Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 02-03-2011, 09:32 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Height: 5'5

Default Help, please! Need a good FF dressing.

Anyone have any suggestions on a good fat free dressing? Most that I've had in the past are not at all to my liking...
CardiacNurse5465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

I love, love, love Wishbone Fat Free Italian. I use it almost every day.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:53 PM   #3  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

I like the Maple Grove Farms fat free balsamic vinaigrette (sp?). My hubby even likes it.

Also, I have a friend that uses hot sauce as her salad dressing. (I can't eat hot stuff myself).
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 03:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 185/174/169

Height: 5'8

My favorite is Kraft Free Zesty Italian dressing. It really tastes fresh, and not like a diet dressing at all.
WebWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 02:54 PM   #5  
natalie

S/C/G: 260/171.2/145

Height: 5'7"

This stuff is REALLY good. Really pricey though, around $6 a bottle. But it's only 15 cals per tablespoon and it's delicious.

http://www.galeoscafe.com/

You can get it at Whole Foods, and they have a list of a bunch of other places on there too.
oodlesofnoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:41 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

I like Kraft Free Zesty Italian dressing and it is only 15 cal per serving

Larry,
-------------------
Other people's opinion of you does not have to become your reality. ~Les Brown
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 02:46 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 252/232/140

Height: 5'4"

I just discovered some delicious and low fat salad dressings at Trader Joes. I've tried the low fat parmesan ranch dressing (15 cal/tbsp) and the pear champagne vinaigrette dressing (45 cal/2 tbsp). Both were very good. They also had some other low calorie flavors too.
julz05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 07:14 PM   #8  
Lets try this again

Height: 5'5

oodlesofnoodles, hate to post this but:

http://www.walletpop.com/2010/11/18/...-claims-to-be/

I wouldnt get the Galeos.
punkrprincessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 07:51 PM   #9  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I haven't found many fat free dressings that taste remotely edible to me (and those that do always seem to be ridiculously overpriced), so I just make my own.

I've perfected the splash and dash method, but initially I started with online recipes, but found that I can use little or no oil, if I use rice wine vinegar or citrus juices that are milder than typical vinegars.

My favorite is just rice wine vinegar (or the vinegar from a jar of pickled yellow pepper rings), and a pinch (each) of splenda, garlic powder, and Lowry's seasoning salt.

I also love the oriental salad dressings you can find in asian grocery stores or the ethnic sections of the grocery store. I can't remember a particular brand, but they're named after the color "green salad dressing," and "red salad dressing." The green one is awesome. It's a puree of ginger, cilantro, and garlic (makes a great marinade or potato/pasta topping too).

I also love the red one, but I love hot peppers. It's pretty spicy because it's chili based. Hubby likes the green one (it reminds us both of house dressings in japanese steakhouses), but he's a wuss when it comes to chili pepper heat so the red one is too hot for him. (Now in the case of horseradish, mustard, or black pepper he's the fan and I'm the wimp).

I also use bottled Nuoc Cham (thai dipping sauce) as a salad dressing. Really yummy, and very low fat and low calorie. I now usually make my own (it's really easy and there are tons of recipes online. I just replace the sugar with Splenda).
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 03:20 PM   #10  

I second everything kaplods said. I would also add that when a salad is just a pile of lettuce we often are using the lettuce as a mere vehicle for the tasty item - the dressing. When you add lots of variety and different flavors and textures to the salad the dressing becomes more of an accent. For example some grated carrots, a tsp of dried cranberries, a few chopped toasted nuts, or marinated onions bring life to the party. I also like to have my protein in the salad even if it is warm.
tommy is offline   Reply With Quote