Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-05-2011, 01:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 290/290/147

Height: 5'7"

Default Inspiration Notebook

So several threads have inspired me today. I saw one where someone has put up a countdown with some inspirational pics. I read another thread where someone complained about not being able to stay focused. I read something on another site about someone who keeps an inspiration notebook. All this kind of marinated in my head and I think I need an inspiration sketchbook. I can fill it with photos, success stories, pictures, and my own goals and use it as like a visual journal/art project to keep me focused. If I work on it a little every day then it will both a reminder of my goals AND something physical to actually focus me. I can even include some spiritual quotes (if you're Christian - or probably any faith or type of spiritual persuasion, you can easily find quotes online that relate to weight loss, fitness, and taking care of yourself).

I'm really excited about this idea! Anyone else want to try?

I'd love to hear some ideas about what other people would include. I'm seeing something very mixed media with pictures, sketches, quotes, Bible verses, inspirational success stories and before and afters - just really POSITIVE stuff that inspires me and reminds me of what I'm going for.
NiteNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 02:52 PM   #2  

Height: 1.67m

I really like your idea I have something similar, but a bit less ambitious, where I write down my fav quotes and some other things. Plus working on something creative like that is a good way to keep away from the food lol
timkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 03:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 174/170/125

Height: 5'2"

I have a box of motivational stuff. Mostly index cards with little quotes or whatever written on them, but also a list of reasons why I want to lose weight and improve my relationship with food, and a card with a gold sticker on it for each day I don't binge. Sort of silly and child-like, but it's helped me a lot. I know that if I go off track for any amount of time, that box is still going to be there. It's not going to let me forget... And I find that writing things down on index cards or counting my little star stickers or just generally finding things to put in the box is a great thing to do during those times when I really want to binge and throw my hard work away.

Last edited by Eurydice; 02-05-2011 at 03:23 PM.
Eurydice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 06:32 PM   #4  
Zumba Freak :)

S/C/G: 267/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

This is a really cool idea. I've kept old pictured of myself of when I was smaller and on bad days I take those pictures out to remind myself of how happy I was in those pictures.
Good luck on your journey
martha328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 09:00 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 290/290/147

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for the feedback!

Martha, I have some pics of myself that I look at every now and then just to remind myself that I haven't always been this way. I look like a different person. I should put those in. The really sad thing is that I have so few pictures of myself with my daughter. I see all the pics my friends post of themselves and their kids and how often they schedule photography sessions with their kids and I think it's sad that my daughter has no pics of us together because I just hate hate hate how I look right now. I think there might be one picture of me from when I was pregnant with her.

Euridice, I should give myself a gold star for every day I just stay on plan. Staying focused for even one day is just so hard.

Timkerbell, I'm trying to keep myself busy with various little creative projects. Some nights it works...others, not so much.
NiteNicole is offline   Reply With Quote