Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-03-2011, 10:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 108/105.8/60 kgs

Height: 5 foot 6

Default Dealing with exhaustion

Greetings

I've been having this problem quite a bit lately, where I suddenly feel bone tired, and cannot for the life of me exercise. I've been slacking off heaps lately from exercising, and my calories are creeping up again. This TOTM has also been unusually hard to deal with too - stomach cramps, weird digestion, skin eruptions, paranoia, etc.

Of course my weight loss has been slowed down.
How to overcome the exhaustion, and has anyone else experienced this whilst dieting?
sonickel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

Have you tried including more carbs in your diet? I usually try to avoid it but when my TOM gets really bad upping the carbs and drinking more water seems to help a little.
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:44 PM   #3  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I've been having that problem too lately. Feeling like I'm running on 30% or something. If I eat more calories and carbs I'll feel better but then I'll gain weight. It's a terrible cycle.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:46 PM   #4  
~~transforming Diva~

S/C/G: 368-heaviest 299/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

If you can i would get a work up by my gynecologist. Your hormones could be going way out of whack and there could be a reason for such severe exhaustion. for two weeks before i get my tom, i am bone fatigued, not just a little tired but it is a struggle to move, stay awake and I have zero energy.

Eating more carbs can definately help, not the bad kind, and drinking extra water too.
WillsAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 03:30 PM   #5  
xty
bright hearted

S/C/G: 240/127/125

Height: 5'6

Agree it wouldnt hurt to see your gyn if this is new and severe (and you havent changed much else in the way of eating, etc).

Here are a few other suggestions to try yourself:
- drink coconut water. it is relatively low cal, high in potassium and electrolytes and I find it soothes my digestive track inflamation
- walk around for 5 mins after eating to help digestion
- make sure you are getting enough b vitamins for the energy issues, they really make a diff with me
- I also add Ribose as a supplement, its supposed to help with energy and also with building muscle
- talk yourself into the workout. It will likely help the digestion, help clear your skin and up your mood. When I dont feel 100% I usually make the following bargain with myself "self, you ONLY have to do the first 10m of this workout...and if after that you still feel like laying on the couch, you can go home and do so". In hundreds of times Ive made that bargain, only once or twice did I actually stop after 10mins. Once Im in the middle of a workout, even if Im not doing awesome I can usually keep going. And if not, I feel better for having done something.
xty is offline   Reply With Quote