was stupid and embarrassing!" Ok, maybe don't bonk his head, but have a talk with him on how that was hurtful. Your friends are probably embarrassed for HIM and felt bad for YOU.

But, try not to take it personally and maybe talk to him too about appropriate eating and how you know what you're doing, etc. (Which I hope you know!)
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 09:06 PM   #4  
always ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacha View Post
Oh hunny I'm so sorry what a mean thing to say. Did you pull him aside privately and tell him how hurt you were?

You wrote the other day that you were a single mom but now you say you have a husband. I'm assuming that there are some problems in the marriage? Is he being unsupportive in general to you and bringing you down? You don't have to answer that btw...
no not husband i call him hubby (sorry habit)but he is my sorta soon not to be boyfriend, becuasse of this. i am a single mom he not the father we been dating for about 6 monthes but now i see this from him.

so far he has been supportive but i just dont understand why he said this to me i couldnt pull him aside i just left the plate and ran to the restroom.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:09 PM   #5  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

What, are you going to let him rule your world? Yeah, it wasn't a nice thing to say, but HE's the one should be hanging his head and running to the restroom, NOT YOU!

Yeah, soon to be ex boyfriend, I'd say.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 09:12 PM   #6  
always ready

@jay thanks

@berryblondeboys
i got to tell him a little mintue ago why does he need to worry what goes in my mouth I KNO MY CALORIES I KNOW WHAT TO EAT ITS MY BODY MY MOUTH MY WEIGHT i feel alot better
Old 02-05-2011, 09:21 PM   #7  

S/C/G: HW 231/ S158 / C125.7/ G120

Height: 5'4"

That wasn't nice of him at all! I'm so sorry to hear that he said that to you

Since he's generally supportive, could it have been a moment of lapse in judgment? A 'not' thinking before speaking kind of thing?

If it was, that doesn't excuse what he said, IMO. Either way, I would let him know that you are upset, and why. Sometimes people need to have supportive do's and don'ts spelled out for them, regardless of the situation

Chin up sweetie!
back2reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:25 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 225/205/140

Height: 5'4

RUN as fast as you can away from him, this will NOT get better with him, men who put women down in front of others do not deserve to be with a woman. My ex husband said similiar things to me he was horrible and they only make you feel worse about yourself, you deserve someone who treats you with dignity and respect. I learned a long time ago to be very careful what I eat in front of others to avoid comments they hurt and can affect you for a long time.
Ashley777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:47 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 234.5/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Wow, what a jerk! He had no right to do that to you in front of everyone. I agree with Ashley...maybe you should get away from this one!
CurryMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 12:17 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 234/153/138

Yep, I think you would lose alot of weight just by being Rid of this dude! Talk about an albatross around your neck, and the stress from whatever comes out of his mouth next. Especially with Valentine's Day coming. You shouldn't have to "explain" to him, or anyone else, what and why you are eating anything anyway. Your diet is your personal stuff, lifestyle and so forth. Wonder if the current trashtalk fad has something to do with men like this??
results not typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 12:21 AM   #11  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

Lose his negative butt now. This man will do nothing but bring you down to make himself seem more important. I was once married a man who liked to tell me I was fat and ugly and no other man would ever want me. Fast forward 15 years....I have been married 14 years to my second husband, ex is still single and without a girlfriend all these years later..
TamiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 12:28 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 160/157/120

Height: 5'1"

He doesn't deserve you. If he can't support you fully and treat you with respect, he should go. You deserve better.
marianne78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:46 AM   #13  
Picking Myself back up

Height: 5'6 1/2

HIya.

Yes thats just wrong...
He could of just said.. honey watch your portions..
if he had to say anything at all..
Your an adult. its up to you what you eat.. Just be careful.. He he talks to you like that now.. down the road more than likely will get worse..

Anyways.. jUst keep in mine. Even thou your starving..
eating late at night is not good for you. Trying to take slower portions
My dad used to eat 1 meal a day.. a large meal but 1 meal..
and never lost weight then h started eating 5 small meals and lost about 50 pounds!!So eating late really does not work..
I try to fill my plate 50% salad 25 % protein and 25% whatever.. if im out..
and then if im still hugry go back for a 2nd plate.. then everyone mostly sees salad on my plate..Just my 2 cents

good luck but fat or thin.. Your a strong woman and you can do this!
Grace73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:53 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Men have two heads and they think with the small one. I'd trade up!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:30 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I was going to make a comment but I can't improve on the above comments.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote